TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Line Lock install - question

How are you guys deactivating your line locks after burn out ?? Do you have the shift knob with the button or are you flipping the switch?

Thanks

Sorry for all the questions but new meds new motivation finally !! Alot to catch up on.

How are you guys deactivating your line locks after burn out ?? Do you have the shift knob with the button or are you flipping the switch?

Thanks

Sorry for all the questions but new meds new motivation finally !! Alot to catch up on.

On my 2005 Mustang GT, I used the cruise control off button to activate the line locks, wired up using a switch and a relay. Switch in Normal Mode, the cruise control off button worked as normal. It was very handy just using my left thumb to activate.

On my 2005 Mustang GT, I used the cruise control off button to activate the line locks, wired up using a switch and a relay. Switch in Normal Mode, the cruise control off button worked as normal. It was very handy just using my left thumb to activate.

wouldn't that activate the line lock on the front tires if you were cruising down the road and happened to hit the cruise off button when you saw a cop? That should draw a lot of attention to you as you smoke the front tires....LOL

wouldn't that activate the line lock on the front tires if you were cruising down the road and happened to hit the cruise off button when you saw a cop? That should draw a lot of attention to you as you smoke the front tires....LOL

I think it would !!and you hitting the windshield with your face would raise his attention !!!!

Sorry watching TV

No worries about ever locking the front brakes, lol. I mentioned that I wired them using a switch. With the switch in the "normal" position, the cruise control off button works like normal. Only when the switch was in the "race" position, did the switch work for the line locks. Besides, activating the line locks while just driving will do nothing. To lock the front wheels, you need to press your brake pedal, then press and hold the cruise control off button. At the track, when your finished doing your burnout, you just take your thumb off the button, which lets your car take off. -Steve

John Farmer had a post on this a year or so ago.

He put a switch under the hood that when activated allowed him to use his horn for runs. Then turned the switch off after runs and the horn worked normally. do a search and you should find.

He ma also have it on GT500 forum.

John Farmer had a post on this a year or so ago.

He put a switch under the hood that when activated allowed him to use his horn for runs. Then turned the switch off after runs and the horn worked normally. do a search and you should find.

He ma also have it on GT500 forum.

Thanks guys great info, I have the hurst sindwinder with the button may go that way too!!

Thanks again for your help

No worries about ever locking the front brakes, lol. I mentioned that I wired them using a switch. With the switch in the "normal" position, the cruise control off button works like normal. Only when the switch was in the "race" position, did the switch work for the line locks. Besides, activating the line locks while just driving will do nothing. To lock the front wheels, you need to press your brake pedal, then press and hold the cruise control off button. At the track, when your finished doing your burnout, you just take your thumb off the button, which lets your car take off. -Steve

Whew! Ok, thanks for the clarification on that....I'd be the dummy that forgot to include the normal/race switch and have my face planted against the windshield and front tires smoking!!! LOL

Thanks guys great info, I have the hurst sindwinder with the button may go that way too!!

Thanks again for your help

I had them add a separate on/off switch ....you can barely see it in the photo in the lower left hand corner .....the activation light is to the right of the on/off switch. I love the set up.....no accidental catastrophes

web.jpg

web.jpg

Take Care,

Andrew

I had them add a separate on/off switch ....you can barely see it in the photo in the lower left hand corner .....the activation light is to the right of the on/off switch. I love the set up.....no accidental catastrophes

web.jpg

web.jpg

Take Care,

Andrew

Thanks for replying and sharing the info and that's a nice set- up, I ordered the black sidewinder knob and nice toggle switch

Anthony

Thanks for replying and sharing the info and that's a nice set- up, I ordered the black sidewinder knob and nice toggle switch

Anthony

My, pleasure, please share photo's of your setup when done. I might have gone with the black knob but at the time I did not know they had one.

If I could do it again I might go with the Speed of Sound cup holder gauge/switch panel for the light and switch.

_G6J7833-01.jpg

Speed of Sound

Take Care

Andrew

Archived