TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need Help From Shelby GT California Owner

SGT1197

I am in need of help from a current Shelby GT owner from California located around the city of Ontario, California. I am very much considering on buying a Grabber orange 2008 GT-C from Citrus Motors in Ontario, California. Talked to salesman Jason Neufeld tonight and he said it is still available after listing it on ebay and it received no bids. Price is at $31,295.00 with 14 miles on it.

I know this is asking alot but if a current Shelby GT owner is able to go by and look the car over from top to bottom and give me a call or email I would be very grateful. I live in Illinois close to St. Louis and it would save me a few miles. If the car looks as good as they said then I will make arrangements to purchase. I will probably hire a transport company to deliver it. Any information on a good transport company is also appreciated since I personally have not a clue about a good company.

This car is #008 and has Navigation, Interior Upgrade Package, Ambient Lighting and I believe HID.

Anyone that can help please PM me.

Thanks again

SGT1197

I am in need of help from a current Shelby GT owner from California located around the city of Ontario, California. I am very much considering on buying a Grabber orange 2008 GT-C from Citrus Motors in Ontario, California. Talked to salesman Jason Neufeld tonight and he said it is still available after listing it on ebay and it received no bids. Price is at $31,295.00 with 14 miles on it.

I know this is asking alot but if a current Shelby GT owner is able to go by and look the car over from top to bottom and give me a call or email I would be very grateful. I live in Illinois close to St. Louis and it would save me a few miles. If the car looks as good as they said then I will make arrangements to purchase. I will probably hire a transport company to deliver it. Any information on a good transport company is also appreciated since I personally have not a clue about a good company.

This car is #008 and has Navigation, Interior Upgrade Package, Ambient Lighting and I believe HID.

Thanks again

SGT1197

Hopefully you can find someone to take a look but I will tell you, as someone that as done this drive, it's a fun drive and you can do it in two days and maybe take a few side trips! You'll go through Vegas, stop at SAI, Denver, etc... boring beyond belief in Nebraska, but it's a nice straight FAST drive, go for it!

:happy feet:

What are you worried about? I assume this car hasn't been titled, so it should be in new condition. This is a Ford dealer, correct, so I'd think they would make good on any problems. Plus, the seller could send you a battery of pics. Just my $.02.

Thanks again

SGT1197

Hey Thanks for the tip I have been looking for one for a long time and at that price I can resist I'm calling the dealer at 8:00 am to give them my deposit on the car.

JUST KIDDING I'm not intersted but If I were you I would just get the car, the price is right and its a really rare cool car and worst case the stripes might be bad but they are under warranty. I wouldn't even think twice about it just get the car before someone else buys it.

Just my $0.02 worth, but I'd be very hesitant buying a car sight unseen...even a new one.

I have flown across country to check-out cars that were NEVER what their owner's describe them to be. Granted, they were used cars, so more could go wrong with them.

But, for the sake of one day of flying there and back and a few hundred dollars, I feel it would be well worth it.

After you've owned it a year, if you bought it or decided against it you will forget about the time and money on airfare. But, if you get one with problems, even with the warrenty, etc. you'll be kicking yourself for not investing the time and a few hundred dollars.

Again, just my $0.02....

Good luck, either way :happy feet: :happy feet:

A brand new car with only 14 miles being sold by a Ford dealership should be an easy process.

The car should have no damage and any problems would be covered under warranty. The only thing I would do if it was me is have an Oasis report run on the car to make sure there haven't been any previous repairs to the car.

Steve

Thanks again

SGT1197

JustTony lives in Rancho Cucamunga, 5 minutes from there, PM him if you havent gotten this resolved yet.

Great guy (sorrry for volunteering you bud! :hysterical: )........

I know at the car auctions we E- bid on they have car apprasiers that will check the car out for you and give you the low down on what's going on with the car. There is a fee involved, but I think we pay like 50.00 bucks or something around there.

I purchased mine from Sunset Ford in December for $35K, so you are getting a good price. They delivered it at no cost. Since you live outside the state, they told me they had to deliver it since I was not a CA resident.

Anyway, My SGT has no problems with the Hood Scoop or stripes, this is the main things you want to make sure that are ok. have them send you detail pics after you put the deposit of the hood scoop, hood pins and stripes.

I purchased mine from Sunset Ford in December for $35K, so you are getting a good price. They delivered it at no cost. Since you live outside the state, they told me they had to deliver it since I was not a CA resident.

Anyway, My SGT has no problems with the Hood Scoop or stripes, this is the main things you want to make sure that are ok. have them send you detail pics after you put the deposit of the hood scoop, hood pins and stripes.

Hood pins on 08's are never going to be an issue its just the 06 Hertz and 07 cars

Hood pins on 08's are never going to be an issue its just the 06 Hertz and 07 cars

I replaced mine last week with the Billet ones from shelby. they are much nicer and wont scratch the hood when you take them off (which I did a little bit) When i replaced them, there was some bubble paint around where one of the screws went. I treated it. wiil see. anyway, my car does not go out in the rain.

I'm pretty sure the deal is that if you picked the car up in person the dealership would have to charge sales tax but if the car was shipped out of state then no sales tax paid to California.

This would also apply to sgt1197.

Steve

I replaced mine last week with the Billet ones from shelby. they are much nicer and wont scratch the hood when you take them off (which I did a little bit) When i replaced them, there was some bubble paint around where one of the screws went. I treated it. wiil see. anyway, my car does not go out in the rain.

My O8 came with the Billet Shelby ones. Since the grabber orange SGT were an early 08 model did they come with the plain smooth hood pins? If they did then YES he should get rid of them and get the billet ones

Well one thing I did check when I went to make the deal for mine, ...passenger side visor.

The dealer had two GT-C's on the lot, one had the Shelby signature on the visor, the other didn't!

You could probably make a case after the fact, but...

Well one thing I did check when I went to make the deal for mine, ...passenger side visor.

The dealer had two GT-C's on the lot, one had the Shelby signature on the visor, the other didn't!

You could probably make a case after the fact, but...

Were the visors suppose to be signed on the GT-C's? I thought that I read somewhere that all 220 were signed but no sure if thats true or not

I'm pretty sure the deal is that if you picked the car up in person the dealership would have to charge sales tax but if the car was shipped out of state then no sales tax paid to California.

Steve

That's correct. So you need to find out what the sales tax is for CA and compare to IL. If the tax rate is less then IL you will have to pay the difference. My understanding though is that CA is one of the highest. So look at the cost of sales tax in both places and the cost of a transfer permit allowing you to drive it. If in doubt call the IL DMV and ask them what you can do as sales tax is collected when you title the car and there may be a way to drive it on a permit to get it here. No idea.

That's correct. So you need to find out what the sales tax is for CA and compare to IL. If the tax rate is less then IL you will have to pay the difference. My understanding though is that CA is one of the highest. So look at the cost of sales tax in both places and the cost of a transfer permit allowing you to drive it. If in doubt call the IL DMV and ask them what you can do as sales tax is collected when you title the car and there may be a way to drive it on a permit to get it here. No idea.

According to the salesman at Citrus Motors he said that I would pay the sales tax for Illinois not for California and Illinois would be paid once I apply for license plates and title in Illinois. I have been debating on driving the car back to Illinois from California. Citrus Motors would give me a Bill of Laiding and of course my doc papers in order to drive on back to Illinois. This is what the salesman said and he asked his boss. Transport enclosed shipping would be anywhere from $1,275.00 to $2,000.00.

My O8 came with the Billet Shelby ones. Since the grabber orange SGT were an early 08 model did they come with the plain smooth hood pins? If they did then YES he should get rid of them and get the billet ones

Yeap!, since they were bouilt in late 07 and the first 08 Models, they came with the plane ones. I actually liked them because they gave the car the Old School look, but after looking at the cars with the Billet ones and me scratching the hood, i replaced them.

P.S. The hood pins springs were bent, so the pins came off all the time..but that is because I was a dummy and popped the hood BEFORE removing the pins....should of read the Shelby instruction manual :finger:

According to the salesman at Citrus Motors he said that I would pay the sales tax for Illinois not for California and Illinois would be paid once I apply for license plates and title in Illinois. I have been debating on driving the car back to Illinois from California. Citrus Motors would give me a Bill of Laiding and of course my doc papers in order to drive on back to Illinois. This is what the salesman said and he asked his boss. Transport enclosed shipping would be anywhere from $1,275.00 to $2,000.00.

with them needing to move inventory, I would ask them to ship it at their cost...should only be around $800

$800 for across the USA?! I don't mean to come off rude, but there's no way it's that low. The cost of operating a rig is much higher than it was, even two years ago. $1500 will probably be the average for a 4-5 day trip on an OPEN trailer. Trust me here, SGT1197 will be using an enclosed transporter if he can.

$800 for across the USA?! I don't mean to come off rude, but there's no way it's that low. The cost of operating a rig is much higher than it was, even two years ago. $1500 will probably be the average for a 4-5 day trip on an OPEN trailer. Trust me here, SGT1197 will be using an enclosed transporter if he can.

Forgot its an enclosed rig..but my salesman uses an enclosed company at their dealership and he said it would cost them around that...I dont know, I didn't pay for it.

On a diffrent subject, it cost me $750 on an open trailer to bring my 67 convertible from Monterry CA to Houston TX. I did have to wait till they had a couple more cars heading East

Steve

You pay sales tax based on the zip code where you are registering the car for plates :)

How can you not drive it! You can stop at SAI and get pics, take a tour, go shoping, etc., you'll be hard pressed to do it again! It's a pretty drive...like I said except NE, long and BORING!

If you do drive it get a roll of road wrap for the long stretches or night drives.

http://buyroadwrap.com/

Works great!

Hope we'll see you at Volo in June then! I've never seen a GO SGT in person.

:happy feet:

question-

Is it okay to use the cruise control on a new SGT?

When I got my 2005 Mustang GT the only thing they warned me about the new car was to not use the cruise control for the first 1000 miles or so. Has this changed?

I would think it would be way too long of a drive to not be able to use cruise control.

Though it would be nice to be able to stop at Shelby in Vegas and maybe pick up that full bra they sell for the SGT.

BTW, how much would Premium gas cost for a trip that long? Figure that into your decision.

Archived