TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Swine Flu Outbreak

Yes, flu kills about 36,000 people per year in the U.S. I guess the question then becomes, will there be more than the usual number of flu deaths this year?

I just knew it would somehow it would be blamed on Obama or commies or liberals..and there we have it! We can't even discuss diseases without it turning to political nonsense.

I'm going to go dream about a big butter burger. Mike, you ever go to Culvers? Do they have the best burgers or what?

KC666

:rockon:

Don't anybody laugh! I've never eaten at Culvers. Yes we have one in town but I rarely eat at fast food joints. If it wasn't for Marlboros, I'd be in great shape! :hysterical:

I haven't heard how bad this strain is but ilmor is right. I caught those numbers on TV last night. 36000 deaths related to regular flu. I understand that this swine flu is a killer and a concern but I think the world is getting a bit too excited about it. And no you cannot get it from eating pork. So everyone...enjoy your bacon and eggs this fine morning.

M

First US death attributed to this flu.....a 23 month old baby in Texas that had recently traveled to Mexico.

Still 45 confirmed cases in NY, but hundreds of kids around the city called out yesterday for apparent flu

symptoms.

8 kids were sent home with fever from a school in Manhattan (miles away from the outbreak in Queens)

and the news announced that over the radio during the day sending all the parents with kids there into a panic.

Also FYI........

I also heard that if you wear those masks to protect yourself from the flu, they must be changed every few

hours cause they :collect: the airborne flu. Once tainted can be more dangerous than not wearing one at all.

The strange thing about this flu is how it seems to be most severe in Mexico and less and less severe as the cases get farther away.

Glad I moved back to Australia, that should be far enough away............

We haven't had any confirmed cases in Utah yet but our State Health lab is looking at some samples sent in. My wife is the health and beauty manager at her Wal-Mart. She says they totally sold out of masks as of last night.

:lurk:

I have decided to take my child out of day care for now...My wife can do without tennis for a few days. If things get really bad here...I have a different plan that involves a 6000 acre ranch and no other people. I know it seems like I am over-reacting, but we have confirmed cases in our area, the child that died is the same age as mine, and every rich Mexico City resident has a home in San Antonio just for shopping.

My guess is they have fled to in droves to San Antonio, and I saw MANY mexico license plates on the way to work today. Did I mention my mother-in-law is sick with flu symptoms?

I know, Im crazy...I feel like I am being overly cautious, but if there is a pandemic, we wont know about it until it is too late...the public will be kept in the dark on the seriousness of this until it just cant be kept quiet to avoid a mass panic.

I have decided to take my child out of day care for now...My wife can do without tennis for a few days. If things get really bad here...I have a different plan that involves a 6000 acre ranch and no other people. I know it seems like I am over-reacting, but we have confirmed cases in our area, the child that died is the same age as mine, and every rich Mexico City resident has a home in San Antonio just for shopping.

My guess is they have fled to in droves to San Antonio, and I saw MANY mexico license plates on the way to work today. Did I mention my mother-in-law is sick with flu symptoms?

I know, Im crazy...I feel like I am being overly cautious, but if there is a pandemic, we wont know about it until it is too late...the public will be kept in the dark on the seriousness of this until it just cant be kept quiet to avoid a mass panic.

You are not crazy...if it were my kid, and I lived where you do, I would do the same.

I feel fine.....................oink......................oink, oink!

I just knew it would somehow it would be blamed on Obama or commies or liberals..and there we have it! We can't even discuss diseases without it turning to political nonsense.

I'm going to go dream about a big butter burger. Mike, you ever go to Culvers? Do they have the best burgers or what?

KC666

:rockon:

SO! you admit it...............Obama, Commies and Liberals are all combined!!! :angry2:

Just pulling your leg, :hysterical:

And yes, Butter Burgers are the best!!!!!

Here in Park City where I work, they closed all of the schools until at least Monday. All activities are canceled, including the Prom. Apparently the samples that were sent to our State lab the other day were from Park City and suspect enough to be sent on to the CDC for confirmation.

This is scary. Too close to home.

Connecticut has 5 probable cases with 5 schools that closed for the rest of this week. But by this article it doesn't sound to be that bad so far. I worry about my Son (like I need anything else to worry about :doh: ) because a school can be one of the highest germ places around!

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/C...Flu-Cases-.html

I was on a trip to Puerto Valarta with coworkers this week.

We arrived Friday and we learned about the flu issue on Sunday, arrived back in the US last night.

Needless to say our friends and relatives at home were stirred up by the national media. From our end we knew that there we no reported cases of Swine Flu in Jalisco State(Size of Texas)but there were reported cases in Ohio (100 miles from Home). The resort officials did exercise precautions (extra tequila shots) and everyone on the trip was aware of the potential. The scary thing was the media pounding this thing in over and over and over. Awareness and precaution are the best defense in most cases but generating an atmosphere of fear is much more dangerous. I think more people will be negativly affected by the "CNN Flu" than the swine variant.

Looks like this thing is gonna get outta hand.

Connecticut has 5 probable cases with 5 schools that closed for the rest of this week. But by this article it doesn't sound to be that bad so far. I worry about my Son (like I need anything else to worry about :doh: ) because a school can be one of the highest germ places around!

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/C...Flu-Cases-.html

I know what you mean. If they close my daughter's school and daycare, then that means wife or I have to start taking vacation days to stay home with her.

Archived