TEAM SHELBY FORUM

AutoWeek Editors Not Doing Their Job

shelbymotorsports

You would think that with AutoWeek magazine now being published bi-weekly instead of the previous weekly format the editors would have loads of time to proof read their articles.

In the April 6th issue of AW there is an article on the 2010 Camaro SS where the author, J.P. Vettraino, states the 2010 Camaro, based on horsepower, is "King" of todays pony cars.

We wont even get into the fact that so far there is no Camaro SS in production and the odds are there will be no 6.2 Camaro from GM anytime soon but how can Mr Vettraino be so clueless on the Mustang? There's no successor to the 09 GT500? Does he not read the very magazine he is writing for?

See the paragraph below snipped from the Camaro article.

Steve

Image0104.JPG

Image0104.JPG

Maybe somehow he knows the writer that did the article on the GT500 :-)

At any rate... I thought that they WERE producing the SS, just not the Z28. Has this changed? Forgive me if I'm behind, I've been living under my GT500 rock for a while. I wonder if he's just talking about naturally aspirated engines?

Maybe somehow he knows the writer that did the article on the GT500 :-)

At any rate... I thought that they WERE producing the SS, just not the Z28. Has this changed? Forgive me if I'm behind, I've been living under my GT500 rock for a while. I wonder if he's just talking about naturally aspirated engines?

Dang it. I think you are correct. I mixed up the SS with the Z28.

But that doesn't change the fact the the 2010 GT500 with 540 horsepower is the king of the pony cars.

Steve

Dang it. I think you are correct. I mixed up the SS with the Z28.

But that doesn't change the fact the the 2010 GT500 with 540 horsepower is the king of the pony cars.

Steve

No kidding... and I don't understand either.

And I get the SS/Z28 mixed up now too - used to be Camaro Z28 and then the SS... So now they have the SS, and the Z28's supposed to be the high output model? I wonder why the reversal.

But, 'nough from me.

You would think that with AutoWeek magazine now being published bi-weekly instead of the previous weekly format the editors would have loads of time to proof read their articles.

In the April 6th issue of AW there is an article on the 2010 Camaro SS where the author, J.P. Vettraino, states the 2010 Camaro, based on horsepower, is "King" of todays pony cars.

We wont even get into the fact that so far there is no Camaro SS in production and the odds are there will be no 6.2 Camaro from GM anytime soon but how can Mr Vettraino be so clueless on the Mustang? There's no successor to the 09 GT500? Does he not read the very magazine he is writing for?

See the paragraph below snipped from the Camaro article.

Steve

You nailed it Steve,

This is the type of article you can and will get when a non car guy or writter gets envolved in the automotive world. They are poor at studying the facts and the industry and just recite the info they have placed in front of them by the manufactures.The results are an inaccurate articles that are ignorant of the true facts or the pulse of the auto industry.

Just another dummy that has no business writting an automotive article. :hysterical:

Scotty

And since he mentioned the Challenger, he should have known that the 6.1 Hemi is an 8 cylinder engine, hence the SRT8. The SRT10 is an 8.4 L V-10 rated at 600 HP (aka, the Viper engine).

And since he mentioned the Challenger, he should have known that the 6.1 Hemi is an 8 cylinder engine, hence the SRT8. The SRT10 is an 8.4 L V-10 rated at 600 HP (aka, the Viper engine).

Good catch on the SRT-10 goof up. I missed that while concentrating on the Camaro being called the king of pony cars.

Steve

No kidding... and I don't understand either.

And I get the SS/Z28 mixed up now too - used to be Camaro Z28 and then the SS... So now they have the SS, and the Z28's supposed to be the high output model? I wonder why the reversal.

But, 'nough from me.

I had always thought that the Z/28 was the highest output model, but maybe I'm stuck in 1969!!

If they, or any of the mainstream media had bothered to show up to cover the 45th in Birmingham last weekend, they might have gotten some 'enlightenment' on what's in store for actual cars that are really being built.

PS, The new SHO Taurus is schweeet!

Archived