TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Stopped the wheel hop

Whammer

I bought a set of BMR lower control arms from Lethal Performance and the wheel hop on my 08 is now gone. It's an inexpensive and simple solution to this annoying problem that the GT500 suffers from. I feel much more confident with the car's handling now.

I bought a set of BMR lower control arms from Lethal Performance and the wheel hop on my 08 is now gone. It's an inexpensive and simple solution to this annoying problem that the GT500 suffers from. I feel much more confident with the car's handling now.

Whammer, whats your interpretation of wheel hop?

Miguel

Wheel hop to me is when you make a hard launch- like pulling away from the light under hard acceleration and the rear wheels start to bounce. These cars are bad for that. When you launch hard the last thing you want is the wheels to not be holding the road.

Wheel hop to me is when you make a hard launch- like pulling away from the light under hard acceleration and the rear wheels start to bounce. These cars are bad for that. When you launch hard the last thing you want is the wheels to not be holding the road.

Was your car lowered or was this with the stock suspension setup?

I did the BMR LCA route and it didn't cure the problem - it may have even made it worse. It sounds like different cars respond to the LCA upgrade differently. For some it cures the problem, for others not.

This past weekend I installed Ford racing springs and LCA relocation brackets by CHE. This fixed the wheelhop issue for me (plus it lowered it slightly and it handles great). My next step was to change the UCA - which I may do eventually anyway.

Glad to hear just the LCA's did the trick for you!

Guys,

I'm not the most mechanically adept but are the LCA's an easy swap out? I know they say that the uppers are more labor intensive but I would maybe like to try the lowers. Thanks.

LCA's are pretty easy. Just make sure you have a good torque wrench, you'll need to torque the bolts to 129ft/lbs. If you have access to air tools it will go much quicker too. Good luck!

Oh yeah, and a good greese gun!

Archived