TEAM SHELBY FORUM

First Time Track Day

:headscratch:

So we signed up for our first time for an open track event. :shift: Its at PIR, a 12 turn 1.9 mile road course in Portland Oregon. We are very excited. :happy feet:

So when filling out the paper work, it asks what our desired car number is. Now its my understanding that your car number is the production number of your car. Now I have seen pictures of SGT's with a 3 digit number on the door, which I feel is fine. But our car number (07SGT3891), well to me, it just seems goofy to put a 4 digit (3891) on the door. Is there some sort of rule regarding the shorting of your number for this purpose?

We also thought we could make up a sign with the "38" in small print in front of the number "91" in larger print. Not sure. So this is why I posted here, so I can get some more ideas.

Thanks all.

I picked 547 only because I wanted to be able to tell mine apart from the crowd... Especially out on the track... But you can pick any number you want, as they really don't mean anything specific... Except to the owner :shift:

Gregg

07SGT0547

Most organizing bodies have rules about size, color, placement of numbers. Many offer permanent numbers to regular participants. It'd be a good idea to make your list of two-digit choices and call the registrar. It seems to me they will be able to tell you all you need to know, if it isn't already published on their Web site.

When I was racing in several different associations I had semi-permanent number "ll" (eleven) on my car, black on a white circle. If it was taken at a given event, a couple or more pieces of black racer tape could turn it into "0", "8", "14", "41", "6", "9", etc.

Still, if you can contact the registrar directly, they'll likely tell you well in advance what numbers are available and how and where they must be displayed.

I just did my first SCCA Solo day and placed 2nd in my class. Good thing there were only 2 of us LOL.

Anyway go with #38 it's the best number.

Hey that's cool; where was the event?

As for numbers, my old race car number was my birth year. How boring! But, it worked!

I just did my first SCCA Solo day and placed 2nd in my class. Good thing there were only 2 of us LOL.

Anyway go with #38 it's the best number.

Hey that's cool; where was the event?

As for numbers, my old race car number was my birth year. How boring! But, it worked!

Archived