TEAM SHELBY FORUM

So, how did I do?

MarkGT08

OK, I will tell you first, that this is my first Shelby, an 08 in Grabber Orange. I live in Southern California. Up until now, I have been mostly a GM guy. I have had 2 Corvettes and 4 Camaros Z-28. I have also had 2 other Mustangs (a Turbo Mustang back in 1979, and a recent 2007 V-6).

The Shelby was a true impulse buy. My wife and I were out cruising in my 2001 Corvette, and I was doing my usual complaining about the electrical system. It has been a complaint of mine since I bought it new in 2001. Now, don't get me wrong, the Vette was awesome, but the constant failing fuel guage, oil pressure guage, tire pressure guages, radio display, etc were irritating as hell. It did have 95,000 miles on and I was about ready for a change. I also owned a 2007 Mustang, V-6 and automatic.

So after my latest b***hing about the Vette at a traffic light, my wife points across the street to the Ford dealer, at this Grabber Orange Shelby and says 'Why don't you stop complaining and go get that one!". So on a whim, I went into the dealership, and started looking at regular GTs. but My wife kept pointing at the Shelby and said "NO, you want that one".

SO, long story short, the next day, I traded in both the 07 Mustang and the Corvette for the Shelby. I got it for about $2000 over what the premium GT price was (before the Shelby markup) with a 72 month 0% loan. Why pay faster on ZERO percent, right? I have had it a month now. I just happened across this forum while soing a search on aftermarket parts, and I joined right up. There is a ton of great information here.

So, is there some breakdown somewhere that spells out the production numbers on these cars? As I said, its a 2008 GT, Grabber Orange. I am curious as to what the exclusivity is on the cars in general, and this one in particular. I probably should have researched the car more BEFORE I bought it, but as I said, it was sort of an impulse buy.

Also, what sort of benefits are there for a paying member here?: I know what the advertisement says, but what are the real practical advantages to becoming a paid member? Is there a secret club handshake or the location of the secret switch that turns on an extra 100 horsepower? :happy feet:

Congrats on your GO SGT. As for membership benefits, you're now a member of Mr. Shelby's very own 'dream garage', so congrats on that too. You'll get a great membership packet with lots of cool stuff.

All I know of the production #'s are that around 6K were built in 07 and around 2100 were built in 08, with GO being a small number of those. The SGT has since been discontinued, so those 8K or so will be it, according to SAI.

Ken

I believe less than 400 2008 GO SGTs????????????

I have a 2008 Barrett Jackson Limited Edition (black with red stripes) convertible. (I had two but one went to the CSCF at the Barrett Jackson auction in January). I put a Kenne Bell super charger on it and it is a beast.

I believe less than 400 2008 GO SGTs????????????

I think the number most tossed around is 217 GO SGTs, but it may be a few fewer than that.

congrats !!

:dance:

At the most, there are 219 Grabber Orange Shelby's for 2008 as the first blue one was numbered 08SGT0220...As far as the secret hand shake you need to get you some fender stripes on that bad boy...do a search for them and you'll find out how to apply them correctly...LOL

Congratulations on the whim purchase...you won't be disappointed...well, maybe until you get a supercharger on there...I want one so bad I can't stand it, but got laid off the last of March, so I'm on hold until I can find a decent new job! Just drive it and enjoy it...there are a whole bunch of crazy people on here and a whole bunch that have some really good knowledge...got a question, just ask it...the only stupid question is the one you don't ask!

Lets see some pics, and what is your CSM #. Its on the dash plaque and should read 08SGT????.

The more you hang out on Team Shelby, the more you will learn how cool it is to own a Shelby.

Thanks a lot everyone. My CSM is 08SGT0096. I assume by the responses on the color that the cars were built in color sequence then? And I really like the fender stripes. I will be looking for them right away. I have also had the supercharger itch. I am not too far from Galpin Ford, which is the largest Ford Dealer in the world. My wife and I visited them to take a look at their aftermarket upgrades. They actually do the show "Pimp My Ride" there. I was quoted $8100 for an installed Whipple. Is that in the ballpark of being a good price. I'm not sure what the Shelby equivalent would cost. Of course, I would rather lean towards Shelby doing the work to keep the car all Shelby.

Again, thanks for the welcome. It's a great group here.

post-24803-1241416181_thumb.jpg

post-24803-1241416209_thumb.jpg

post-24803-1241416246_thumb.jpg

Thanks a lot everyone. My CSM is 08SGT0096. I assume by the responses on the color that the cars were built in color sequence then? And I really like the fender stripes. I will be looking for them right away. I have also had the supercharger itch. I am not too far from Galpin Ford, which is the largest Ford Dealer in the world. My wife and I visited them to take a look at their aftermarket upgrades. They actually do the show "Pimp My Ride" there. I was quoted $8100 for an installed Whipple. Is that in the ballpark of being a good price. I'm not sure what the Shelby equivalent would cost. Of course, I would rather lean towards Shelby doing the work to keep the car all Shelby.

Again, thanks for the welcome. It's a great group here.

Stay away from Galpin. My good friend had some mods done on an '06 Saleen and a '07 GT500. VERY bad work. they botched the dash on the Saleen and the exhaust on the GT500 was poorly placed where the heat melted some of the rear diffuser. They lowered the same car and never re-installed the rear stabilizer. He never even knew that until 19 months later!!! Go to known and reputable shops. besides, they have a "dealer size" mark up on thier work and products. Unless you want to be able to say G.A.S. (Pimp My Ride guys) did my work, and want to pay more for mods....go with someone you can actually keep an eye on and won't gouge you on price. My friend paid over $1500 just for a 3 gauge cluster !!!! INSANE! Check out ST Performance or R.E.T. (Racers Edge Tuning). Either one is not too far for you.

Welcome aboard. Great choice in cars. Even though we know black is the fastest color :beatdeadhorse:, I love the Grabber Orange color. I always have. Lots of great people here. Good info and lots of fun. :happy feet:

At the most, there are 219 Grabber Orange Shelby's for 2008 as the first blue one was numbered 08SGT0220...

That was the original info, but we have learned since that 0218 and 0219 our the 1st 2 blue 08 SGTs. 0003-0217 are known to be Grabber Orange. 001 and 002? I think Roger S believes they are also Grabber Orange.

So 215-217 are grabber orange.

Stay away from Galpin. My good friend had some mods done on an '06 Saleen and a '07 GT500. VERY bad work. they botched the dash on the Saleen and the exhaust on the GT500 was poorly placed where the heat melted some of the rear diffuser. They lowered the same car and never re-installed the rear stabilizer. He never even knew that until 19 months later!!! Go to known and reputable shops. besides, they have a "dealer size" mark up on thier work and products. Unless you want to be able to say G.A.S. (Pimp My Ride guys) did my work, and want to pay more for mods....go with someone you can actually keep an eye on and won't gouge you on price. My friend paid over $1500 just for a 3 gauge cluster !!!! INSANE! Check out ST Performance or R.E.T. (Racers Edge Tuning). Either one is not too far for you.

Thanks. I checked out RET's website. Looks like they know what they are doing. And they are only 30 ,iles away.

MarkGT08, Congrats on your new Shelby and welcome to the Team Shelby forums.

In regards to your question on the paying Team Shelby membership. That is something each person needs to decide on their own but it does have its advantages.

A paying member of Team Shelby has access to several areas of the forums that gives you the ability to directly communicate and see the latest from SAI.

A paying member receives a membership kit that includes alot of neat items well worth the membership cost.

A paying member also receives many discounts thru the year from SHelby Performance Parts, the TS Gift Store and also from alot of our vendors. These discounts easily cover the TS membership cost.

A paying member also has the ability to purchase tickets to special TS events each year like the previous 85th & 86th B-day bashes and the Terlinqua event.

There are many more advantages to being a paying TS member but I just wanted to touch on some of the highlights.

Steve

Congrats on the Great Pumpkin!!

Black is beautiful baby!!

That was the original info, but we have learned since that 0218 and 0219 our the 1st 2 blue 08 SGTs. 0003-0217 are known to be Grabber Orange. 001 and 002? I think Roger S believes they are also Grabber Orange.

So 215-217 are grabber orange.

Yeap, and according to Amy, she thinks those first 2 were proto types or the numbers didn't get used.

No more than 217 of the 8000+ SGT's

Archived