TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Registry change after SC.

1218shelby

Im seriously thinking of putting a Paxton Novi 2200 on my SGT. How do i go about changing the registry? or do i have to? will it add value to the car later on? thanks

Email RogerS@shelbyautos.com after you get your SGT supercharged. Roger is handling the registry for the GT/SC.

hope that helps.

If you want the Shelby Registry notation that you have a true SGT/SC, your supercharger has to be installed by SAI or an approved mod shop. Also, you only have three options right now for a supercharger. 1.) Whipple (non-intercooled) 400hp. 2.) Whipple 550HO 3.) Kenne Bell. There is not a Paxton kit available at the moment for GT/SC status. You can however purchase any kind of supercharger and the mod shops will install it, but no registry mark.

Chris

If you get your SGT upgraded to GT/SC status with a certified supercharger, are the stripe upgrades and/or emblems automatically included by the mod shop? What is included?

If you get your SGT upgraded to GT/SC status with a certified supercharger, are the stripe upgrades and/or emblems automatically included by the mod shop? What is included?

Like Chris stated earlier in the thread. . . if you have the supercharger installed at SAI-Vegas, Tasca -Rhode Island, or Quatum Performance - Texas, you get the registry check for an 'official' Shelby GT/SC and you will get the rocker stripe that says 'SHELBY GT/SC'.

If you decide to purchase your supercharger from elsewhere, have it installed elsewhere - all you've got is a supercharged Shelby GT (One Bad @$$ machine) but nothing "Official" Some have made their own rocker stripes at a graphics shop. There was mention of the registry reflecting "Owner Installed" supercharger.

I am pretty sure that there is not any changes in badging other than the rocker stripe. No faux gas cap is included, however, you can purchase one separately from SPP. The center dash plaque is not changed.

There was a discussion ongoing between Amy Boylan and those who already have 'Official' Shelby GT/SC's as to what, if any, documentation or possibly a different plaque for both under the hood and the center dash. . . But that's really about all I can say about that. I haven't really followed it, and I'm sure whatever is decided will be great anyway. I have faith in SAI.

Trevor

Like Chris stated earlier in the thread. . . if you have the supercharger installed at SAI-Vegas, Tasca -Rhode Island, or Quatum Performance - Texas, you get the registry check for an 'official' Shelby GT/SC and you will get the rocker stripe that says 'SHELBY GT/SC'.

If you decide to purchase your supercharger from elsewhere, have it installed elsewhere - all you've got is a supercharged Shelby GT (One Bad @$$ machine) but nothing "Official" Some have made their own rocker stripes at a graphics shop. There was mention of the registry reflecting "Owner Installed" supercharger.

I am pretty sure that there is not any changes in badging other than the rocker stripe. No faux gas cap is included, however, you can purchase one separately from SPP. The center dash plaque is not changed.

There was a discussion ongoing between Amy Boylan and those who already have 'Official' Shelby GT/SC's as to what, if any, documentation or possibly a different plaque for both under the hood and the center dash. . . But that's really about all I can say about that. I haven't really followed it, and I'm sure whatever is decided will be great anyway. I have faith in SAI.

Trevor

Yes there is an under the hood badge coming out right now. Roger is collecting our info to get that and a certificate to us.

All the rest is correct previously stated

If you want the Shelby Registry notation that you have a true SGT/SC, your supercharger has to be installed by SAI or an approved mod shop. Also, you only have three options right now for a supercharger. 1.) Whipple (non-intercooled) 400hp. 2.) Whipple 550HO 3.) Kenne Bell. There is not a Paxton kit available at the moment for GT/SC status. You can however purchase any kind of supercharger and the mod shops will install it, but no registry mark.

Chris

There is a third kit from Whipple. Dennis at Tasca Ford Installed a whipple (intercooled) 475hp kit on my Shelby GT (auto) in March of 09. The pulley size is 3.75 (9 psi) and the pulley size on the 550hp is 3.25 (11psi). Tasca Ford did tell me that my Shelby GT was the first GT to be done with this whipple and was added to the registry as a 475hp Shelby GT/SC.

. . . if you have the supercharger installed at SAI-Vegas, Tasca -Rhode Island, or Quatum Performance - Texas, you get the registry check for an 'official' Shelby GT/SC and you will get the rocker stripe that says 'SHELBY GT/SC'.

Okay guys and gals like I read in another post this forum is hard on your checkbook!!!

I have been tossing around the idea of going the SC route and I was wondering.... is the price dictated by SAI or the shop itself? I recieved an email last month about some sort of sale on upgrades?!?!? How do I compile a list of far into the home equity loan I go?

Thanx

Okay guys and gals like I read in another post this forum is hard on your checkbook!!!

I have been tossing around the idea of going the SC route and I was wondering.... is the price dictated by SAI or the shop itself? I recieved an email last month about some sort of sale on upgrades?!?!? How do I compile a list of far into the home equity loan I go?

Thanx

I can give you a sweet deal on a bolt on turbo kit. PM for details

I can give you a sweet deal on a bolt on turbo kit. PM for details

Thanx but no thanx I want that SC/GT rocker stripe! I originally went shopping for GT500 but I waited too long they were all gone so I took the GT instead. Now I have too much invested, and I like the looks of the GT. My only recourse is to supercharge it!

There is a third kit from Whipple. Dennis at Tasca Ford Installed a whipple (intercooled) 475hp kit on my Shelby GT (auto) in March of 09. The pulley size is 3.75 (9 psi) and the pulley size on the 550hp is 3.25 (11psi). Tasca Ford did tell me that my Shelby GT was the first GT to be done with this whipple and was added to the registry as a 475hp Shelby GT/SC.

Yeah, I just got an email today from Dennis stating that the 475 hp kit is used instead of the 550 hp kit on an automatic tranny. Unfortunately, the price is the same as the 550 hp kit. :shrug:

Yeah, I just got an email today from Dennis stating that the 475 hp kit is used instead of the 550 hp kit on an automatic tranny. Unfortunately, the price is the same as the 550 hp kit. :shrug:
The only differance in the two kits is the pulley size (550hp pulley is 3.25) and (475hp pulley is 3.75). I did talk to dennis at Whipple and he told me that I can order the 3.25 pulley an install the pulley my self, with no new tune required. Tom.

Archived