TEAM SHELBY FORUM

second stock clutch replacement in 4039 miles

first tsb done because of faulty flywheel- second defective pressure plate and disc- traction control lght came on and sensor fixed- low break fluid light came on fixed- coolant hose came off fixed- Oasis report looks like a print out from star wars- nothing related to faulty driving as all parts were checked by ford tech to see if abuse was the issue- this is an 07 with 4000 miles- just a post and not a complaint. I have been upfront with the dealership and they have responded by addressing the issues. Will I use this clutch system when the door closes on me from ford- not likely. Going to watch the organic clutch system on the 2010s to see how owners fare and dealers and ford react to wear issues in the new system. A ceramic clutch is a good system however everthing else involved must matchup and in my small world not all things match up in the 07-09gt 500s- If Ford was really happy with the clutch system in the 07-09 GT 500s why have they switched the system to organic while increasing horsepower ?

first tsb done because of faulty flywheel- second defective pressure plate and disc- traction control lght came on and sensor fixed- low break fluid light came on fixed- coolant hose came off fixed- Oasis report looks like a print out from star wars- nothing related to faulty driving as all parts were checked by ford tech to see if abuse was the issue- this is an 07 with 4000 miles- just a post and not a complaint. I have been upfront with the dealership and they have responded by addressing the issues. Will I use this clutch system when the door closes on me from ford- not likely. Going to watch the organic clutch system on the 2010s to see how owners fare and dealers and ford react to wear issues in the new system. A ceramic clutch is a good system however everthing else involved must matchup and in my small world not all things match up in the 07-09gt 500s- If Ford was really happy with the clutch system in the 07-09 GT 500s why have they switched the system to organic while increasing horsepower ?

i put 2000 miles or so on my 1st tsb replacement clutch and it went south, if the current on goes again i will look at a Spec clutch

Archived