TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Swine Flu Outbreak

Be careful all - if you haven't heard about the swine flu outbreak, you should stay informed. 70 people have died in Mexico, and there are cases (no deaths) in San Diego and San Antonio.

http://adjix.com/kt4u

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/200...mp;zIndex=88513

http://www.mysanantonio.com/health/San_Ant...es_Mexicos.html

35 kids in Queens, NY have come down with "flu-like symptoms". There's going to be a press conference at 4pm today.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2237712/posts

Its 100 kids sick in Queens.

45 confirmed cases.

45 kids tested!

process is ingoing

they are downplaying the Mexico stats because there has been no outside confirmation

that the deaths were actually a result of this flu. And if they keep medical records like they

control their borders.....those 79 people could have been hit by cars!

No other clusters of confirmed cases anywhere in NY........

Only has spread to family members of school kids, to no one else,

symptoms weaken after the first few days, not a resilant strain.

lets hope that continues.

A friend of mine left for Mexico Friday night...He could

have gotten his money back but he didn't want to cancel

his trip....Can you say stupid. :finger: thats how crap like

that spreads people just think it won't happen to them.

They are saying the swine flu virus combines "genetic material from birds, pigs and humans in a way never seen before".

That alone is enough to make you want to bathe in Lysol for the next two weeks!

Perhaps kerosene... :stirpot:

Anyone got a match? :headscratch::extinguish:

A friend of mine left for Mexico Friday night...He could

have gotten his money back but he didn't want to cancel

his trip....Can you say stupid. :finger: thats how crap like

that spreads people just think it won't happen to them.

Besides the danger of getting the flu, he better hope they don't close the borders on him and he can't get back home!

Wow...First Republican Governor, and Presidential hopeful, Bobby Jindal makes fun of the Alaska volcano monitoring saying: "They want to spend stimulus money on volcano monitoring? Why everyone knows that the Hill Witch keeps tabs on our volcanoes by floating chicken bones in her own intestinal ichor!" Of course shortly after Alaska's Mount Redoubt erupted, suggesting there might be something to this "let's monitor volcanoes with government-funded science" idea.

Well, as it turns out, volcano monitoring wasn't the only worthwhile public safety program that was deemed extravagant in the stimulus package, funding for pandemic flu preparation was axed as well. And playing a critical role was Republican Senator Susan Collins -- for whom the necessity of obtaining her vote is in inverse proportion to the intelligence she shows in policy making.

What does flu have to to with the economy well on Monday, as Associated Press reported -- under the headline: "World Markets Struck By Swine Flu Fears" -- that: "World stock markets fell Monday as investors worried that a deadly outbreak of swine flu in Mexico could go global and derail any global economic recovery."

Oops!

State Department issues Mexico Travel Alert....

http://www.huliq.com/1/80270/us-state-depa...co-travel-alert

I heard this morning that all non-essential travel will be prohibited although that is not mentioned in the alert,.

must have been newsman embellishment.

See? Who said they weren't doing anything to tighten up the border?

State Department issues Mexico Travel Alert....

http://www.huliq.com/1/80270/us-state-depa...co-travel-alert

I heard this morning that all non-essential travel will be prohibited although that is not mentioned in the alert,.

must have been newsman embellishment.

Don't drink the water or eat the swine!

Comrade barrack hussein obama,

aka,

'The One'

'The savior of the USA,

'Comrade obama our, ALLAHU ALAM-

'Comrade obama our God knows best' (In Arabic)

In order to halt the spread of, the current 'Pig', El Pork-o-lo-go Flu virus, may we suggest a prayer from the Prophet Muhammad, which we know you are very familiar with;

"O Allah remove the hardship, O Lord of mankind, grant cure for You are the Healer. There is no cure but from You, a cure which leaves no illness behind."

OR

Transliteration

- "Allahumma Azhibil bas, Rabbannas, Ishfi wa anta Shafi, La Shifa illa Shafaok. Shifaal La Yoghadiro saqama."

OR

Praise comrade barrack hussein obama, from whom, and only from whom, can grant, the healing, and economic salvation of the United States be merciful, comrade hussein obama, and save our ass's from this El-pork-o-lo-go virus. Praise comrade obama our allah, and comrade pelosi.

:stirpot:

I just knew it would somehow it would be blamed on Obama or commies or liberals..and there we have it! We can't even discuss diseases without it turning to political nonsense.

I'm going to go dream about a big butter burger. Mike, you ever go to Culvers? Do they have the best burgers or what?

KC666

:rockon:

I just heard on the news that a few local schools are closed tomorrow as a precaution because of this flu outbreak wow can they close work as well?? :lurk: It's pretty sad that we have to concern ourselves about something like this as we don't have enough to worry about in this society already... :confused:

Now over 100 suspected flu cases in students in NY private school...

4 area school DISTRICTS are closing in the greater San Antonio area...

Comal County, next county over is even closing private schools as well as Comal ISD...

I am really starting to have some concern on this...I just worry about my 2 year old daughter getting it. :censored:

Now over 100 suspected flu cases in students in NY private school...

4 area school DISTRICTS are closing in the greater San Antonio area...

Comal County, next county over is even closing private schools as well as Comal ISD...

I am really starting to have some concern on this...I just worry about my 2 year old daughter getting it. :censored:

Keep her home. My 2c.

Nothing here in my town about school / work closings - yet. The strange thing about this flu is how it seems to be most severe in Mexico and less and less severe as the cases get farther away. One article I read, however, pointed out that this may just be because it's been in Mexico for much longer period of time. The other interesting note is that not one pig has been found to have this virus - so - was it premature to call it a "swine" flu.

Nothing here in my town about school / work closings - yet. The strange thing about this flu is how it seems to be most severe in Mexico and less and less severe as the cases get farther away. One article I read, however, pointed out that this may just be because it's been in Mexico for much longer period of time. The other interesting note is that not one pig has been found to have this virus - so - was it premature to call it a "swine" flu.

The strain is a combination of 4 flu types and transmitted from person to person. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), A-H1N1 has gene segments from North American swine, bird and human flu strains and a segment from Eurasian swine flu.

Archived