TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby of the month?

robertlane

I like the idea alot.

Not sure how the voting would work, would it be you guys or us guys? Would you have us TS members submit a photo/s of our cars in general, or perhaps a specific theme, creativity of photo or unique car feature/mod. Just thinking out loud.

Im all for it.

I suggest the mods pick 10 cars a month and create a poll. At the end of the month we have a winner.

I think this should go for 11 months of the year. For December we need a poll with all the SOTM winners to compete at a chance of SOTY.

Chris

How about we do a Shelby of the Month?

What's your thoughts on submissions, voting and etc.?

We could make a special shirt or hat and get a gift cert. for the Shelby store for the monthly winner?

I was thinking maybe " TeamShelby Member " of the month,,so all can be apart,of the fun.,,, I sure hope I'm not making anyone mad,,for saying so.

I like the idea a lot. What I would like to see NOT happen, however, is that the guys who have the most mods and/or spends the most money wins. All-original cars should have the same opportunity!! So, the judging should include stories or activities (say about events or car shows the car and owner have been to, etc.) related to the cars as well, not just the mods.

How about we do a Shelby of the Month?

What's your thoughts on submissions, voting and etc.?

We could make a special shirt or hat and get a gift cert. for the Shelby store for the monthly winner?

I like it. :happy feet:

Robert,

Great idea. :happy feet: :happy feet:

I think voting should be at Shelby Auto's to keep it from falling into a popularity contest.

Does it go to vintage Shelby's, Cobras or multiple classes??

my 2 cents worth

Robert,

I think voting should be at Shelby Auto's to keep it from falling into a popularity contest.

my 2 cents worth

: this is my point Robert :rant2:

I like the idea a lot. What I would like to see NOT happen, however, is that the guys who have the most mods and/or spends the most money wins. All-original cars should have the same opportunity!! So, the judging should include stories or activities (say about events or car shows the car and owner have been to, etc.) related to the cars as well, not just the mods.

I disagree with you completely, ilmor. ;)

Thanks Robert for getting around to this, by the way. How about the other suggestions I posed a couple of months ago in this thread http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...c=37992&hl=?

"Sharon and Robert,

I just wanted to write with a few quick suggestions/requests for the forums.

#1 - Modify the regional section of the forums to make it more useful (i.e. California and Texas have such huge memberships and are so physically big that they, among many other states, could easily support their own sub-sections, which would allow members to coordinate meets and share local info much more easily.)

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...c=37992&hl=

#2 - Create some sort of 'Shelby of the month' contest/award, like many other forums have.

#3 - Allow for the creation of sanctioned regional clubs, such as the SAAC and many other car clubs have. Many TS members all over the country already organize meets and cruises on a regular basis. I'd love the opportunity to get in on the ground floor of something like this, if it ever comes to fruition.

Thanks for taking the time to consider any of these. Keep up the great work guys!

'kahmann'"

Im all for it.

I suggest the mods pick 10 cars a month and create a poll. At the end of the month we have a winner.

I think this should go for 11 months of the year. For December we need a poll with all the SOTM winners to compete at a chance of SOTY.

Chris

That works for me.

I like it. :happy feet:

You need to reduce your picture in your signature, its to BIG.

Robert,

my 2 cents worth

I agree.

Thanks for all the ideas, we will be doing our first Shelby of the Month for the month of June. :happy feet: :happy feet:

Later on in the month we will have a list of how we will pick the car.

Thanks Robert for getting around to this, by the way. How about the other suggestions I posed a couple of months ago in this thread http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...c=37992&hl=?

"Sharon and Robert,

I just wanted to write with a few quick suggestions/requests for the forums.

#1 - Modify the regional section of the forums to make it more useful (i.e. California and Texas have. . .

#2 - Create some sort of 'Shelby of the month' contest/award, like many other forums have.

#3 - Allow for the creation of sanctioned regional clubs, such as the SAAC and many other car clubs have. Many TS members all over the country already organize meets and cruises on a regular basis. I'd love the opportunity to get in on the ground floor of something like this, if it ever comes to fruition.

'kahmann'"

Yes as well on #3 as well. We have someone working on this now.

How does this sound:

There will be one forum to post in. Each person will post a thread in this forum, which will include their vehicle's details and photos. No one will be able to reply to the post.

It should include all Shelby models and makes regardless if they are original or modded.

Moderators and SAI will vote on which car should be "Shelby of the month." If we make it open voting, we can restrict to one vote per person, but I fear a popularity contest.

How does this sound:

There will be one forum to post in. Each person will post a thread in this forum, which will include their vehicle's details and photos. No one will be able to reply to the post.

It should include all Shelby models and makes regardless if they are original or modded.

Moderators and SAI will vote on which car should be "Shelby of the month." If we make it open voting, we can restrict to one vote per person, but I fear a popularity contest.

Sounds great to me.

Archived