TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Black Shelby Mesh Grille

I recently received Shelby's new-ish black mesh upper grille.

See:

http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/Show...h%20Grille.aspx

In between today's frequent showers, I swapped it out with the original SGT grille.

Probably won't be to a lot of folks' taste, but I'm a big fan of the understated, blacked-out look. Performance guys might be interested from the weight standpoint (can't tell you the poundage difference, but it is excetionally light) as well as the full, unobstructed opening to the radiator.

I was able to snap these just before the next downpour, hence they are a bit dark.

SGTMeshLFQ.jpg

SGTMeshHeadON.jpg

Kevin

See:

In between today's frequent showers, I swapped it out with the original SGT grille.

Probably won't be to a lot of folks' taste, but I'm a big fan of the understated, blacked-out look. Performance guys might be interested from the weight standpoint (can't tell you the poundage difference, but it is excetionally light) as well as the full, unobstructed opening to the radiator.

I was able to snap these just before the next downpour, hence they are a bit dark.

SGTMeshLFQ.jpg

SGTMeshHeadON.jpg

Kevin

I like it, it is something I have thought about doing with a blacked out billet grille!

See:

SGTMeshLFQ.jpg

SGTMeshHeadON.jpg

Kevin

Looks great from a fellow BK GT as long as you like who cares what everyone thinks. Thats what makes us stand out from the rest !!!

Remember what they say once you black you never go back !!!!! :drool::hysterical:

Where did you get those lower scoops ???? P.M me with info please

Anthony

post-18733-1241230990_thumb.jpg

post-18733-1241230990_thumb.jpg

I think it looks great, I like the "black car" syndrome. But I don't like washing it all the time!

hmmm, wonder if you can affix the S H E L B Y letters to it like on the CS grille??????

Dunno, but I do have the lettering kit in storage and will give it a mockup-try in the next few days.

I am not optimistic, though - the mesh openings are relatively small and so numerous along any particular line that the likelihood of them lining up to accomodate the fixed-space lettering is unlikely.

Kevin

Kevin, I thought you were going with the CS6 grille??!!

Me too! :headscratch:

Still undecided which way to go ultimately....but at least I won't have a hole in front of the SGT if I decide to wrestle with the CS6 grille.

Kevin

Here's the emblem that I was planning on using with the mesh grille (not the CS6 one). It is adhesive backed, and I would put in on the center, left portion. It is about 3.5" long, part number S9MS-16229-A.

108586.jpg

That is a definite possibility...gotta go look that up.

Thanks.

Kevin

I think it looks good - and probably looks better on a black car than the white or blue.

• 3 weeks later...

I think it looks great. I have never been much of a chrome fan. I have always liked the blacked out look better.

Question: Has anyone painted the stock GT grill black? My 08 probably sat for a long time on the dealer lot, and the chrome paint on the grill looks pretty dull. Even rubbing/polishing compound haven't improved the looks all that much I have been contemplating painting it black.

If so, any pictures to show?

Question: Has anyone painted the stock GT grill black? My 08 probably sat for a long time on the dealer lot, and the chrome paint on the grill looks pretty dull. Even rubbing/polishing compound haven't improved the looks all that much I have been contemplating painting it black.

If so, any pictures to show?

Not sure about painting the stock SGT grille black, but this is how the Shelby black billet grille looks. "Louie 428"

was kind enough to post a photo of his when I asked about them a few months ago.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...ck+upper+grille

Kevin

• 9 months later...

I love the black on black look. I was thinking of having my stock SGT grill and the lower grill powdercoated black. I want to buy the Shelby letters that you get with the CS6 grill but according to Kameron at Shelby they are not available?

Here's the emblem that I was planning on using with the mesh grille (not the CS6 one). It is adhesive backed, and I would put in on the center, left portion. It is about 3.5" long, part number S9MS-16229-A.

108586.jpg

great choice!

IMG_2699.jpg

this mesh grill looks very promising; it appears to be as deeply set as the bullitt grill (i love the deep setting of the bullitt grill) and it also looks like it has a frame that would be perfect for the chrome molding off the bullitt grill...

Is there a matching lower grill of this for the GT like there is for the billet? headscratch.gif

I saw one in a SGT and was told that it was a GT-H lower grill. It was previously offerred through SPP but I believe now it's back in the SA store.

John

• 2 weeks later...

Dunno, but I do have the lettering kit in storage and will give it a mockup-try in the next few days.

I am not optimistic, though - the mesh openings are relatively small and so numerous along any particular line that the likelihood of them lining up to accomodate the fixed-space lettering is unlikely.

Kevin

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Laser level is your friend. - Doc

Archived