TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Bama Chips - any problems?

Bama Chips-anybody had trouble with this guy?

Ordered a tuner 3 weeks ago - and nothing. He said it would ship two weeks ago, and then just disappeared. Is this guy on the level?

Thanks!!!

SGT2537

Tommy4toes

Doug is on vacation. I use Bamachips exclusively and have had nothing but success. The only delay I ever had was when Doug was on vacation for a week.

Drop him a line by email/phone and he'll get to you asap. Good luck!

Ken

When you plug in the tuner - it will pull to stock "SAI" tune and store it on the tuner. You'll never lose it. You just might not go back to it after you change it.

From the research I've been doing - this is probably best bang for the buck and is an almost instant improvement.

I'm changing from 3:55s to 3:73s and will need to get a custom tune in order to recalibrate the computer for the gear difference.

I can't wait to get everything done - I finally found a place in my area that I can use for dyno runs. I plan to do a dyno pull with my current set up to see if the exhaust I changed to actually gained me some HP/TQ (sure feels like it did) over what the average 'stock' SGT's have been coming back with.

I've found that Bama Chips has been one of the more popular go to tuners on the forum.

Good luck!

Trevor

Bama Chips-anybody had trouble with this guy?

Ordered a tuner 3 weeks ago - and nothing. He said it would ship two weeks ago, and then just disappeared. Is this guy on the level?

Thanks!!!

SGT2537

Tommy4toes

Good guys wouldn't go anywhere else !!!! Order tune phone call that afternoon.

Good guys wouldn't go anywhere else !!!! Order tune phone call that afternoon.

Thank you all for your input. I have called and emailed; he may very well be out of town or otherwise unavailable.

I'll post when I do get it, I'm sure the improvement will be quite noticeable.

tommy4toes

Thank you all for your input. I have called and emailed; he may very well be out of town or otherwise unavailable.

I'll post when I do get it, I'm sure the improvement will be quite noticeable.

tommy4toes

Like nite and day!!! I have the 93 octane race tune = animal the only thing is 1st gear is very sensitve throttle wise like my M3 very touchy its worth the wait.

Like nite and day!!! I have the 93 octane race tune = animal the only thing is 1st gear is very sensitve throttle wise like my M3 very touchy its worth the wait.

Just spoke to Doug - he said it'll ship out in the AM - I went with the 91 tunes only because I spend alot of time out West & at high elevation; anything over 91 octane is rarely available and I did't want to run into any problems whatsoever.

thanks again y'all!!!

tommy4toes

Just spoke to Doug - he said it'll ship out in the AM - I went with the 91 tunes only because I spend alot of time out West & at high elevation; anything over 91 octane is rarely available and I did't want to run into any problems whatsoever.

thanks again y'all!!!

tommy4toes

That's good to hear Tommy. Glad Doug didn't go permanently AWOL! I also have the 91 custom race tune and I'm making 337 at the wheels with it (among lots of other mods).

Enjoy!

Ken

That's good to hear Tommy. Glad Doug didn't go permanently AWOL! I also have the 91 custom race tune and I'm making 337 at the wheels with it (among lots of other mods).

Enjoy!

Ken

Yeah - apparently he was here in FL all week for some dyno sessions, and disconnected his home phone because folks were calling him at all hours of the night to ask questions.......:)

Enjoy!

Ken

Ken-

What are your mods to get to 337? I'd be interested in reading up on those.

Thanks!!

tommy4toes

Archived