TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need Help On New Super Snake (options ???)

I talked to Glen at Quantum Friday about making my Gt500 a SS. He gave me a lot of information and pictures. but I would like to here from people that have the Super Snakes. What options would yall do and what do you think about your cars?

I had my GT500 SS'd at Las Vegas. It took from July to Oct.

I went with 605hp, side quarter window scoops, red rear brake calipers, Eibach suspension. I am happy with all of my choices. It is money well spent. The car looks, drives, handles, and stops great. I have no regrets with any of it. The car rides very rough, but I chose this hard ride and am pleased with it. The only thing that I added on my own is the FFRP shift lever and white ball. Although the short shift linkage helped, the stock lever/handle combo felt mushy in all shifts. Now all shifts are firm and solid. The new lever and ball make the car seem like a different car.

I doubt you will have any regrets with what ever options you choose. I believe you will love it.

Gary

I'm thinking of going with the KB blower and a cooling upgrade. I'm glad to here that it handles and drives good because I do plan on driving mine. They are telling me I may get mine in Dallas in July if I put my deposit down now. Does it usly take a month or two.

Guy

Hey guys,

I am getting mine done at SHM right now, they say it takes 3.5 to 4 weeks to do the car

As far as options I went with the polished 725 SC / and the cooling package, more for insurance for the engine than anything else / I would have loved to get the rear 6piston breaks but I though they were toooo expensive / I will get the interior up grade some time this winter, from the pics so far it looks awesome / I am also getting a rear splitter cover made of carbon fiber but this part is not from SAI, I though it would finish off the car seeing how it has CF on the front splitter and the rocker panels / I went with the FRP suspension

As far as how it drives I can't tell you yet, but from what I hear it will be awesome :happy feet: :drool:

mine is t SAI now:

725HP

FRPP suspension (SAI recommended AGAINST the eibach springs... said they needed adjusting every 400 miles and didn't add much to the handling)

cooling package (a must if you plan to drive the car)

grabber orange brake calipers

side scoops

white shifter ball

rear brake system too expensive IMO

not sure about the interior package... may consider later after i've seen a few.

i did not get polished SC.... I like the black look against the grabber orange.

mine is t SAI now:

725HP

FRPP suspension (SAI recommended AGAINST the eibach springs... said they needed adjusting every 400 miles and didn't add much to the handling)

cooling package (a must if you plan to drive the car)

grabber orange brake calipers

side scoops

white shifter ball

rear brake system too expensive IMO

not sure about the interior package... may consider later after i've seen a few.

i did not get polished SC.... I like the black look against the grabber orange.

Thanks for the information. I have a white Shelby and you are right the black blower will probably look better. No one told me about the FRPP / Eibach suspension difference. Looks like FRPP is the way to go, and also a cooling package.

Guy

Thanks for the information. I have a white Shelby and you are right the black blower will probably look better. No one told me about the FRPP / Eibach suspension difference. Looks like FRPP is the way to go, and also a cooling package.

Guy

I like the Shelby/Eibach. I was told it was a rough ride, I feel it is firm, but not rough. If I do need to adjust it, that will be a good time to rotate tires and do extensive cleaning in the wheel well/caliper area, no big deal, I will want to do these other things anyway.

Yes, if I had a white car to be Super Snaked, I would probably choose Black for the blower also, BUT.......that polished blower draws the crowd at the car shows. With that bright finish, it does not blend in like "regular production", it stands out in a big way. It is the focal point of the engine compartment.

R

When mine was built there was no cooling package available and I drive mine most every day and it gets pretty hot here in Vegas and I haven't had any problems, I have the 725 HP blower option. I have considered having SAI install the extra cooling but since its not broken I am not going to fix it. That being said extra cooling is a great option and I would certainly order it on a future SS. My SS has been flawless it amazes me that I can drive it every day in traffic with the AC in the desert heat.

I talked to Glen at Quantum Friday about making my Gt500 a SS. He gave me a lot of information and pictures. but I would like to here from people that have the Super Snakes. What options would yall do and what do you think about your cars?

I proudly own a 08' KR however the 09' S.S. will be one rare care indeed, as they only made 3,000 GT500 and with 746 of them being GT500KR'S that will be the lowest production on the Super Snake thus far.

That only leaves 2,254 cars and who knows how many will be made into the S.S., if I had to do it all over again I would get a 09' GT500 in Red, stripe delete, no nav car and have it Snaked with the 605 hp version as the warranty is a must in my opinion as not all of us have a dealership at our disposal to do the work, ha ha.

I love my KR but after seeing the Morris ryde in person the KR honestly can hold a candle to the raw aggressive stance that the snake has, I was floored when I saw it. The KR is amazing, elegant and has pleanty of power and I love it, but damn that Super Snake has a bad attitude and screams get the F==K out of my way.

KR price compared to the S.S. price is the same as you get ALOT more with the S.S.

Amazing in person as pictures simply don't do them justice.

Get your GT500 Snaked as you will shit your pants when you see it, and send it to Vegas for the work as in my opinion it adds a personal touch to it beings it is SAI HQ. The KR was built there and my car was in impecable when it arrived home so yo know that your car will be well cared for.

I'm sure that anyplace affilliated with SAI well be outstanding though.

Good luck and enjoy it.

post-20972-1241397969_thumb.jpg

post-20972-1241397969_thumb.jpg

Thanks for all the information. Looks like everyone likes and enjoys driving their Super Snakes. I juess I will probably get with Glenn about a deposit for mine.

Guy

Let me add..... I had my car done at Quantum and the service is Outstanding.......... Of course the "Super Snake" is AWESOME....... :-) :dance:

We had a lot of additional mods done including the cooling package, a definate must.

Aggie

Thanks for everyones input. I think I'll get with Glenn tommorow to arange to get mine Snaked. Polished KB 725 HP, FRPP suspension, Ford Racing Coil covers, 3" pulley, Rear Control Arm Set, Shelby Super Cooling System Upgrade, Red Calipers, and Quarter-Window Scoops.

Guy

Thanks for everyones input. I think I'll get with Glenn tommorow to arange to get mine Snaked. Polished KB 725 HP, FRPP suspension, Ford Racing Coil covers, 3" pulley, Rear Control Arm Set, Shelby Super Cooling System Upgrade, Red Calipers, and Quarter-Window Scoops.

Guy

Great choice, you'll love it.

I went with the polished and have a white car too....man, it pops when you open the hood. I also went with the Eibach and have had no problems what so ever. I have put several thousand miles on it with not one issue. I think the Eibach offers more as you can adjust it if needed. Just my opinion. Good luck either way as there is no better bang for the buck than a Super Snake.

polished.JPG

Archived