TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 GT

The rear end doesn't look as bad in person as the photos I've seen but I'm still happy I have an '09. :happy feet: I must say I like the interior better.

Well I'm sure the guys and gals buying a new 2010 will be very happy with their Mustangs, so I don't want them feeling badly about the car.

But personally seeing the pics of it made it very easy for me to go get an 08 GT500 in the late fall. The 05-09 Mustang is to me the perfect blend of retro and modern and it made me fall in love with the Mustang again.

Well I'm sure the guys and gals buying a new 2010 will be very happy with their Mustangs, so I don't want them feeling badly about the car.

But personally seeing the pics of it made it very easy for me to go get an 08 GT500 in the late fall. The 05-09 Mustang is to me the perfect blend of retro and modern and it made me fall in love with the Mustang again.

That's true - even if some of us S197 (is the new one still an S197?) owners don't care for the new styling, others will of course, especially those who plunk down the money on them. And we WANT people to do that, because it's good for both Ford and the Mustang model. We must also remember that, while some of us are old enough to appreciate the retro look, there's a large number of guys and gals out there that have never seen an LP on a turntable.

So come-on, where are those 2010 owners and members?? :happy feet:

That's true - even if some of us S197 (is the new one still an S197?) owners don't care for the new styling, others will of course, especially those who plunk down the money on them. And we WANT people to do that, because it's good for both Ford and the Mustang model. We must also remember that, while some of us are old enough to appreciate the retro look, there's a large number of guys and gals out there that have never seen an LP on a turntable.

So come-on, where are those 2010 owners and members?? :happy feet:

+1

I love the classics, that's why I own a 66 fastback. When the 05 came out, I knew I had to have the 'new' body style. It was perfect to me and still is.

After seeing the '10 up close and personal a week ago for the first time, I feel nearly the same way. It has a sleek, powerful exterior, beautiful interior, and more than a hint of the retro muscle.

I'd never trade my 08 SGT in on one, but I'd be more than happy to add the new breed of Pony to my crowded garage. :)

Ken

Kahmann, wow you're up early or up late one!! I'm heading to Starbucks for a coffee....in the STANG....

Kahmann, wow you're up early or up late one!! I'm heading to Starbucks for a coffee....in the STANG....

LOL ya man I can't sleep. I'm running on fumes after only a couple hours last night too. My baby daughter ended up in the ER last night (but is OK now thankfully) and it threw my schedule off a cliff!

Enjoy the java my man. Grab a black tea latte for me while you're there. ;)

Ken

This is a good thing for those of us that own a 05-09 and prefer this body over the 2010. We wont' feel the urge to run out and spend a lot of money on something we think we can't live without.

But for Ford, I think this widely held view (I didn't say it was a majority view) of the 2010 is not a good thing. I'm guessing a lot of mustang buyers are previous owners. Ford want the current mustang owners drooling over 2010 and a lot of us (maybe not even most) aren't.

I saw my first 2010 GT today. The front is "okay" at best. Looking at the side, I saw three body lines, NONE matched the others. There's the hockey stick shape that's all too familiar to us with 2005-2009 models, then there's the mid-body line that fades into oblivion over the rear wheel well, then re-emerges behind the wheel well, and thirdly the new "hip" line. They all look like random body lines.... not good. When I walked around to the rear, well, let me use an 80's term, "Gag me with a spoon!" That lower black plastic section is awful. Oh, and the trunk lid. It flares out at the bottom and doesn't match the contour of the brake lights. It actually looks like someone took a cro-bar (sp?) and tried to pry the trunk open and pulled the bottom out. Who designed this car? Must have been engineers and not designers. What were they thinking? I got so turned off that I didn't even bother looking at the interior.

I saw my first 2010 GT today. The front is "okay" at best. Looking at the side, I saw three body lines, NONE matched the others. There's the hockey stick shape that's all too familiar to us with 2005-2009 models, then there's the mid-body line that fades into oblivion over the rear wheel well, then re-emerges behind the wheel well, and thirdly the new "hip" line. They all look like random body lines.... not good. When I walked around to the rear, well, let me use an 80's term, "Gag me with a spoon!" That lower black plastic section is awful. Oh, and the trunk lid. It flares out at the bottom and doesn't match the contour of the brake lights. It actually looks like someone took a cro-bar (sp?) and tried to pry the trunk open and pulled the bottom out. Who designed this car? Must have been engineers and not designers. What were they thinking? I got so turned off that I didn't even bother looking at the interior.

That cro-bar comment just had me laugh so hard I woke my kid up! I thought the same thing when I saw it the first time!

The angular rear deck design just absolutely sucks. The car is starting to look like a freakin sedan when looked at directly from behind. I have to agree when some said what the heck the engineers were thinking of about the rear design. It reminds me of changing some merely for the sake of just changing it. The backend design has abolutely no where to go in the future.

I saw the 2010 several months before any one else it in front of my shop at DST, one of Ford's prototype facilities 2 blocks from my shop. I didn't like it then, and I still don't. Very nice interior, some other nice features, but a BUTT ugly rear..don't think that will grow on me or most others??....

Alex

i like the front of the 2010s but the tail lights look like they came from a honda acord (sorry but they do) but from the front they look tough as hell.

+1

I do like the interior too though...but that back end was enough to insure that I was only gonna own 05-09's for a long while.

I stopped by the dealership today and took a long hard look at the GT.....It has a good looking front end (all borrowed from the GT500) and the hood is OK. Mirrors are good to go, and then you go around back.... :nonono: :barf: I really don’t have anything new to say about it at all, but I do agree 100% that it looks like a sedan rear end. Hopefully the aftermarket vendors will be able to salvage it and make something slick, but I'm not holding my breath. I was all excited to sit and evaluate the interior, so in I went...it was OK.. :shrug: not the VAST improvement that I have been reading about... :reading: Its better, but not by much. Ford dropped the ball on the overall styling of this one, and sales WILL suffer because the new Camaro and the Challenger for that matter are good looking cars all around.

Ford dropped the ball on the overall styling of this one, and sales WILL suffer because the new Camaro and the Challenger for that matter are good looking cars all around.

It's kinda funny, The carrier that dropped the new GT off was also carring a Challenger and a Bright Yellow Camaro. Everyone in the dealership surrounded the truck. He was probably thinking, Leave me go but we wouldn't :drool:

I saw a grabber blue GT last week and the front looks fine. The rear however is another story. As for the interior, perhaps i'm the only person who prefers the 05-09 instead.

Things i like:

Steering wheel controls

Rear mounted antenna

Trunk release

Rims

...on the GT-500 I like:

3.73 gears

CAI

The thing I do not like on the GT-500 is how the hood is cut back into the body, instead of hanging over like the 07-09 GT-500's. To me, it reminds me of a Dodge Durango.

I stopped by the dealership today and took a long hard look at the GT.....It has a good looking front end (all borrowed from the GT500) and the hood is OK. Mirrors are good to go, and then you go around back.... :nonono: :barf: I really don’t have anything new to say about it at all, but I do agree 100% that it looks like a sedan rear end. Hopefully the aftermarket vendors will be able to salvage it and make something slick, but I'm not holding my breath. I was all excited to sit and evaluate the interior, so in I went...it was OK.. :shrug: not the VAST improvement that I have been reading about... :reading: Its better, but not by much. Ford dropped the ball on the overall styling of this one, and sales WILL suffer because the new Camaro and the Challenger for that matter are good looking cars all around.

I saw the new Camaro @ the Atlanta auto show and not impressed @ all. I guess because i have seen pictures over 2 years it didn't seem NEW. The car seems BIG and the interior is just plain ugly. The Challenger is dead in the water. Sure the mullets will buy some camaro's , but the Mustang will out sell like in the past.

I was sitting outside today at lunch when a 2010 'stang pulled up. I spent the next twenty minutes staring at it and I have to say it looks...weird. There are many new body lines and none of them add up to a cohesive whole. The mirror juts out at a counter-intuitive angle. The top side line is now deeper, but disappears before the rear wheel arc and then appears again behind - for no apparent reason. The front fender has a "contour" that looks like a bad stamping job.

The car smacks of having been designed on a computer without any interim clay model to work out the kinks. It lacks the simplicity of the 05-09 design which is at least cohesive. Funny thing is I thought I loved the new design - until I took some time to look at it.

The Challenger is dead in the water. Sure the mullets will buy some camaro's , but the Mustang will out sell like in the past.

mmmmm.......I don't think I will agree with that statement, but hey I was wrong once...lol. I really do think that Mustang sales will suffer in the next two years, partially because of the economy, but more so due to its unappealing lines, JMO.

:hysterical3:

I was sitting outside today at lunch when a 2010 'stang pulled up. I spent the next twenty minutes staring at it and I have to say it looks...weird.
:yup:

I do like the mirrors though, although we will see if they sour on me over time, H.

I saw a grabber blue GT with the optional black wheels @ the Ford dealer today.

Maybe the Camaro will out sell this color combo !!!

Archived