TEAM SHELBY FORUM

19 INCH OR 20 INCH wheels-on my new 09 500?? Need your HELP, PLease......thanks :)

First, let me say I've searched, but still need some input

I also know the issue with NO D/R's avail for 19" wheels :cry:

My car is lowered with the FRPP kit

Okay, here we go...

I was looking into 19's .. 275 with 305's-rear.. What I found is a smaller overall diameter tire for the rear /approx 26.2 inches tall. :banghead: I know the OEM 's are 27 inch, with a 4.5 sidewall.. I don't want to run 295's since I can get the 305's to fit :) And I'm talking TOYO T1R's (width 12.3") I'll run D/R's on 18 " wheels when I play at the track. So I'm a little turned off with the smaller "height" tire (the rear sits just right now, don't want to open that up any more).....which leads me to the next scenario

So now If I go 20" same 275/305

The 305/30/20 would now be 27.2" tall, great I think. Do I run a taller tire in the front, i.e. 275/35 (27.6 O/D) OR 275/30 (26.6) the sidewall is my biggest question mark?????. I know the 35's would have 3.8" s/w and the 30's a 3.2" s/w. I don't want that rubber band look. :cry: The rear 305/30's would have a 3.6" s/w

What to do?

Recap- Taller tire up front, more sidewall or shorter tire with less sidewall????? I diff will run the 305/30/20 rear since 19's are too short, i.e. 26.2"...by the way Nitto Invo makes an awesome tire-had them on my other ride

Thanks for reading................

Okay, here we go...

I was looking into 19's .. 275 with 305's-rear.. What I found is a smaller overall diameter tire for the rear /approx 26.2 inches tall. :banghead: I know the OEM 's are 27 inch, with a 4.5 sidewall.. I don't want to run 295's since I can get the 305's to fit :) And I'm talking TOYO T1R's (width 12.3") I'll run D/R's on 18 " wheels when I play at the track. So I'm a little turned off with the smaller "height" tire (the rear sits just right now, don't want to open that up any more).....which leads me to the next scenario

The 305/30/20 would now be 27.2" tall, great I think. Do I run a taller tire in the front, i.e. 275/35 (27.6 O/D) OR 275/30 (26.6) the sidewall is my biggest question mark?????. I know the 35's would have 3.8" s/w and the 30's a 3.2" s/w. I don't want that rubber band look. :cry: The rear 305/30's would have a 3.6" s/w

What to do?

Recap- Taller tire up front, more sidewall or shorter tire with less sidewall????? I diff will run the 305/30/20 rear since 19's are too short, i.e. 26.2"...by the way Nitto Invo makes an awesome tire-had them on my other ride

If you have any pics of your tire/wheel set-up,that would be great too!

Another option is using a T1R 255 35 20 in the front @27". That is what I'm using with a T1R 305 30 20 in the rear at 27.2".

Thats a good point! I was also thinking keeping a closer match millimeters, and since she so front heavy, more of a platform on the ground with the 9.5" width wheel

Do you have any pics of your set-up?

I still haven't decided on wheels as of yet

thanks!

Thats a good point! I was also thinking keeping a closer match millimeters, and since she so front heavy, more of a platform on the ground with the 9.5" width wheel

Do you have any pics of your set-up?

I still haven't decided on wheels as of yet

thanks!

anyone else...you all have to be running something other then OEM....lol

Hijack:

What kind of window covers are those^?

On the wheels, I'm running stock, which will look fine once the car gets lowered. With larger wheels - IMO - you're just adding weight.

window scoops look like Cervini or Shelby

as for the weight--who cares--shes a tank anyway---give her some bling if you have

the $$$$$ IMO.....AND she'll still run low 11's..at least my set-up will;)

With larger wheels - IMO - you're just adding weight.

Not necessarily. With my 20's: 20x9.5 and 20x11.0

Front wheel and tire is 3lbs lighter than the stock wheel and tire.

Rear wheel and tire is 0.5 lbs heavier than the stock combination. A Fair trade for the extra 1.5" in width.

It's been raining for the last week so I only have the crappy Iphone photos:

3496413805_f835b5eee3_b.jpg

Not necessarily. With my 20's: 20x9.5 and 20x11.0

Front wheel and tire is 3lbs lighter than the stock wheel and tire.

Rear wheel and tire is 0.5 lbs heavier than the stock combination. A Fair trade for the extra 1.5" in width.

It's been raining for the last week so I only have the crappy Iphone photos:

3496413805_f835b5eee3_b.jpg

What kind of wheels are those?

Also what is the weight of the Boze Tach wheels?

rlhay2......what size tire are you running on the rear??

305/30-20 Toyo T1R tires on the rear

also, did you have to do any mods to make the rear tires and/or 11" wheels fit??

And adjustable panhard bar or Watts link would be a good choice.

Lastly, what backspacing are the 11" wheels?

I don't know the backspacing but the wheels have a +58mm offset. Hope this helps.

As you can see from my signature, I am running Shelby Alcoa 20X9 front with 25535ZR20 and 20X10 rear with 29535ZR20's. No rubbing at all with adjustible Maximum Motorsports panhard bar. Tires are Nitto Invo's which I just love and use on all my performance cars of my own and my customer's cars.

Alex

Okay, here we go...

What to do?

Go for the bling!!

You can always make up the lost power and then some with a CAI, pulley and tune.

Jim

Archived