TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Cheap Rainy Day Mod

Well I knew it was going to rain all weekend here in NY so I was looking for something to keep me occupied. Looking at my strut tower brace, the Ford Racing logo seemed kinda invisible, since it was just the metallic finish. I decided to change that. Took a ride to a local hobby store and bought the necessary supplies. Some paint, some brushes and some clear gloss varnish. Cost me about 10 bucks.

Before:

post-20530-1241374489_thumb.jpg

After:

post-20530-1241374511_thumb.jpgpost-20530-1241374528_thumb.jpg

Now I just gotta hope the heat of the engine compartment doesn't screw it up!! :doh:

post-20530-1241374489_thumb.jpg

post-20530-1241374511_thumb.jpg

post-20530-1241374528_thumb.jpg

Looks good and nice idea.

That's a smart idea. I hope it withstands the engine heat. I switch my plate to the SPP Shelby one.

I was eyeballing this plate too. Is it just rivited on after removing the old one?

Well I knew it was going to rain all weekend here in NY so I was looking for something to keep me occupied. Looking at my strut tower brace, the Ford Racing logo seemed kinda invisible, since it was just the metallic finish. I decided to change that. Took a ride to a local hobby store and bought the necessary supplies. Some paint, some brushes and some clear gloss varnish. Cost me about 10 bucks.

Before:

strut_1.JPG

After:

strut_2.JPGstrut_3.JPG

Now I just gotta hope the heat of the engine compartment doesn't screw it up!! :doh:

Damn, I've done my Razor wheels and billet hood pins, now I have no choice but to do that :confused:

Russ

Archived