TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Can't decide

90GT

Need help guys, I can't decide if I want to do suspension/wheels/tire or power mods first when my car finally comes in.

Suspension wise I want to get a kit which will improve the handling and lower the car, then add Wedsport 18X8/18X10 wheels. Tires would be 245/45/18 and 285/40/18 BFG KDW's.

Power mods would be CAI, full exhaust (header back), and a custom tune.

Which would you do first if it was your car??? :sos:

How about some of both - ?

Might just do that Ruf, good idea!!! :happy feet:

I could get the wheels and tires, then do the CAI and custom tune. I thought the car might look funny with the wheels/tires without being lowered but it shouldn't look any different than a stock GT500. The tires would be the same size except for the fronts which would be a tad smaller.

So it's the wheels/tires, then the CAI and tune. After that some axle backs, possibly FRPP stingers or SLP loud mouths. My neighbors are going to love me. :spiteful:

Anybody need any cams? :baby:

Not going to go with the cams although my decision has nothing to do with what your going through. I want lots of torque down low in the rpm range and the only way I can do that with this motor is with a supercharger. Currently going to go with the Saleen Supercharger.

Check out this link where MMFF got 430 rwhp with only 4 lbs of boost!!!

Saleen Supercharger

Need help guys, I can't decide if I want to do suspension/wheels/tire or power mods first when my car finally comes in.

Suspension wise I want to get a kit which will improve the handling and lower the car, then add Wedsport 18X8/18X10 wheels. Tires would be 245/45/18 and 285/40/18 BFG KDW's.

Power mods would be CAI, full exhaust (header back), and a custom tune.

Which would you do first if it was your car??? :sos:

Power, power and then more power. :shift:

I say do the suspension. No doubt the car will feel fast for a while, so enjoy it. Get it to hook up and handle well, and it'll feel just that much faster. You'll get the added benefit of waiting to see what out there really works and what doesn't. Enjoy the car.

I say do the suspension. No doubt the car will feel fast for a while, so enjoy it. Get it to hook up and handle well, and it'll feel just that much faster. You'll get the added benefit of waiting to see what out there really works and what doesn't. Enjoy the car.

Very true, then when it starts to feel "slow" I'll switch to the power mods.

Mrs Ruf asked me what I wanted for Christmas.

I said, "more."

More power Scotty, we need more power!!! :yahoo:

Archived