TEAM SHELBY FORUM

my car show display poster

kahmann

I got this idea from HORSBYT awhile back after looking at the car show display he made with all of his mods included. I thought it was a great idea to have some info on the car available, whenever I'm showing it. I tried to simulate a flashy movie promo poster for mine and I think it turned out pretty well. The 'credits' at the bottom are actually all of my mods. That list needs to be updated a bit, but everything else is pretty much done. Let me know what you guys think!

Ken

EDIT: I'm offering to make a similar poster for anyone else that wants one. PM me or post in this thread to set it up.

ShelbyGTPoster-SAMPLE.jpg

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I got this idea from HORSBYT awhile back after looking at the car show display he made with all of his mods included. I thought it was a great idea to have some info on the car available, whenever I'm showing it. I tried to simulate a flashy movie promo poster for mine and I think it turned out pretty well. The 'credits' at the bottom are actually all of my mods. That list needs to be updated a bit, but everything else is pretty much done. Let me know what you guys think!

Ken

ShelbyCarPoster.jpg

Sweet! nice job, I love the movie poster idea. I want to make up something for my car as well but the mods just never seem to end.

Ken

ShelbyCarPoster.jpg

That's awesome! I love it!

Jer

Looks awsome...Looks like you found a way to make some money here..Hint..hint

I'd pay to have mine done!

Jer

Looks awsome...Looks like you found a way to make some money here..Hint..hint

Hmm.. I didn't really think of that, but you might be right! I'm open to suggestion on that.

Looks good!

How big is it? How much did it cost? Do you have a stand for it too?

Thanks Jeff, it's 1350x2000 pixels. The file itself worked out to be about 1 1/4 MB. I'm not sure what size I'll print it at, but I can go pretty big without any pixelation, due to the very high resolution of the jpeg.

It didn't cost anything, I made it myself.

I don't have a stand for it yet, but I've been looking for ideas everywhere. If anyone has a good source, I'd love to hear about it. Thanks again for all the great reviews on my 1st draft. :)

Ken

EDIT: The file you guys are seeing is a shrunk copy of my final file, just to reduce load time.

Hmm.. I didn't really think of that, but you might be right! I'm open to suggestion on that.

Thanks Jeff, it's 1350x2000 pixels. The file itself worked out to be about 1 1/4 MB. I'm not sure what size I'll print it at, but I can go pretty big without any pixelation, due to the very high resolution of the jpeg.

It didn't cost anything, I made it myself. It took me 5 or 6 total hours to make.

I don't have a stand for it yet, but I've been looking for ideas everywhere. If anyone has a good source, I'd love to hear about it. Thanks again for all the great reviews on my 1st draft. :)

Ken

EDIT: The file you guys are seeing is a shrunk copy of my final file, just to reduce load time.

Nice!

I would change the font to the Myraid font.

It didn't cost anything, I made it myself. It took me 5 or 6 total hours to make.

Ken

I am artistic, but dont have the time. I think most people like me would pay to have a custom display done. You would request the pictures that they want, ask for mods info, etc and then make a custom display, get it printed on those display boards and shipped. Customer would pay for all that...add your time. Would be a nice extra income that you can advertise on ALL car boards..not just Ford. I would pay. I can be your first...PAY PAL transactions

Nice!

Good idea

I am artistic, but dont have the time. I think most people like me would pay to have a custom display done. You would request the pictures that they want, ask for mods info, etc and then make a custom display, get it printed on those display boards and shipped. Customer would pay for all that...add your time. Would be a nice extra income that you can advertise on ALL car boards..not just Ford. I would pay. I can be your first...PAY PAL transactions

Let's give it a shot. PM me your email address and we can get started.

Ken

• 2 weeks later...
I had Ken make me a Poster. he does a good job and at a low cost. I am trying to convince him start a graphic design business.

Thanks for the idea Louis and for being the first guy to have one made! I'm really glad that you like it. Again, if you ever need any changes made, just let me know and I'll take care of it asap.

If anyone else is interested in getting one made, just post here and/or send me a PM.

Ken

p.s. Thanks for adding the copyright ;)

Nice!

That's a good idea Jeff. I can customize the poster to match any owner's expectation. I'll definitely give the myraid font a shot on my own.

Ken

Archived