TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Would you sell a 69GT500 for 2---2007 Shelby's

BillyRay

Friends,

I,am thinking about maybe selling the 1969 Gt 500 4-speed Fastback in order to get

a new coupe and a new convertible. I,am just thinking about the deal but I,d like to see

what you guys think.

The 69 has been restored and currently is all black with black interior. Its a signed Shelby and documented car. The car has a color change from Gulf stream aqua.

No price will be said on the 69 because I might just keep the classic but I,am just running the idea past fellow owners. I know the old cars squeek ratlle etc, its like taking grandma out for a run. The opposite would be having two 500HP rocket ships in the garage with all the latest in technology.

The other side is Ohhhhhh $hit I should of kept the 69 etc or I use to have a 69 story.

Thanks for all ideas and responses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BillyRay

post-3364-1163879374_thumb.jpg

post-3364-1163879374_thumb.jpg

Friends,

I,am thinking about maybe selling the 1969 Gt 500 4-speed Fastback in order to get

a new coupe and a new convertible. I,am just thinking about the deal but I,d like to see

what you guys think.

The 69 has been restored and currently is all black with black interior. Its a signed Shelby and documented car. The car has a color change from Gulf stream aqua.

No price will be said on the 69 because I might just keep the classic but I,am just running the idea past fellow owners. I know the old cars squeek ratlle etc, its like taking grandma out for a run. The opposite would be having two 500HP rocket ships in the garage with all the latest in technology.

The other side is Ohhhhhh $hit I should of kept the 69 etc or I use to have a 69 story.

Thanks for all ideas and responses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BillyRay

What's the appraisal on the 69?

Friends,

what you guys think.

Thats a tuff one.... can't you just keep the 69 and buy one new GT500??

If not, I would sell the 69 if I could get two new GT500's in it's place at no out of pocket expense or maybe I would sell the 69 and buy one 07 coupe with money to spare for mods and a nice little savings account to boot.

The value of the '69 is going up

The value of these cars has gone way up over the last few years, however muscle cars can be a volitale market. They're not as secure as real estate. The market can bust on them. All it takes is for the popularity to dwindle. I recently read of two custom Shelby builders intentionally depleting thier supply of cars in anticipation of a dip in the market. We're due for a dip in that market. Maybe a large dip.

At my age - 56 - I'd sell and buy 2 new ones.

Also depends on your portfolio.

Old cars are not - as previously stated - as secure as real estate.

Or - which one would you rather drive? (no brainer! - I've driven a new one) :hyper:

a new coupe and a new convertible.

New Coupe and Vert aboutm 95K with no ADM, where are you going to find that pair ?

Is your 69 valued at 95K ?

I would trade straight up !

I don't know about that, I'm in the same boat, I have a 70 mach test car and a 69 mach making into a clone shelby, thinking about selling all to buy my new 08 shelby with some money down,if I can save enough no way will I sell my classic for plastic, These new cars are great and dependble but nothing like cruising an old stangs!! Mickey

As you can see there are more opinions than you can shake a stick at, I think the decision is one that only you can make. :happy feet:

Agree. Maybe I'm just in a bad mood lately, but I just don't like answering posts like this. We spill all our opinions and advice, and even if 90% of us say to do X, the person does Y anyway...I'm sorry but I'm tired of it.

Geesh I'm in a bad mood.

Dave :cry:

Agree. Maybe I'm just in a bad mood lately, but I just don't like answering posts like this. We spill all our opinions and advice, and even if 90% of us say to do X, the person does Y anyway...I'm sorry but I'm tired of it.

Then don't.

:shift:

bj

BillyRay,

What kind of club/car activities do you enjoy the most? Is your '69 a show car only? (too nice to ever drive or race). Do you enjoy that better than driving it hard? If so keep the '69.

I owned two classic '66 mustangs (1 for 35 years, was my first car). But I never enjoyed the show car circuit. I grew up watching Shelbies & cobras & 'vettes racing on the track and on (at the time) one of the last true road courses left in the country. I sold my classics for this car because my desire is to learn to race.

If you want a car to USE, sell the '69.

my 2 cents.

I don't know about that, I'm in the same boat, I have a 70 mach test car and a 69 mach making into a clone shelby, thinking about selling all to buy my new 08 shelby with some money down,if I can save enough no way will I sell my classic for plastic, These new cars are great and dependble but nothing like cruising an old stangs!! Mickey

My reference to the term league means the 69's in mint don't bring the same cash as the 68's in mint. That's what Hemmings and the auctions say. :shrug:

Geesh I'm in a bad mood.

Dave,

If it persists for more that 4 hours, see a doctor.

You knew going in that this was a side affect.

Sorry your having a hard time with this.

Rob

Archived