TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How are things in Tikrit Iraq?

My company has a contract to deliver some services for the State Department over 5 days there and I'll for sure be keeping my wits about me and follow all instructions and advisories. I never thought I'd be going back that way again! We'll see if it happens. Gotta do what ya gotta do! Be cool to meet up with a TS member or two while I'm there! At least something to look forward to!

I've got a flak jacket if you want to use it Jeff.

Tikrit is smaller than the larger FOBs so it has less "amenities". All in all though, it is still Iraq, so it is incredibly hot and incredibly dusty. What more can I say. I hope your stay is a brief and safe one if you have to go.

Thanks for the heads up! It will be 5 days maybe 6 we'll see what the contract comes back with.

Non-combatant, going to provide training at the University of Tikrit.

Ha-ha that's too cool... the general public doesn't see the good stuff going on over there, just the carnage of fighting the insurgency. At any rate, we did spend time painting schools and delivering supplies, etc. I was "fortunate" enough to have entered/passed through Al-Hillah (Babylon), and I have pictures of the Babylonian ruins... Talk about history huh? The Iraqi people are some of the most humble and thankful people, and you've had to been there and interacted with these people to believe it. Of course, you have the typical population that can't seem to agree on anything... hell, they never have. Unfortunate really... :headscratch:

Ha-ha that's too cool... the general public doesn't see the good stuff going on over there, just the carnage of fighting the insurgency. At any rate, we did spend time painting schools and delivering supplies, etc. I was "fortunate" enough to have entered/passed through Al-Hillah (Babylon), and I have pictures of the Babylonian ruins... Talk about history huh? The Iraqi people are some of the most humble and thankful people, and you've had to been there and interacted with these people to believe it. Of course, you have the typical population that can't seem to agree on anything... hell, they never have. Unfortunate really... :headscratch:

I'll be visiting 8 schools so maybe one that you worked on!

:happy feet:

Thanks. Just from the feet on the ground how are things what to expect etc., I don't mind going so much as I don't know what I'm going in to.

My guys tell me they haven't heard of anything going on - but that doesn't mean there isn't anything going on. They told me they'll a bit deeper. I'll let you know what they say.

Just do yourself a favor though, keep your gear on, your brain on, and your eyes open.

My guys tell me they haven't heard of anything going on - but that doesn't mean there isn't anything going on. They told me they'll a bit deeper. I'll let you know what they say.

Just do yourself a favor though, keep your gear on, your brain on, and your eyes open.

Thanks will do!

:salute:

Archived