TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Sirius went away

cluscher

I bought my GT500 from a forum member six months ago, and he purchased a lifetime SIRIUS membership when he owned the car. I got in the car the other day and Sirius doesn't come on anymore? Before I call them, anybody else have this experience?

All really depends on the symptoms. A week or two after my 6 month subscription ran out, worked good on my car for one Saturday when I took it out of winter hibernation for one day. I thought I would have one that Sirius "forgot" about.

Then 2 weeks later took car out of storage for good and now get no signal. Contacted sirius thinking I had to renew my subscription. Still didn't work after numerous attempts.

Then spoke to a friend with one that they didn't renew and it stopped after 6 months.

His display showed for him to call Sirius to renew and it showed an 800 number to call. Mine shows No signal after searching for one. Goes into dealer in tomorrow for further diagnoses as Sirius is telling me the Sirius unit needs replacement.

I apparently got a lifetime subscription with my car because its still going strong after almost 2 years!!

I took a life time membership as well......mine is not working......what gives????? :headscratch:

I also have a lifetime membership to Sirius. When I took my Shelby GT500 out of winter storage, mine didn't work either. I had the call Sirius # on the display screen. All i had to do is call them and have them resend a signal to start up the radio again. All they needed was the ESN# from the radio or a VIN# from the vehicle that was subscribed. In no time, my SAT radio was back in action. I have a feeling it might be tied to the Sirius/XM merger but am not sure. The # to call Sirius at is 1-888-539-7474.

I bought my GT500 from a forum member six months ago, and he purchased a lifetime SIRIUS membership when he owned the car. I got in the car the other day and Sirius doesn't come on anymore? Before I call them, anybody else have this experience?

This happened to me as well. I purchased the car used with about 5,000 miles. About a year and half went by and then the SR went silent. I called Sirius and explained I bought the car used. They asked for a unit number (ESN#), which you can get by pushing a few buttons on the unit, and I got my service back. I don't think you have any big issue here, just call Sirius, and I'm sure you will get your service back just as I did.

My service in my SGT went out about a week ago and I will not renew it, why you may ask? Well first is that there is a six in dash CD player, free radio and my I-phone can hook up to the aux and I jam free music from Pandora or whatever I downloaded on my I-phone. :happy feet:

Mine went out. Dealer replaced the Antenna. Works fine

Well the service is not tied to the car- the person who subscibed to Sirrius owns the service. So one possibility is the original owner of the car transferred the service over to another car. Like someone already posted you can transfer 3 or 4 times for free.

So give Sirrius a call and see if your car is still subscribed.

Was there as TSB out for Sirius? I was at the dealer the other day when the Shelby went in for the clutch, and it seemed like there was one on Sirius, but I can't remember exactly.

But hey, the engine is music enough to my ears!! In fact... I got so many calls from Sirius to renew my subscription that I eventually had to tell them that I totaled the car! No more phone calls...

My service in my SGT went out about a week ago and I will not renew it, why you may ask? Well first is that there is a six in dash CD player, free radio and my I-phone can hook up to the aux and I jam free music from Pandora or whatever I downloaded on my I-phone. :happy feet:

+2 same here... I can't see myself paying for radio service. I think the MP3 jack works great with my phone and my wife's IPOD. Plus 6 CD's in dash good enough. When my service is turned off(should be in May), I think I will invest in a HD tuner. Free HD radio, all you need is the tuner.

Archived