TEAM SHELBY FORUM

my car show display poster

kahmann

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Still waiting on my Myriad font version!

:lurk:

Hey Jeff sorry for the delay man. I can't find the font anywhere for a PC, except for on sites where you can buy the font.

That font seems to be going for around $50. If you can find it for free or know of a way to transfer your Mac font to one readable on a PC, I can get started on your poster! :)

Ken

Hey Jeff sorry for the delay man. I can't find the font anywhere for a PC, except for on sites where you can buy the font.

That font seems to be going for around $50. If you can find it for free or know of a way to transfer your Mac font to one readable on a PC, I can get started on your poster! :)

Ken

Buy the font, seems like a good investment. :poke: I'll look for a free version for pc. I found it free for my mac. "Airal" font is close too, but you have to "free transform" it and compress it and use skew to get your italic.

Hey what program are you using? If it's photoshop, I've got some good .psd files I should email ya.

Buy the font, seems like a good investment. :poke: I'll look for a free version for pc. I found it free for my mac. "Airal" font is close too, but you have to "free transform" it and compress it and use skew to get your italic.

Hey what program are you using? If it's photoshop, I've got some good .psd files I should email ya.

Yes sir, photoshop along with illustrator are my main tools. I may have just gotten hooked up with the Myriad font! :happy feet:

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Wow, I really like that design, very cool idea. Great job Ken!

Yea, Kens idea was great! I sent him jpg's of my Window Sticker and Shelby Certificate to integrate into my poster. This way I did not have to carry them along with me. I just figured if they are on the poster then I am all set. Kens idea I feel was awesome, I love the billboard concept for those. Talented dude!

Yes sir, photoshop along with illustrator are my main tools. I may have just gotten hooked up with the Myriad font! :happy feet:

For some reason I thought that both TrueType and OpenType font formats worked on both Mac and PC platforms.

In the event that you have not yet solved the font issue, have you tried installing the "Mac" version of the font(s) on the PC? It may just work.

Just drag them into the Windows system fonts folder and see what happens.

-Pockdog

Hey guys thanks a lot - I'm glad you like the poster I did for Rich! His idea of incorporating the window sticker and cert had me stumped for a couple of days straight, but I think it turned out pretty cool.

Pockdog, I haven't tried using the Mac version yet, but I'll give it a shot and let ya know how it goes. Thanks

Ken

wow, that's good :drool: how much would you charge to put one together for my CSX?

Thanks Paul!

I'm charging a $50 flat design fee, regardless of how many days it takes me to create the poster.

You don't pay until you're 100% happy with the final draft. I also offer to print locally and ship for the cost of materials plus freight, if you don't have a decent print shop nearby.

If you want me to get started, just email as many high res photos as you'd like to send to ken_ahmann@yahoo.com, along with any other specific info you want me to include in the design and any specific direction you want me to go in. I can get started right away and have something done by Monday or Tuesday, if you'd like, just let me know!

Here is a pic of my poster Ken made now that I had it printed, mounted, and laminated.

dscn1096a.jpg

Also a pic of my car, just got done doing a 2 day detail. I jacked it up and washed the suspension, inside of the wheels, changed back to my stock brakes before a couple of long road trips. My CarboTech pads are awesome, but they make some serious dust. Racing time is over for the year for me, so back to a lil cleaner pad for now. I did all this detail work to help take my mind off the latest event in my life with my buddy!

dscn1101a.jpg

I got this idea from HORSBYT awhile back after looking at the car show display he made with all of his mods included. I thought it was a great idea to have some info on the car available, whenever I'm showing it. I tried to simulate a flashy movie promo poster for mine and I think it turned out pretty well. The 'credits' at the bottom are actually all of my mods. That list needs to be updated a bit, but everything else is pretty much done. Let me know what you guys think!

Ken

EDIT: I'm offering to make a similar poster for anyone else that wants one. PM me or post in this thread to set it up.

ShelbyGTPoster-SAMPLE.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ken,

Did you ever get the font?

I have it and Adobe CS 5 on my Mac...at worse case can you send me the final file to change? Or maybe I can send you some type in a format that can be layered on top?

Thanks!

-Jeff

No sir, still haven't gotten it to work. I tried again with the Mac file, but no dice.

We can definitely work something out though, so send me a PM when you're ready.

I've made a couple of new posters in the passed couple weeks, but I'll only show Paul's, since the others are pending approval.

cobraposter.jpg

Ken,

Did you get the email I sent you a couple of weeks ago about the fonts and instructions for loading onto a PC ?

Don

Hey Don sorry I didn't respond to your email, but I've been moving to a new place and don't have net set up yet.

Anyway, yeah I did try that and I still couldn't get it to work. I don't know if it's just me or if it's the file or what.

Once I'm settled, I'll give it another shot. Thanks for sending the instruction though, I appreciate the help man.

quote name='kahmann' date='09 September 2010 - 01:21 PM' timestamp='1284063663' post='1031807']

My latest creation

dc92ev.jpg

Ahh... so he's the one that got "SHELBY" on the California license plate. I've always wondered who had it!

-Pockdog

Archived