TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone install the FRPP throttle body?

There is an article in the newest Mustang magazine about installing a larger TB. They stated it was only good for about 5 RWHP and cost about 600.00. I believe it was a Whipple TB. I will review the article tonight and post more information. It was not the new Ford TB.

Installed the BBK , didn't have the FPRP out yet. About 5-7 hp, did more the increase in low end torque. I noticed a much better throttle response, over stock. Using the 91 octane Predator porgram in my car. The BBK was on $299 + ship=$315.00, easy to install. Curious about the FRPP unit, does look super sharp, nice polish job, but with shine comes a price.

Installed the BBK , didn't have the FPRP out yet. About 5-7 hp, did more the increase in low end torque. I noticed a much better throttle response, over stock. Using the 91 octane Predator porgram in my car. The BBK was on $299 + ship=$315.00, easy to install. Curious about the FRPP unit, does look super sharp, nice polish job, but with shine comes a price.

I called FRPP and they said you NEED a dyno tune to make this TB work properly. I asked about the BBK TB not needing a tune and he said the FRPP TB is "bigger inside" and needs a tune to run "properly". He also said you won't get much gain without a supercharger.

+1

My thoughts exactly on the BBK I installed and on the FRPP TB.

Ken

that looks great if nothing else its a nice piece of bling. every other car i have put one on it helped greatly so i would think it would at least add 5 or so horse might need a tune to get the best out of it tho.

Just got it in today from Blue Oval Industries

Too bad the Shelby in still in the body shop getting the Chip Beck hood scoop installed and (complete) painted on stripes

Can't wait to get this installed

Take Care

Andrew

Please tell us how it works without a tune. I can understand why FRPP says you NEED a tune, but I bet they are just saying that to get the most out of it. I'm really interested in this mod too.

Please tell us how it works without a tune. I can understand why FRPP says you NEED a tune, but I bet they are just saying that to get the most out of it. I'm really interested in this mod too.

Just Ordered my Throttle Body today from Blue Oval ( Part # M-9926-CJ )

Installing the following mods this weekend on my 605 HP Supersnake:

JBA Long Tube Headers

JBA Mid X-Pipe with Hi-flow Cats

JBA 3" Full Exhaust

Innovators West 10% Overdrive Lower Pulley

FRPP Cobra Jet Throtle Body

Afco Dual Pass Heat Exchanger

Sceduled for a tune with Modular Powerhouse on May 23rd

Will post results then ! :shift:

Supersnake # 08SS0144

427 Package # 62 of 427

Archived