TEAM SHELBY FORUM

KR supplement manual

mdwayne

I got both a GT500 and a GT500KR supplement. The KR one is about 20 pages. If you can't get one, I could probably copy it and send it to you.

Could you give us some idea of what's in it? I'd pay for a copy of it if it has ANYTHING of real value.

I did something I've never done before, I read the entire owners manual and GT500 supplement . . . nothing much of intrest except the operation of the flat repair sealant and pump.

I'll take a look at it when I get home and post back here. Read all 3 manuals the night I got it, but don't remember the specifics of the KR one.

Mine being in French I can only pick out parts of it.........it is different to the GT500 supplement.They seem to address the issue of loading and unloading with ground clearance issues among other things.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Wayne

I got both a GT500 and a GT500KR supplement. The KR one is about 20 pages. If you can't get one, I could probably copy it and send it to you.

Thanks very much for the offer. I would like the original Ford supplied supplement so my documentation is complete.

Wayne

The KR supplement is only 16 pages, so I scanned them all. The board won't let me put all these images/links in one message, so I'm splitting out into two messages.

Front Cover:th_GT500KRCover.jpg

Table of Contents:th_GT500KRTOC.jpg

Pages 2-3:th_GT500KR2-3.jpg

Pages 4-5:th_GT500KR4-5.jpg

Pages 6-7:th_GT500KR6-7.jpg

Pages 8-9:th_GT500KR8-9.jpg

Speaking of this manual, there is one thing that I'm confused about. On page 5, talking about the short throw shifter, it says "With a shortened throw, a performance enthusiast finds the next available gears in rapid sequence." But, after that paragraph, in bold it says "Never power shift your Shelby GT500KR Mustang."

I'm probably missing something obvious here, but whats the difference between "rapid sequence" and "power shift"? :headscratch:

Thanks John for posting the scans, not much new info there.

Power shifting you don't let up on the throttle (or not much) and you slam the shifter pretty hard. I've broken shift forks doing that on an OLD Mustang. The term "rapid sequence" just means a fast authoritative shift.

Thanks John for posting the scans, not much new info there.

Power shifting you don't let up on the throttle (or not much) and you slam the shifter pretty hard. I've broken shift forks doing that on an OLD Mustang. The term "rapid sequence" just means a fast authoritative shift.

I had a 07' GT500 and the supercharger was very obvious with it's whine, however on my KR I hear nothing, no whine at all. Is this true for yours.

Matt,

Like Wayne, I hear it a bit more in the upper end but I haven't spent too much time above 4500 rpm, having less than 800 miles I tend to use it but not run it to redline very often. That Whipple 2.9 is sounding mighty tempting right now, time to save my pennies and sell some my amassed spare parts from projects past.

Found work yet?

Matt,

Like Wayne, I hear it a bit more in the upper end but I haven't spent too much time above 4500 rpm, having less than 800 miles I tend to use it but not run it to redline very often. That Whipple 2.9 is sounding mighty tempting right now, time to save my pennies and sell some my amassed spare parts from projects past.

Found work yet?

I found my KR supp manual in the glove box, my mistake.

Archived