TEAM SHELBY FORUM

H pipe installed

Whammer

Do you have to order the KR mufflers from a Ford dealer or are there other vendors that you can order from?

Many places to order. I think they're all about $540 shipped. There's also Stangmafia - but TS doesn't allow me to list the site.

evolution http://www.evoperform.com/shop/index.php?m...products_id=457

blueoval http://www.blueovalindustries.com/products.php?pid=99013360

Tom,

I had the Bullitt with 3.73 rear end, so I know that car pulled better than my 05 GT.

So what are you noticing with the GT500?

How is it hooking up from a stoplight?

I'm thinking about doing this too, but I'd like more feedback/opinions.

Thanks.

It requires more touch in first and second gear to hook up well, since it now has a tendency to overpower the tires. It pulls much better in 3rd and 4th, now 5th and 6th are really usable gears.

My speedometer is messed up now, really optimistic.

Can anyone recommend a tuner that I can adjust my speedo for the new gear ratios?

-Tom

Many places to order. I think they're all about $540 shipped. There's also Stangmafia - but TS doesn't allow me to list the site.

evolution http://www.evoperform.com/shop/index.php?m...products_id=457

blueoval http://www.blueovalindustries.com/products.php?pid=99013360

Thanks flyboy. Do you have to order the clamps with the H pipe?

Thanks flyboy. Do you have to order the clamps with the H pipe?

You may as well. Like Tom said - you'll need them unless you weld them on - or you have your own clamps. Know they list at $39 each from Ford. You might find them cheaper, but not by much - and don't forget to include shipping.

NOTE - you might try just the KRs by themselves first and see how you like them. You may like the x-pipe sound just fine.

You may as well. Like Tom said - you'll need them unless you weld them on - or you have your own clamps. Know they list at $39 each from Ford. You might find them cheaper, but not by much - and don't forget to include shipping.

NOTE - you might try just the KRs by themselves first and see how you like them. You may like the x-pipe sound just fine.

I just ordered the h pipe and the kr's......might as well go for broke or is that be broke :headscratch: Either way I won't be disappointed :happy feet:

• 2 weeks later...
Damn you guys. I now have the KRs on and was just fine with them as is. Now I need to get the firggin h-pipe.

I need counseling. I come here for support - to co-miserate on this obsession. All I get is more encouragement to do more. Like crack to a crack addict.

I'm here for you man. :beerchug:

I'll PM you my address, and you just send Jolly those pesky KR's so you don't have to fret over them any more.

What can I say? I'm a giver. :salute:

Not sure but give me a shout and lets see what we can do to get you a H pipe set up?? I would sell one to you at a reduced price for testing if interested!

Looking for a test on an 07 GT500 with Borla Stingers in Cali? :-)

FYI - my new KRs and h-pipe are for sale. I had AR headers and x-pipe installed with my Whipple 2.9 and the KRs were just too loud. I had to put the stock mufflers back on. I really liked the KRs and h-pipe before the headers were on. My timing was just off. I didn't plan to do the headers, but Evo convinced me poinitng out the reduced back pressure and reduced cylinder head temps. All important with the extra boost of the 2.9L.

The KRs, h-pipe and clamps were around $900 all together. I had maybe 200 miles on them. Make me an offer.

Archived