TEAM SHELBY FORUM

aluminum flywheel "rattle"

Changed out my stock clutch for a SPEC Stage 2 and billet aluminum flywheel.........the clutch feels awesome , etc, etc - but I have this rattling sound between 1000-1250 rpm......... I wonder if the headers are hitting somewhere because of the soft stock motor mounts; could be a justification to next get a set of those pretty polyurethane ones......

tommy4toes

Changed out my stock clutch for a SPEC Stage 2 and billet aluminum flywheel.........the clutch feels awesome , etc, etc - but I have this rattling sound between 1000-1250 rpm......... I wonder if the headers are hitting somewhere because of the soft stock motor mounts; could be a justification to next get a set of those pretty polyurethane ones......

tommy4toes

how big are the headers? you need stiff mounts for longtubes or you will encounter some rubbage(and not the good kind either), never heard of them rattling though

how big are the headers? you need stiff mounts for longtubes or you will encounter some rubbage(and not the good kind either), never heard of them rattling though

the headers are pretty close to everything - i can't imagine why the clutch might make noise but I have heard of such things. Maybe it's just the exhaust.

Archived