TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The NEW SVT?

ColdwaterHotrod

Do you think this is a good thing for SVT to go this way ?

Roush is the number one guy for Ford Performance & Reliability. I have been at many their shops & in R & D areas I'm not suppose to be in & what I can tell you is that Roush has their hands on almost every engine ever made by any & all mfg's. This is how he finds additional HP by seeing what others are doing & how their doing it & then he applies it to Ford Motors & parts. His parts are designed by Race engineers with a minimum of a Masters degree in each & every area of a vehicles sub-system.

The SVO/SVT operation was a marketing tool & an exercise in performance for FORDS Engineers. Just my 2 cents

Okay. I'll jump in.

I'm not a marketing expert, but why wouldn't Ford do niche Mustangs in-house?

Why engage a Roush or Saleen? The price of the cars will be higher - putting them out of reach for the "average" Mustang enthusiast.

Ford is building Shelbys on the regular assembly line. Why not offer another choice or two - and let Ford Racing Parts supply the aftermarket and keep it affordable for the proletariat? Jack has enough Lear Jets.

He's building 25 or 50 Special Editions? Who'll be buying those? Carpenters? Truck drivers? College Professors? No. The Elite - with six car garages.

Shades of Enzo....

Okay. I'll jump in.

I'm not a marketing expert, but why wouldn't Ford do niche Mustangs in-house?

Why engage a Roush or Saleen? The price of the cars will be higher - putting them out of reach for the "average" Mustang enthusiast.

Ford is building Shelbys on the regular assembly line. Why not offer another choice or two - and let Ford Racing Parts supply the aftermarket and keep it affordable for the proletariat? Jack has enough Lear Jets.

He's building 25 or 50 Special Editions? Who'll be buying those? Carpenters? Truck drivers? College Professors? No. The Elite - with six car garages.

Shades of Enzo....

Ruf,

I have to agree with you on this one. Keeping it in house would make it much more feasible for the working stiff to buy these cars.

Rob - Member Carpenters Local #247 - for 19 years.

Archived