TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Exhaust

zeindog

I have been already looking into replacement exhaust for when my car comes in and have seen some manufactures making a 2010 specific exhaust and some listing 07-10 exhaust. Does anyone know if it has changed or are they just trying to make a little more money off the new 2010's.

I have an 10 axle back on order from my dealer. It's supposed to fit 07-09 and has different tips and a different sound than 07-09. I heard them start up the car they had down in Bradenton (Fast Ford event) and it's definitely different. Deeper tone from outside.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the '10 GT and GT500 are using the axle back off of the '09 Bullitt. The '09 Bullitt had a different exhaust note compared to the '09 GT. I was thinking they should be all the same size, but had the same questions you do. Seems like a '07 axle back would fit a '10?

If mine sounds as good as the video, I will be more than satisfied, won't need to spend any money on exhaust. So excited about the 010' short throw already there, cold air already there, tuned suspension already there I am keeping my Cobra Cover of my 09' so doesn't look like I need anything except the car, Mr. Ford please send my car!!! :cry::drool: :happy feet: :lurk:

The 2010 Shelby exhaust is not the same as the Bullitt. It is less restrictive than the Bullitt and even the 2007-2009.

I tuned the 2010 to not drone in the 1300-1800 rpm cruising region while providing a deeper note than the 2007-2009 model. It is not as aggressive as the KR (by design) but still sounds great. The tips do stick out a little farther so if that bothers you, the best remedy is to cut the tip at the muffler outlet and shorten it there and re-weld it in place.

The tuning you want is the coupe as the convertible is quieter for various reasons.

BillW

Archived