TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tire input on "Hankook Ventus S1 evo Blackwall"

What do you guys think on this tire? The review seems to be very good and Tire Rack is having a blow out of these in 19" which is what size rim I just picked up. I'm thinking about going 275/40/19 rears and 245/40/19. I didn't like the way the 35 series tire look on the wheel package. Total package would run roughly $550 +/- from Tire Rack.

Now, I just need to decide about keeping the TPMS or not. I bought the wheels with the sensors but they were not installed on the wheels so I just need the bands put on, right?

What do you guys think on this tire? The review seems to be very good and Tire Rack is having a blow out of these in 19" which is what size rim I just picked up. I'm thinking about going 275/40/19 rears and 245/40/19. I didn't like the way the 35 series tire look on the wheel package. Total package would run roughly $550 +/- from Tire Rack.

Now, I just need to decide about keeping the TPMS or not. I bought the wheels with the sensors but they were not installed on the wheels so I just need the bands put on, right?

They sound pretty good! The right speed rating and 105 load rating. My only concern is why is Tire rack closing them out? Were there a lot of balance problems or something else? Might be worth asking why. Usually when they closeout a tire it means they'll not be carrying them again so if you damage one might be hard to get a replacement and sometimes closeouts are non-returnable (dunno). Just some thoughts, but they sound like a good match for the car from the specs. I did notive the wear rating is 280 (if I'm recalling corectly). By contrast the special KR Goodyears are 180s which means it's much stickier, so possibly that explains why the Evo S1s have a much better wear rating? Just some things you might ask them. At less than 1/2 the normal TireRack price it almost sounds like it's too good to be true! Best of luck!!

Archived