TEAM SHELBY FORUM

still waiting on a hood...

Well, my car has hit the 9 week point at SAI. I got word from Cynthia that they are still waiting on the hood. Not sure if it is the paint shop being behind or if the hoods are backordered.

Anyone else out there in the same situation?

Well, my car has hit the 9 week point at SAI. I got word from Cynthia that they are still waiting on the hood. Not sure if it is the paint shop being behind or if the hoods are backordered.

Yes Mine has been out there sence feb 18. Not sure what the hould up is.

my car has been there for 9 weeks also. i talked to Kam the other day he told me they were starting to get hoods and finishing up orders.

shouldn't be to much longer now (fingers crossed). :lurk: I miss my car :cry:

Mine has been there since Feb 2nd. On April 7th I got the email that several upgrades were now being made available and I asked for most of them to be put on my car. On April 8th, I was told my car was done except for the hood and the additional mods could not be installed. A couple of days later that decision got turned around and they said they will put the mods on my car and it would be late May/early June b4 I get my car back. There definately was a problem with the hoods in early april, don't know about now.

Mine has been there since Feb 2nd. On April 7th I got the email that several upgrades were now being made available and I asked for most of them to be put on my car. On April 8th, I was told my car was done except for the hood and the additional mods could not be installed. A couple of days later that decision got turned around and they said they will put the mods on my car and it would be late May/early June b4 I get my car back. There definately was a problem with the hoods in early april, don't know about now.

I got an e-mail from Bud a few weeks ago that the hoods were there but the paint shop was behind. Not sure what the story is, I would figure they could get them prepped and painted pretty quickly. I thought about the upgrades as well but want my car back so I will hold off.

Hopefully this is the week we all get the call. Summer is coming...

Mine was dropped off on March 2nd I did add one upgrade the cooling system so i hope it will be done soon i asked the other day for estimate it it might be finished no answer yet

My car also arrived at SAI on March 2nd. I have been corresponding with both Cynthia and Kam but neither have been able to tell me if when my car was actually started, and if it's still is on track for a 9 week completion. After daily reads on this forum, I'm beginning to assume my car is waitng for a hood too.

If anyone out there is planning on going to SAI soon and could check on the status of my car (08SS0719), I would be very appreciative. Good luck to everyone else waiting.

PS- I'll be selling my take off parts CHEAP. If anyone in the Las Vegas area is interested and would like to meet me at SAI when I pick up my car, PM me.

If anyone out there is planning on going to SAI soon and could check on the status of my car (08SS0719), I would be very appreciative. Good luck to everyone else waiting.

PS- I'll be selling my take off parts CHEAP. If anyone in the Las Vegas area is interested and would like to meet me at SAI when I pick up may car, PM me.

i was in Vegas recently ant tried to get an update on my car, even paid my balance, with no luck. they will not give updates for some reason.

Don't feel too bad. I passed week 14 last Tuesday and I'm still waiting. Car was being detailed at the end of last week and goes through "inspections" next. I should be getting "the call" later this week from what I was told.

The hold up has been in the painting department from what I understood. I also added the interior upgrade package, so I figure that added a week or two waiting for the seating skins to arrive at SAI.

I think the have a lot of cars in Vegas right now and with the release of some of the new options, seems like things got a bit squirly. Maybe called in too many cars at one time??? Just my opinion.

This is definitely getting frustrating! Not sure why their policy is to not keep customers informed or updated on their cars status, especially when we are dumping $30K for the upgrade.

I think the hood issue is bigger than the paint shop. They got a new hood supplier so maybe there are some problems with the fit and finish. The pick-up stories sure are limited as well.

Hope we all get our cars back soon, summer is right around the corner!

Glad I changed my mind and decided to take my car to Quantum. Car was dropped off at Quantum at the end of Jan. we went out there to pick her up on March 17th. We even had some addition mods done to the car. Josh kept me posted and sent me pictures every step of her process.

Aggie

Hey I was wondering if anyone has a car still out there that was delivered in February?

Hey I was wondering if anyone has a car still out there that was delivered in February?

My car was delivered February 28th but I would guess I would be considered a March conversion. Trying to get an ETA from Cynthia/Bud but very hard to get. Hopefully I am done by Memorial Day.

My car was delivered February 28th but I would guess I would be considered a March conversion. Trying to get an ETA from Cynthia/Bud but very hard to get. Hopefully I am done by Memorial Day.

Don't know if this helps people gauge things, but my car arrived at SAI on January 27th and it was just finished last week. That's 14 weeks if my math is correct. I know it may have also added a couple of weeks when I ordered the interior upgrade package they made available.

Flying out there tomorrow night and get to see the car for the first time on Wednesday morning!

Don't know if this helps people gauge things, but my car arrived at SAI on January 27th and it was just finished last week. That's 14 weeks if my math is correct. I know it may have also added a couple of weeks when I ordered the interior upgrade package they made available.

Flying out there tomorrow night and get to see the car for the first time on Wednesday morning!

happy%20feet.gif Congrats. Your in for a sleepless Tuesday night.

Good to know, thanks for the update. I was thinking about doing the cooling package but I want my car back so bad I will wait and put it on at a later date. Plus I will not be "tracking" my car as knowing myself I would probably wreck it so I want to see how it does with the stock equipment. One reply said he drives his everyday in the Vegas heat and hasn't had any problems. I would think the car would be adequate stock if you weren't into the supercharger all the time.

Enjoy picking your car up and please post a pick up story. It has been a while since we have had one. I plan on bringing a camera and video recorder when I pick mine up. Man I hope it is soon....

I'm not sure I understand why some of you guys are not taking your cars to the other mod shops. I hear Quantum and Tasca offer outstanding customer service and attention to detail. I had an awesome experience with the guys over at Quantum. Had the SS package done along with some other mods. They treated my car like a king and I received it back in "5 WEEKS"! I'm already enjoying my car........

Just thot I would throw that out there......

Aggie

Mine was dropped off on march ND i did add one upgrade the cooling system so i hope it will be done soon i asked the other day for estimate it it might be finished no answer yet

Mine was dropped off March second also. Were they on the same truck?

I'm not sure I understand why some of you guys are not taking your cars to the other mod shops. I hear Quantum and Tasca offer outstanding customer service and attention to detail. I had an awesome experience with the guys over at Quantum. Had the SS package done along with some other mods. They treated my car like a king and I received it back in "5 WEEKS"! I'm already enjoying my car........

Just thot I would throw that out there......

Aggie

if i where to do it again i wouldn't bring it to SAI. the lack of customer service is kinda insulting. when you drop 35K, you should be able to get an update as to when is will be finished or what still needs to be done! especially after it's past the time they said it would take. so common guy's and gal's at SAI how about an update? PLEASE, please let us know what the hold up is and when i can arrange to have my car shipped home.

:bowdown:

if i where to do it again i wouldn't bring it to SIA. the lack of customer service is kinda insulting. when you drop 35K, you should be able to get an update as to when is will be finished or what still needs to be done! especially after it's past the time they said it would take. so common guy's and gal's at SIA how about an update? PLEASE, please let us know what the hold up is and when i can arrange to have my car shipped home. :bowdown:

Also, I would like to add...... I received updates and "PICTURES"..........

Aggie

Computers, is that the answer....Why doesn't SAI put the cars into their computers once the car reaches the lot? Then log the car in again once it reaches the "conversion" process?? It seems to me that they must be using some kind of system to keep the cars in order from the time they arrived for the conversion; so they must know where they are in the process of the cars being converted. Right....So why not tell us, the customers who have ponied up all this cash? No pun intended :doh: Even if the cars in the lot are in the order that they were dropped off, wouldn't they still be able to tell at least what week they were at in terms of when the car was dropped at SAI? For instance the week of JAN 27. Believe me I hate to bitch but after exhausting all possibilities calling and emailing SAI; it's just frustrating to think that they did not anticipate that the customers who payed tall cash would want to know about when they may get their cars? Or have specific questions about their cars during the process? I understand that things like losing the power in the paint shop will set things back and you cannot control everything....But just a tiny bit of info would be nice. Why the complete "silence" at SAI on this subject?? :banghead: But in the long-run when the car is done we will be the happiest people in our respective cities!! :shift:

:lurk: I got an email from Kam today, saying that my car is still waiting for a hood, and its lookin like the end of may for completion.

When was your car delivered to SAI? I just got word from Bud yesterday that he saw my car in the shop and it had a hood on it. The ETA they gave me was "not too much longer" which I hope means by next week. Trying to plan our trip down there to pick the car up is tough with two little kids in the mix. The not knowing what stage the car is in is the hardest part of this process by far. I wish things were different but they are what they are, I guess...

Anyway, I hope your car is completed soon. Mine was delivered on 2/28 so work most likely began the first of March. Can't wait to drive "my prescious" back to Bend, Oregon!

When was your car delivered to SAI? I just got word from Bud yesterday that he saw my car in the shop and it had a hood on it. The ETA they gave me was "not too much longer" which I hope means by next week. Trying to plan our trip down there to pick the car up is tough with two little kids in the mix. The not knowing what stage the car is in is the hardest part of this process by far. I wish things were different but they are what they are, I guess...

Anyway, I hope your car is completed soon. Mine was delivered on 2/28 so work most likely began the first of March. Can't wait to drive "my prescious" back to Bend, Oregon!

My car arrived at SAI on March 4th.

"Not to much longer" is kind of vague don't you think? Why do they feel like they have to keep us in the dark? I got the looks like the end of the month line. vague answers is all it seems anyone can get right now. I too need to plan around picking up the car. it seems like it would not be too hard for a company like SAI to give you 2 weeks notice so you can make arrangements.

My car arrived at SAI on March 4th.

"Not to much longer" is kind of vague don't you think? Why do they feel like they have to keep us in the dark? I got the looks like the end of the month line. vague answers is all it seems anyone can get right now. I too need to plan around picking up the car. it seems like it would not be too hard for a company like SAI to give you 2 weeks notice so you can make arrangements.

Have you tried e-mailing Bud? He has always gotten back to me. I know he is hammertime busy so sometimes it takes a day. I got an update that my hood and stripes are on and all I have left is a test drive and quality control. Kam has also been helpful. I just received a call about my jacket order. Steve told me they ran into some parts supply problems with the hoods as well as blew a power panel in the paint shop so that set production back.

Trust me, I am not the most patient person but I know the wait is going to be worth it. I too wish they could give us more of a timeline of when they feel the car may be completed but I think it is hard for them to predict depending on so many things. I do know they now have hoods and the paint shop is running full steam ahead so I would bet your car will be ready shortly.

The post concerning rides to and from SAI had some good comments from both parties. However, in talking with the people there that I have I KNOW they care a great deal about their customers and their products. I don't think Carrol will want his name on anything that isn't quality. If you talk to anyone or read their reviews of the Super Snake they all love them and wouldn't trade them for anything. I know you and I will be in that position as well...

Archived