TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Whats this car worth?

Here's a brand new Hertz convertible that did not sell last week for $44,100

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=330323940719

it is back up for sale this week with a "Buy it now" of $55,000

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=330326368609

These cars are getting real cheep (and by that I mean $25k to $30k) for the used ones but most of them do have 20 to 30 thousand miles. So I ask the question, what is this brand new car worth?

Please chime in, I would like to hear your opinion.

QSS

with 30 actual miles I would guess $50 to $55 but then the owner have to keep it with only 30 miles on it for it to be worth anything

+1

It's not worth anything more, in the end, if you intend to drive it. Somewhere there may be a guy with the same car and 5K miles who intends never to drive it. Eventually you'll pass him. Now if on the other hand you just want to have a pristine car to keep and enjoy then it's value is up to you no matter how you cut it cars are a BAD investment. Having said all this, if you've wanted that car, and want one 100% original that you can maintain, the $$$ over for this isn't bad when you consider all the work and $$$ needed to return one of those 32K-38K cars to the same condition.

IMHO!

All that matters is how you feel about it...THAT in the end is what gives any car like this value.

BTW! Offer 50K he might bite! :happy feet:

Nope. No way. No how.

Never buy a car for an investment.

Not even if you were going to rack it, wrap it in bubble wrap and stand guard 24/7 to be sure nothing ever touched it. Great! It's got 30 miles. BFD. It's still a used 2007 Mustang.

Besides it did not sell for $44k and this guy is going to relist for $55k? Seriously?

Good luck to him. Hell I hope it does go for that much . I would love to see the value of these cars start to go up for a change!

My guess is that they are trying to get what they paid at auction for the car. I agree with Jeff, if you're looking for an 07 Hertz to put away in storage this one may be one to consider but if you're going to drive the car why not purchase one with say 5,000 miles and save $25,000

Steve

What I am looking for is a car like this, that has not been abused and thrashed (like alot of the rentals). I don't do the "buy it and place it in a bubble" thing. I do the "buy it, drive it and enjoy it" thing. I was only looking at this one because I didn't think it has any issues. And hey, I think cars are a great investment. I invest in my happiness as much as possible and these cars bring me a great deal of pleasure. As for the dollar side of things, well, everybody has a vice that they blow money on, mine just happens to be cars.

QSS

What I am looking for is a car like this, that has not been abused and thrashed (like alot of the rentals). I don't do the "buy it and place it in a bubble" thing. I do the "buy it, drive it and enjoy it" thing. I was only looking at this one because I didn't think it has been abused but, now that you mention the front end, the guy who owns it does own a body shop soooooo, hmmm.

QSS

QSS

I hear you on wanting a low mileage Hertz. You just have to weigh is it worth a $20-25,000 premium for this one.

There is another 07 Hertz listed on ebay in the last hour. The seller says he has five of them for sale. Might want to contact them and check how many miles each one has.

They are #'s 64, 77, 114, 241, and 475

Good luck

Steve

why pay a premium for a car that may still have issues?

I mean, if you're just going to drive it and decrease the value, it doesn't make any sense to start with this collectible. Get a used GT-H at a Ford dealership and you'll pay a little more but it might be a Certified used car and come with a warranty. I saw one a while ago for $36,000 listed price. You could probably get one today for under $30K.

Here's one with low miles:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SHELBY-GT-H...%3A1|240%3A1318

That 30 mile GT-H should go to a collector, as I've never even heard of one that was never put into the rental fleet. Or was this one first sold at Barret-Jackson?

I mean, if you're just going to drive it and decrease the value, it doesn't make any sense to start with this collectible. Get a used GT-H at a Ford dealership and you'll pay a little more but it might be a Certified used car and come with a warranty. I saw one a while ago for $36,000 listed price. You could probably get one today for under $30K.

That 30 mile GT-H should go to a collector, as I've never even heard of one that was never put into the rental fleet. Or was this one first sold at Barret-Jackson?

A friend of mine bought one that had never been rented. The Hertz franchise owner in Topeka Kansas took delivery of his 06 GTH during the summer of 06 and went to Las Vegas and picked it up and drove it back to Topeka. The Franchise owner never intended to rent it. He called the local Ford dealer to see if they wanted to buy it but they didn't offer enough. My friends son had a friend who worked at the rental agency and told him about the car and he told his Dad who worked a deal and bought it. the GTH had only 1200 miles on it all highway Las Vegas to Topeka. He still has the car and I would guess it now has about 4,000 to 5,000 miles on it now. When Hertz found out he owned the car they were a little up-set. No private owner except the one auctioned off at Air Adventure in July 06 was supposed to have one. The Franchise owner said no one told him he couldn't sell it so he did. I've ridden it once and he let me take it for a short drive.

That guy has been trying to sell those two verts since December. Maybe longer.

Concur that most cars are a terrible investment. But since this is a Shelby site there is an exception. The six Daytona Coupes were sold in 1967 ranging in prices from 4,500 to 8,000. They were beat up and just taking up space in the garage. The most rare of all the coupes, CSX2287 is on the auction block in May. It is expected to bring about 15 Million. Now that would have been an investment. I just finished reading the book by Pete Brock about the Daytona Coupe. Exceptional read.

+1

It's not worth anything more, in the end, if you intend to drive it. Somewhere there may be a guy with the same car and 5K miles who intends never to drive it. Eventually you'll pass him. Now if on the other hand you just want to have a pristine car to keep and enjoy then it's value is up to you no matter how you cut it cars are a BAD investment. Having said all this, if you've wanted that car, and want one 100% original that you can maintain, the $$$ over for this isn't bad when you consider all the work and $$$ needed to return one of those 32K-38K cars to the same condition.

IMHO!

All that matters is how you feel about it...THAT in the end is what gives any car like this value.

BTW! Offer 50K he might bite! :happy feet:

Well said Jeff-also may I add that you know this one hasn't had the crap beat out of it that most of the rental cars have.

and the 66 hertz cars didn't have the hell beat out of them. what are they worth now. reguardless of milage. they have been restored from a parts magazine? not that you are investing w/ hopes to get rich. buy one you can drive and show off.

Archived