TEAM SHELBY FORUM

more horsepower

hey guys i was just wondering for all you supercharged guys what more can i do to get more horsepower or at least lower my drag times... this horse power thing is such an addiction. :-( lol... have any of yall up'ed the boost and if so how much and what kind of gain?? :shift:

hey guys i was just wondering for all you supercharged guys what more can i do to get more horsepower or at least lower my drag times... this horse power thing is such an addiction. :-( lol... have any of yall up'ed the boost and if so how much and what kind of gain?? :shift:

Based on your SC setup more horsepower alone will not necessarily mean faster times. In fact it could slow you down if you are not hooking up well. You may want to focus more on things like good drag tires with the right height and air pressure, a line lock, different differential gearing, suspension setup (struts, shocks, adjustable upper/lower control arms), aluminum drive shaft, keeping the intake air temps cool.

I only got into the mid-13's with my supercharger install. It was all of the above changes (and a few others) that got me down to the 11's.

Also, you are likely to start to see breakage in your drive train components with any more significant horsepower. Especially once you start hooking up. Clutch, transmission, differential, axels will become your weakest link.

By the way, what kind of times are you running anyway?

i would invest in some good tires, after a clutch that can handel what you're putting to the floor. i have an SGT with just stage 1 cams, steeda underdrive pullies, and IRMC deletes for power upgrades and i made it to 13.599 with me a terrible job on hooking up. i just threw on 18x10's out back with Nito 555 extremes and i'm hooking A LOT better. i'm kind of wondering why Cudafly only made mid 13's boosting, j/w. either way with good tires you notice a significant difference, with your set up, you should hit low 12's if not high 11's with good tires. good luck

Yeah, I agree with DaNiNo, 1st thing should absolutely be a good set of drag tires. I personally like 17" Mickey Thompson ET Streets but there are a lot of alternatives.

I'd say a line lock next so you can heat/clean the tires before you stage.

Then adjustable/upper lower control arms.

Depending on what your tire setup is rear end gear change would be next. 26" tall MT's with 4.10 gears put me across the trap in 4th gear right at 6200 RPMs.

A shift light will make you more consistent and will maximize the power from each shift.

I'm still launching hard running the stock clutch with 16,000 miles on it with no problems (yet) and I have seen a lot of fairly new single and double Spec and Ram (and other) clutches bite the dust at the track.

By the way, the reason I was only able to get into mid-13's with just the SC install was tire spin (stock tires smoking in 1st, 2nd, 3rd), wheel hop, and warm weather (June/July 2007 in Florida).

You may want to just change one thing at a time, get used to it, and then move on to the next mod.

Good Luck, it's easy to get there. Just put money in one end and speed comes out the other end.

a few things to consider, FR TB, FR shorty headers, larger injectors, GT500 fuel pumps, FR CNC heads :peelout:

Archived