TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New CS8 Addition

Stang Myster

Here's a few more pics. This car is built to the Shelby specs. Complete Turn1. This is my third built, the quality is starting to show, at least I think. It's the one I'm most proud of. The first one was Mineral Grey, the second was Red and now the Vista Blue. The only part on the car which is not from the Turn1 is the side emblems. To respect the Shelby car, I installed the Shelby GT side emblems. As a suggestions, these cars should come with a side emblem as part of the Turn1 kit. Next on the list for a friend of mine is a Silver 2009 CS8!

post-12665-1240663277_thumb.jpg

post-12665-1240663302_thumb.jpg

post-12665-1240663277_thumb.jpg

post-12665-1240663302_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
How the heck did you get the CS8 plaque?

When you buy a full Turn1 or Turn2 package, the dash plaque comes with it. If you purchased your CS in stages, you can call Chris at Shelby Performance Parts. He can evaluate your car, where you bought the parts and so on, and send a recommendation to Shelby Autos to approve a dash plaque.

VERY nice job! I love the styling of the CS6/8 cars.

Got any pics of your mineral gray and red one also?

The red one was built for Kevin, which is on this forum on occasion. The far right is my mineral grey CS8. From left to right. There's Randy Harris with a vert CS6 Supercharged, Bill Heim with a Blue CS6 Supercharged, Kevin with a Red CS8 Turn1 and then me with a mineral grey CS8 Turn2.

post-12665-1242357284_thumb.jpg

post-12665-1242357284_thumb.jpg

Love the CS8 look. Thought about building one befoe I bought my GT500. I thought that they were not registering them as Shelbys though. Have they changed their position on this? Or are they just offering plaques?

SAI is simply offering plaques to owners that can prove ALL the parts/changed have been done. They do not record them in a registry- to my personal amazement.

I believe this might changed. I've heard there is talk about a registry for these cars. Afterall, the CS6/8 was the very first car Shelby offered to test the market before releasing the GT-H, then the Shelby GT, the Super Snake and now the Terlingua.

I really like the look of the CS6 and CS8 cars. I have been going back and forth about wether I should build a CS8 with my Father (and effort in giving something back to my Dad that he never had with his Father - Father/Son bonding together in a common interest) OR go buy a GT500 and enjoy ownership of a SGT and a GT500 with him.

Here's my question - I know I've seen some information about the cost of the CS6 Turn2 Kit. . . .

How much should someone expect to spend building a CS8 Turn1 - bottom line???

I can find a Mustang GT for really a reasonable price - I just want to know what my modification bill will look like POST CS8 upfit.

Trevor

Edit: What do you guys think about a Screamin' Yellow CS8??

I really like the look of the CS6 and CS8 cars. I have been going back and forth about wether I should build a CS8 with my Father (and effort in giving something back to my Dad that he never had with his Father - Father/Son bonding together in a common interest) OR go buy a GT500 and enjoy ownership of a SGT and a GT500 with him.

Here's my question - I know I've seen some information about the cost of the CS6 Turn2 Kit. . . .

How much should someone expect to spend building a CS8 Turn1 - bottom line???

I can find a Mustang GT for really a reasonable price - I just want to know what my modification bill will look like POST CS8 upfit.

Trevor

Edit: What do you guys think about a Screamin' Yellow CS8??

IF (big if) I remember correctly, the CS8 kit is less expensive than the CS6 kit (CS8 already has an 8.8 inch rear end).

I was also under the impression that they have their own Shelby registry, but I could be wrong.

I was speaking of the labor associated with completing the kit.

So you buy CS8 Turn 1 Kit for: $7,899.99 (Less than CS6 Turn 1 due to no need for rear facia / 8.8" rear differential)

Would you be really far off if you figured $2000-$3000 for labor to complete the conversion? Retail?

So we're looking at $10,500 +/- a few $$ for this conversion ???????

That's really not all that bad. I've already spent $8,500 on crap for my Shelby GT post purchase. . .

Trevor

Archived