TEAM SHELBY FORUM

iRacing.com

ilmor

Does anyone on the forum participate on iracing.com? I just joined up yesterday. I got a special deal, $25.00 for 3 months, as an AutoWeek subscriber. I tried it out a little last night. It's really cool!

www.iracing.com

edit - they will be adding the Mustang Challenge cars soon!

Does anyone on the forum participate on iracing.com? I just joined up yesterday. I got a special deal, $25.00 for 3 months, as an AutoWeek subscriber. I tried it out a little last night. It's really cool!

www.iracing.com

edit - they will be adding the Mustang Challenge cars soon!

Hey man that looks really cool! I wish they had my local track, but they do have Laguna Seca and Infineon, which are both close.

I might have to take this for a test drive. :)

Ken

Been on iracing for a couple of days now (no, not constantly :lol: ) and getting the hang of it. Except for my laptop screen being my monitor (a 20" wide screen instead would be really nice), my setup is working pretty well. I have a Bob Earl Racing seat (www.bobearlracing.com) and Logitech wheel / pedals. I was reading on the iracing forum about setups some of these guys have and they are incredible - no wonder they are kicking my butt! I see that Dale Earnhardt Jr. is actually a participant on this as well, and it currently in 3rd or 4th place out of all drivers (hundreds of drivers). My status is currently Rookie, and I've been racing at the Lowe's and Summit Point short courses. I also tried my first oval last night at Lanier Speedway in a Legends car. Those are fun, but those oval racers are a tough crowd! :shift:

• 2 weeks later...

I finished 5th in one race, but in the last one some guy wrecked me....so I gave up for the night!

• 3 months later...
I forgot about this!

I'm ready to join, I just need a wheel/pedal set. I'll look online for one now. :shift:

Ken

Ken, did you ever join and get set up?

I won my first race yesterday, at Laguna Seca!

I'm getting too intense though - last night some guy shoved me off the track and I gave him a verbal reaming - I mean, its virtual but it does get your adrenaline going!

:shift:

• 8 months later...

Read today that iracing.com will be releasing its Ford Mustang w/in a couple of months (see below) :happy feet:

I was thinking it would be fun if we had a Team Shelby iracing league, racing against each other in this series.

iracingmustang.jpg

I have looked at it. Some of those setups are INSANE! As much in their equipment as in some REAL race cars. But it does seem to be great practice.

I would love to do it, but I think the wife would divorce me. slapfight.gif

Wait, maybe if I could get my son into it, I could "help" him from time to time. hysterical.gif

The hardest part is finding the time to do it! I try to practice for each race 2 or 3 times a week, and do 1 race per week in a series at least. I've graduated up to the IndyCars in road racing, and the Nationwide cars in NASCAR (this weeks race it at Daytona).

The equipment that some guys have is amazing. Me, I use my laptop w/ a separate 24" monitor and a logitech wheel, plus I have a racing seat setup from Bob Earl Racing .

Do a YouTube search and you can see a lot of vids of the races as well as the racing equipment.

• 2 months later...

iRacing has remained a fun pass-time for me, and now they have the Mustang!! It's a lot of fun to "drive" and "race". Mine is painted to look just like my Shelby GT of course. If I can figure out a way to grab and post a pic of it I will.

In the meantime, here is a video of some iRacing Mustangs at Watkins Glen....

Archived