TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dumb Question?

Since I only have 400+ miles on my SGT I must ask what is the rev limiter set at factory. I say this while racing a couple of punk kids in there BMW's and when I dropped down the car lagged or almost shut down. Don't worry, I won! But it just makes me more impatient on the SC I have planned for next year!

Since I only have 400+ miles on my SGT I must ask what is the rev limiter set at factory. I say this while racing a couple of punk kids in there BMW's and when I dropped down the car lagged or almost shut down. Don't worry, I won! But it just makes me more impatient on the SC I have planned for next year!

I believe the rev limiter kicks in about 6200 rpm.

I think its 6500

Why bother with punk kids? What are they to you? You want to put your life in their hands?

I only say this because I stopped this MANY years ago when street racing this guy that lost control and he almost hit me where we going about 90 at that point. I had to swerve to avoid him crossing over into my lane putting me in a spin. Somehow, I don't know how, I ended up back in the middle of the street and not dead. From that day on when a race is offered I smile and wave them on. This usually pisses them off more...as if I'm telling them that they're not worth it. You will never be as fast as they will imagine you are and I would just be kicking myself in the @$$ if something ever happened to my car because I let some pimple faced rice burner kid push my button.

Just my opinion!

Have fun but be safe!

:shift:

Well said. I take your opinion to heart. You are 100% correct. I guess I think I'm still a teenager. Thanks.

Why bother with punk kids? What are they to you? You want to put your life in their hands?

I only say this because I stopped this MANY years ago when street racing this guy that lost control and he almost hit me where we going about 90 at that point. I had to swerve to avoid him crossing over into my lane putting me in a spin. Somehow, I don't know how, I ended up back in the middle of the street and not dead. From that day on when a race is offered I smile and wave them on. This usually pisses them off more...as if I'm telling them that they're not worth it. You will never be as fast as they will imagine you are and I would just be kicking myself in the @$$ if something ever happened to my car because I let some pimple faced rice burner kid push my button.

Just my opinion!

Have fun but be safe!

Just my opinion!

Have fun but be safe!

+1

Well put. I only get the urge when the car is a formidable challenger (vette, Porsche, etc).

I still, however, resist more often than not. Anything with a fart can on the back of it doesn't yield a second look.

I'd suggest finding an open track event to let loose at. You'll do a lot more laughing than racing on the street after getting a good track day under your belt.

Ken

Just my opinion!

Have fun but be safe!

Right on!

I just smile and let them go. It makes em' wonder a little why you didn't bite the bait and it definitely embarrasses them and sometimes they get mad.

I had a kid pull up to me in his little honda shit box and he was reving it while looking at me in the Shelby and I gave him a look like...........let's do this!

I could have been his father for crying out loud. Hey, I never thought I would say that....Anyway

The light turned green, he was standing on it while I made a right turn and as I looked back at him...........he stopped in the middle of the street and was giving me the finger out of his window. :cry:

It was funny to say the least. :hysterical3:

I don't want this kid losing the road and hitting my car!......Let em' go and smile........Philip

I do same as most of you just glance over watch them rev and let them go happened last weekend here in WI finally had nice day kids in rice rocket reving up thier crappy sounding muffler, reved up SGT light turned grren ( they did not see State trooper two cars back, waved at them as they were getting the ticket. Happens more when I drive the 67 Shelby which is why I dont drive it muck too many fools on road, I run my cars at Road Ameerica WI club track events more fun and safer Bruce

I do same as most of you just glance over watch them rev and let them go happened last weekend here in WI finally had nice day kids in rice rocket reving up thier crappy sounding muffler, reved up SGT light turned grren ( they did not see State trooper two cars back, waved at them as they were getting the ticket. Happens more when I drive the 67 Shelby which is why I dont drive it muck too many fools on road, I run my cars at Road Ameerica WI club track events more fun and safer Bruce

Well put......As a reserve deputy Sheriff, I have memories of cutting kids out of mangled messes . And more than one time, I have come across a street racing accident, where the most horribly mutilated victims are some innocent family traveling on the other side of the street. Their only offense was traveling down the street at the wrong time. The difference between a long happy life for your own children and a life-changing mutilated mess that will destroy your family, is some fool who thinks his manhood has been challenged. The next time that you have the slightest urge to react to some fools challenge on the street, just remember your own kids could be gone in an instant because of some idiot grandstanding.

I'm not directing these comments at any person here specifically. I'm just sharing what I have seen in general. Do your racing at the track.

I really get my jollies in a different way. When some idiot revs his engine next to me, looking for a race, I calmly flip open my badge wallet and hold it to the drivers side window without even glancing over. Usually, they make the next left turn. Go figure. :shift:

I don't care what anyone says, if a guy in a Shelby doesn't race the hottie in a Porsche, he needs to hand the keys over to someone that will. ;)

Ken

Really now? Try this happy ending. It's a very interesting read and happened just a few miles away from here. I'm sure her family hopes that she won the race.

http://www.albertastars.com/posts.php?forum=4&topic=879

Really now? Try this happy ending. It's a very interesting read and happened just a few miles away from here. I'm sure her family hopes that she won the race.

http://www.albertastars.com/posts.php?forum=4&topic=879

Sounds me like suicide. Im just glad no one else was hurt. If it was guaranteed no one else would get hurt Id be all for speeding and racing on the roadway. Who cars if people want to race as long as they dont hurt anyone but them self. But they fact is innocent kids and adults are hurt as well. This is why racers should be at the tracks and not on the street.

On a side not, this is also why assisted suicide should be allowed. If she wanted kill herself thats fine, but what I dont agree with is her putting other in jeopardy.

I know thats probably not a popular opinion but its my opinion.

have someone you love die in an accident before suggesting they "lighten up".

And try reading the police report about how he or she died before even thinking about street racing.

And while the photos of Nikki are the most gruesome things you'll ever see I hope they serve to remind folks of how unsafe high speed driving is. And how fragile humans are.

have someone you love die in an accident before suggesting they "lighten up".

And try reading the police report about how he or she died before even thinking about street racing.

And while the photos of Nikki are the most gruesome things you'll ever see I hope they serve to remind folks of how unsafe high speed driving is. And how fragile humans are.

It was a :censored: joke. :talkhand:

Had a 2006 GT Vert. Mods included shorties, UD pullies, CAI, Corsa x-pipe and axle-backs, tune and 4.10's. I was good to go against upto and including BMW 550 models as well as Z3 and Z4 models.

The best was some yuppie guy trying to impress his girlfriend with his 2007 335 Vert on I-71 North out of Cincinnati. Watched him come up beside me and roar his motor and took off. The first time I let him do it. He then did it again and I let him do it again. He was just laughing his ass off enjoying it all. Then the third time he roared his motor beside me and took off. I gave him a one car rolling start and then I floored it as I waved bye-bye while I went by him. I slowed up to let him catch up but he wouldn't come up side-by-side. I could see him in my rear-view mirror shaking his head like "I should have beat him". He wasn't laughing any more.

Not looking for a race..........but! And I will leave it at that. I'm not a bleeding heart. We are all adults and know we shouldn't race on the streets, and yes we roll the dice when we do, and yes someone can die or get hurt, and yes we stand of chance of wrecking our prized shelby, and yes I've had friends die from racing when I was younger, and yes we are human, and yes humans do dumb things, and yes I don't want to get badgered on this site for telling a race story, and yes it's pretty much pointless to explain about street racing to a 45 yr old man or woman, and yes I won't race anymore minivans :hysterical: . Bottom line is to just be safe at whatever you do. B)

Ok - so back to the topic here - Factory Rev limiter is set to 6200 RPM. . . . . right?

Doesn't a custom tune change it or open it up to 6500 RPM?? Not really sure what the gain is there, I'm looking to shift before I hit that 6500 mark anyway. . . .

Ok - so back to the topic here - Factory Rev limiter is set to 6200 RPM. . . . . right?

Doesn't a custom tune change it or open it up to 6500 RPM?? Not really sure what the gain is there, I'm looking to shift before I hit that 6500 mark anyway. . . .

I'm running a custom tune and my rev limiter is still set at 6200. I'm not sure if that answers your question. I'm sure it's possible to adjust it up, but I can't imagine anyone recommending that with the 3V.

When on the track with my 4:10's, that red line comes up on me pretty quickly around some of the very sharp corners. I can't stand hearing the engine at 6k and do my best to avoid it, even at the expense of my lap times. There's no way I'd raise the limit on my own car.

Ken

What was this topic about again?

Oh right Rev limiter

6200 is what I've heard.

Contact Bamachips.com to have them set you up with a custom tune.

For the street racing topic...

Have fun, but don't be stupid...

I'll leave it at that.

Archived