TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Looking for Qualified Dealer in San Diego for TSB

cobra567

I am sneaking up on 36 months in July and want to start the process of working with a dealer in San Diego area. Does anyone have any experience with a San Diego area dealer with a master tech doing the tranny TSB??? My car came from Bob Baker Ford which is now gone....any reccos??

Bought my GT500 at Kerny Mesa and they were great. Made sure I knew that they had a SVT mechanic on board and they have a sales person that specializes in SVT cars. Check them out also

stay away from Mossy Ford. Nothing but problems with them. Took them two weeks, and they managed to break two extra things along the way, and I'm now having issues with grinding in 6th gear (which I didn't have before).

Interesting. My experience with Mossy has been the exact opposite. Whatever the task, they get it done and get it done right the first time. Who was your service advisor, do you recall?

Jim

Interesting. My experience with Mossy has been the exact opposite. Whatever the task, they get it done and get it done right the first time. Who was your service advisor, do you recall?

Jim

Andre is my advisor, he's been okay for the most part. He wasn't the one working on the car that caused the additional problems. The car is over there now, they are addressing the 6th gear grind.

Jason

Andre is my advisor, he's been okay for the most part. He wasn't the one working on the car that caused the additional problems. The car is over there now, they are addressing the 6th gear grind.

Jason

I use Danielle and specify that Josh work on my car. He has worked on everything from the Ford GT (not mine) on down. Josh is one of these young guys who is at one with high performance cars. Just a thought. Good luck with your tranny.

Jim

AWESOME! So I dropped my car off on Tuesday for Ford's second attempt at unfucking their shotty design (post TSB it was grinding in 6th gear), and find out today (two days later) that they've just now diagnosed the problem (TSB again), it won't be ready until next Tuesday. It's great, out of the 4 months I've owned my car it has been in the shop for 24 days! I'll get it back in time to drive it and hopefully enjoy it for about 5 days before I go out on deployment again. I can't believe what a problem this car has been. UNBELIEVABLE! The best part is when you call Ford Corporate to complain you get some third party service that doesn't do anything other than read a script, no results. No sincerity from Ford what so ever. Oh well, if I had more time before I deployed I’d seriously consider trying to force them to buy this lemon back, but we all know that process will take more than the five days I have before I have to head out. This is by far, the worst purchase I’ve ever made. I can't believe Carroll Shelby is okay with having his name on a product like this.

• 2 months later...
I am sneaking up on 36 months in July and want to start the process of working with a dealer in San Diego area. Does anyone have any experience with a San Diego area dealer with a master tech doing the tranny TSB??? My car came from Bob Baker Ford which is now gone....any reccos??

Any update on TSB?

Any update on TSB?

Nope....after reading all the horror stories on the forum i decided to take my chances and not wrestle with Ford about getting it done. I would rather have it done one time when it becomes a necessity and just pony up to the price tag and choose the parts of my choice.

Archived