TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Front Valance... advice/tips needed

BoneDoc

my front valance gets damaged frequently. and it will only get worse as my car is getting supersnaked and will be lowered 1.5" and have carbon fiber skin placed on the valance. The gutter at the base of my driveway is just deep enough to cause the valance to scrape if i don't come down on just the right angle.

I know i am not the only with that situation on this forum and was wondering what solutions you all have come up with? I cannot make any permanent changes to the gutter (against Homeowners ass'n policy).

thanks in advance

Ron

my front valance gets damaged frequently. and it will only get worse as my car is getting supersnaked and will be lowered 1.5" and have carbon fiber skin placed on the valance. The gutter at the base of my driveway is just deep enough to cause the valance to scrape if i don't come down on just the right angle.

I know i am not the only with that situation on this forum and was wondering what solutions you all have come up with? I cannot make any permanent changes to the gutter (against Homeowners ass'n policy).

thanks in advance

Ron

I just have the stock one, so I have a spare front splitter hanging in the garage. For some reason, they are super cheap from Ford. Your case is different, however. I'd really like the looks of that Griot gutter filler, although, I think my neighborhood might frown on that.

Heres something that might work.

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/in+you.../curb+bridge.do

Also i have seen other companys make small ramps to place right at the bottom of the driveway to get you in. I really thought raceramps.com had them but i can't find them on thier site anymore.

thanks for the information. doubt my homeowners assn would go for it though.

anyone else tried the 2x4 trick?

Okay 'doc, here's what you do:

1. Run for the president of your HOA

2. Stack the rules committee with all the "car guys" in the neighborhood.

3. Re-write the covenant deeds and restrictions

4. Problem solved

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

:D Will we see you in Tulsa this year? :beerchug:

thanks for the information. doubt my homeowners assn would go for it though.

anyone else tried the 2x4 trick?

Ron - I have already had mine off - doesn't take too long - I am thinking about leaving the plastic on for around town (there are some streets I can't drive down with either valance) and putting on the carbon fiber for shows, etc.

The 2x4 should work - it just takes a little elevation at the tire to help get the valance over the low spot.

I have seen people leave a 2x4 in the gutter to avoid the problem. It is not a perminent fix -but works !

+1

Ron, a 2x4 or 2x6 should do the trick. You might want to think about using a stock splitter for most driving around. I'm on my 3rd one. I'd hate for you to burn through that many CF splitters. ouch!

Archived