TEAM SHELBY FORUM

my car show display poster

kahmann

Ken, that looks absouluty awesome! I'd like to get on the list but need to wait a while...I think I'm about ready to pull the trigger on some heavy modding! I need to decide on this and get this completed so I'll know what all mods....thanks, :happy feet: Craig

Thanks a lot Craig! If you want to start on this now, let me know. I'll always change the poster to reflect mod changes for free. It's no sweat either way.

Ken

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ok ken the free updates sold me let me know what you need and how much and i would love to have one.

Good deal greaser. It's pretty easy. I just need a batch of photos you'd like to use (the more the better, so I have a good variety of angles), the list of mods you'd like included, and any other specific info you want or don't want on your poster. I'll PM my email address to you now.

Nice job Ken, you may have a new business on your hands. Lets talk about doing something for my Shelbys when we meet at Robs on the 30th.

Dan

Sounds good Dan, I look forward to meeting you and your cars in WA! :)

Ken

Ken,

I'm sending you a P.M. I want one of these as well!

Also, may want to look at http://produxcompany.com/display_stands.php for a neat display stand.

This is light weight, they recommend sand or marbles in the base (has a hole used to fill), however, I use water. I fill-up two 2-litre bottle of water and take with me to a show. Once at the show site, I fill the base to provide stability. Near end of show, I start draining the water out. If no wind, can use stand without filling base with water.

Ken,

I'm sending you a P.M. I want one of these as well!

Also, may want to look at http://produxcompany.com/display_stands.php for a neat display stand.

This is light weight, they recommend sand or marbles in the base (has a hole used to fill), however, I use water. I fill-up two 2-litre bottle of water and take with me to a show. Once at the show site, I fill the base to provide stability. Near end of show, I start draining the water out. If no wind, can use stand without filling base with water.

Thanks for the link that's just about perfect for what I'm making! I'll check the PM's now. Thanks for the great response guys.

Ken

Love it except for the bullet holes, at least that's what I think they are. Very nicely done though.

I took your advice by the way and got rid of the holes or splatter marks or whatever they were. ;)

I think it cleaned it up. I'm done monkeying with it for awhile.

Ken

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't ordered a stand yet, but here's a shot of what the printed version of the poster looks like.

I snapped it while at Grabber's big event a week and a half ago. Anyway, some of you that have contacted me have asked to see what it looks like printed. The resolution couldn't be crisper. I had it printed to a foam-core board with a 'luster' finish (midway between gloss and matte). This one is about 30" x 20".

On a related note, now that I've made a couple, I've got a much much simpler pricing scale setup. It's a lower, flat fee now, for anyone that's still interested. :)

Ken

DSC05845.jpg

Ken,

You did an awesome job on those posters!!!!

Gary

Exceptional! Well Done!

Thanks a lot guys! :)

Ken,

I am also interested a poster for an 07SS. Can I get a list of styles, sizes and prices, etc?

Thanks,

Gary

Hey Gary thanks for the interest. I'll shoot you a PM about this now.

Ken

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Here's the most recent incarnation of my car show display poster. If anyone else is interested in having one made for their car, send me a PM.

Ken

KensMustangPoster2.jpg

Love it I sent you a PM, really intrested in getting one maid, your work is awesome!!

PJ

Here's the most recent incarnation of my car show display poster. If anyone else is interested in having one made for their car, send me a PM.

Ken

KensMustangPoster2.jpg

Love it I sent you a PM, really intrested in getting one made, your work is awesome!!

PJ

Very Nice Ken!

Why no Myraid font though?

:-(

Thanks Jeff! As for the font, I totally forgot about it. I'll test it out asap.

Love it I sent you a PM, really intrested in getting one maid, your work is awesome!!

PJ

Right on PJ, thanks a lot man. I'll get back to you right away.

Ken

Ken if you can work out the font I would be interested in getting a quote!

Hey Jeff I'm having trouble tracking the font down. Do you have it?

Kahmann - Great job and idea for the poster. I love it.

Thanks man! Let me know if you'd like to get one for your 2010. ;)

Ken

I got this idea from HORSBYT awhile back after looking at the car show display he made with all of his mods included. I thought it was a great idea to have some info on the car available, whenever I'm showing it. I tried to simulate a flashy movie promo poster for mine and I think it turned out pretty well. The 'credits' at the bottom are actually all of my mods. That list needs to be updated a bit, but everything else is pretty much done. Let me know what you guys think!

Ken

EDIT: I'm offering to make a similar poster for anyone else that wants one. PM me or post in this thread to set it up.

ShelbyGTPoster-SAMPLE.jpg

Can you work your magic for us GT-H people?

Flat rate of $50 for the design fee. My average labor is anywhere from 6-10 hours per poster, but one in particular took me over 20 hours of labor. The rate for him was still $50 (keeps it simple that way with no surprises for anyone).

What I need to get started:

-as many photos as you'd like to send (prefer high res shots of multiple angles)

-your modification list

-an idea of which logos you want in the corners (if any)

-any other specific info you want on the poster or any other specific direction you'd like me to go

From there, I'll create a rough draft and send it your way. You don't pay until you're completely satisfied with the final design. Typically, I run 3 or 4 different drafts through, before sending an invoice through Paypal, but I'll keep working at it till you're happy. From there, you can print the poster locally nearly as big you want it to be. The poster I'm using now is 3'x2', but I could have gone much bigger, due to the very high resolution of the file. Lastly, all future mod list changes you want made will be done free of charge, as many times as you want me to update it. If you're interested, you can start forwarding these things to my email: ken_ahmann@yahoo.com. Thanks guys!

Ken

Flat rate of $50 for the design fee. My average labor is anywhere from 6-10 hours per poster, but one in particular took me over 20 hours of labor. The rate for him was still $50 (keeps it simple that way with no surprises for anyone).

-as many photos as you'd like to send (prefer high res shots of multiple angles)

-your modification list

-any other specific info you want on the poster or any other specific direction you'd like me to go

From there, I'll create a rough draft and send it your way. You don't pay until you're completely satisfied with the final design. Typically, I run 3 or 4 different drafts through, before sending an invoice through Paypal, but I'll keep working at it till you're happy. From there, you can print the poster locally nearly as big you want it to be. The poster I'm using now is 3'x2', but I could have gone much bigger, due to the very high resolution of the file. Lastly, all future mod list changes you want made will be done free of charge, as many times as you want me to update it. If you're interested, you can start forwarding these things to my email: ken_ahmann@yahoo.com. Thanks guys!

Ken

Where is my Commision!!

08SGT0056PosterCOPY.jpg

-your modification list

Ken

Ken, interested in making one for the GTH? If so I will send you some info and pictures. My write up may require a different layout as it is focused on some history and not so much on the mods.

Where is my Commision!!

Check's in the mail Louis! ;)

Ken, interested in making one for the GTH? If so I will send you some info and pictures. My write up may require a different layout as it is focused on some history and not so much on the mods.

Yeah man absolutely. I'm ready whenever you are. As for the details on the bottom of the poster, we can make it appear however you wish. That's no problem at all.

You've got my email, so feel free to start sending pics whenever you get the chance. Thanks!

Ken

Archived