TEAM SHELBY FORUM

License Plate Suggestions

39Mustang

I own a 2008 Shelby GT/SC

Car is titled and registered in Florida

Looking to get a Personalized License Plate and need some idea's and suggestions...

If use a speciality plate then only 5 letters or numbers allowed - this plate I prefer

If use normal plate then can use 7 letters/numbers

Any suggestion's?

I made a list of about 10 possibilties when I bought my SGT. I can't rememeber most of them. We are able to search our DMV data base to see what is taken and what is not acceptable. We can create our plate on line to see what it wlll look like on the different specialty plates as well as on the 2 standard plates Utah offers.

I looked around at car shows and parking lots to see what other people did. I came up with "NEVERL8' because you have no excuse to get anywhere slowly. I liked the plates that made you think for a minute. I get lots of smiles and photos at shows and cruises because of my plate.

After owning my SGT for awhile, it seems somebody wants to race me every time I take the car out. I have thought about "Bring It" or "Try It" if I ever change plates.

Looking to get a Personalized License Plate and need some idea's and suggestions...

If use a speciality plate then only 5 letters or numbers allowed - this plate I prefer

Any suggestion's?

How about PIGSSUK. That should be popular.....

:hysterical:

It would be easier to offer suggestions if we knew your leanings. For example, do you want to make a statement or just a nice, non-confrontational phrase?

Mine is URNDWA. Not many people get it and usually reference it to mean something about underwear for some reason. :headscratch:

Any suggestion's?

We all know Shelby's rule the road and others shouldn't even think about challenging one. SOOOO, why not: "DONTEVN".

How about PIGSSUK. That should be popular.....

:hysterical:

It would be easier to offer suggestions if we knew your leanings. For example, do you want to make a statement or just a nice, non-confrontational phrase?

Mine is URNDWA. Not many people get it and usually reference it to mean something about underwear for some reason. :headscratch:

Looking for a saying that has to do with the car but I may be limited to only 5 digits if I use a speciality plate. Since Florida has many cars including Shelby's, Cobra's, and Viper's, the obvious ones are all taken.

I just secured "EL SHLB" for myself. I spent a couple days creating list and testing them on the TxDot website. Texas is limited to 6 characters and it was tough coming up with something so I don’t envy you working with 5. Here are some suggestions:

SHLBY

EL SGT – Showing the Latin love

GT SNK

SNK GT

MY SGT

SR SGT

NO POS – really doesn’t ‘say’ Shelby but would be funny

SHLB – Add a number or character to any of these to expand your options.

SN8K

SGT

Man you are on a a real tear on people today aren't you. :headscratch:

Huh? What do you mean by that? I thought that was a great suggestion!

There are FAR FAR more cool options in one 30 min look see than waiting days here for responses.

:headscratch:

How about using SGT_ _ _ _ and your four digit CSM#. It's really personalized

Can't do it in Ohio as they only allow a total of 7 characters of which 4 must be letters. People with 4-digit production numbers get left out in the cold.....and adding a letter as a prefix or suffix to "SGT" to meet the 4 letter policy defeats the whole purpose your good idea suggests.

As usual yet another time OHIO is living 10 years behind the times.....just like their front license plate requirement.....

This state ought to replace the sometimes used logo "The Heart of it All" with "The Bullshit of it All".

I assume all of the normal Shelby spellings are taken. They were here in Calif.

So, I had to settle for AH SHLBY. As in.... it's "a Shelby".

I know. Not very creative, but everything else I could think of was taken.

Good Luck!!

Archived