TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rattle Noise In the Suspension

Is is normal to have rattle noise in the SS suspension. I have never owned a car with racing suspension but this seems to rattle more than it should to the point it appears that something could be lose. Is this normal or do I have a problem? Thanks for any replys. Still love my SS.

Steve Crowe :shift:

• 2 weeks later...
Is is normal to have rattle noise in the SS suspension. I have never owned a car with racing suspension but this seems to rattle more than it should to the point it appears that something could be lose. Is this normal or do I have a problem? Thanks for any replys. Still love my SS.

Steve Crowe :shift:

IS THE RATTLING NOISE WHEN YOU GO OVER A DECENT SIZE BUMP OR ALL THE TIME

08SS0003 came to the dealership before the owner picked it up. I set the gears for him (driving 25 miles and letting the cool down) While I was driving I could here a BUMP or rattle in the rear end. Brought it back and found a susp part had come loose. Took just a few minutes to tighten and the sound went away

MM

08SS0003 came to the dealership before the owner picked it up. I set the gears for him (driving 25 miles and letting the cool down) While I was driving I could here a BUMP or rattle in the rear end. Brought it back and found a susp part had come loose. Took just a few minutes to tighten and the sound went away

MM

My rattles from the suspension, clonks and bonks etc.

It's my Rattle Snake.

Something interesting happened to me recently. After driving the SS for a while I noticed a rattling sound coming from the rear which was quite loud.I pulled over and couldn't find anything loose so I continued on home . When home I got under the car and notices a nice sized rock had gotten into the rear brake cooling duct and was rattling around. The ducts are right in line for debris from the front wheel. No big deal and sure this will happen again.

I bet if you take and bang on your exhaust with your fist it is the exhaust rattling. It's particularly noticable once the car is warm. I figure the rubber mounts soften up a bit and it rattles. It's hitting the bottom of the car somewhere. Mine does it too.

Don

I know of three SS here on Long Island other than my own and none of them have the exhaust hitting the chassis enough to make a noise

Archived