TEAM SHELBY FORUM

my car is missing?!

putnamdo

Just wondering if anyone else has had a simmilar experience....

I have the VIN. Called Ford Customer Service and it was supposedly to arrive october 27th. Upon further pressuring about more information they said that "nothing" has been done to the car since October 10th. It is now November friggin 17th. It is supposedly STILL waiting to be shipped. E-mail to the ford regional rep has resulted in the comment "still working on it"..... HOW HARD CAN IT BE TO FIND OUT WHAT IS GOING ON? I'm wondering now since I get no concrete answer if the thing has been damaged some how and is sitting in flat rock awaiting repairs? :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Do not think the worst, like damage. Nov. 10th was a Friday and today is the 17th, so only 5 WORKING days have gone by. I am no expert on this, but from what I read, the striping takes alot of time due to they only have a small number of people trained to do it. Then there is the fact that there is only 2 spots on the rail car that will hold a GT500 with out damaging the front air splitter. Your car is fine. It is just in Limbo.

I can't waite to see it, my local brother.

Rob

Do not think the worst, like damage. Nov. 10th was a Friday and today is the 17th, so only 5 WORKING days have gone by. I am no expert on this, but from what I read, the striping takes alot of time due to they only have a small number of people trained to do it. Then there is the fact that there is only 2 spots on the rail car that will hold a GT500 with out damaging the front air splitter. Your car is fine. It is just in Limbo.

I can't waite to see it, my local brother.

Rob

OCTOBER 10th....not november 10th.

OCTOBER 10th....not november 10th.

Oh _hit. That is 25 work days. Sorry I missed that. Maybe 1BADSHO can help. He has access to a Ford closed circuit computer. I am sure your dealer already did that check.

You must be pullin your hair out. I am sorry. :sos:

Oh _hit. That is 25 work days. Sorry I missed that. Maybe 1BADSHO can help. He has access to a Ford closed circuit computer. I am sure your dealer already did that check.

You must be pullin your hair out. I am sorry. :sos:

I'm not fully convinced yet that my dealer has done any serious checking or what they have found out they don't want to tell me. I'm a little on edge over the whole thing given that since October 27th. I've thought it would show up "the next day"... Now three weeks over due and I'm going crazy.

If anyone can look anything of significance up my VIN is 1ZVHT88S375240328.

I'm not fully convinced yet that my dealer has done any serious checking or what they have found out they don't want to tell me. I'm a little on edge over the whole thing given that since October 27th. I've thought it would show up "the next day"... Now three weeks over due and I'm going crazy.

If anyone can look anything of significance up my VIN is 1ZVHT88S375240328.

On the positive side, i'm sure it will make for a great Christmas. I know you've heard it enough, but it's worth waiting for. :happy feet:

Just wondering if anyone else has had a simmilar experience....

I have the VIN. Called Ford Customer Service and it was supposedly to arrive october 27th. Upon further pressuring about more information they said that "nothing" has been done to the car since October 10th. It is now November friggin 17th. It is supposedly STILL waiting to be shipped. E-mail to the ford regional rep has resulted in the comment "still working on it"..... HOW HARD CAN IT BE TO FIND OUT WHAT IS GOING ON? I'm wondering now since I get no concrete answer if the thing has been damaged some how and is sitting in flat rock awaiting repairs? :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Ford is trying to be careful after the fiasco with my Convertible. If its been that long its most likely on some type of hold. Seems the biggest hold has been the paint and stripe issues.

Ford is trying to be careful after the fiasco with my Convertible. If its been that long its most likely on some type of hold. Seems the biggest hold has been the paint and stripe issues.

I know it has been striped. It was released to ship on the 10th. of October! And I'd be much more at ease about the whole thing if indeed it was on a quality check that they would come out and say so.

Update:

After a week of harassing the regional rep as to why my car is over three weeks late from ARRIVAL date here is what he replied....."I am unable to find anything out about this unit 1ZVHT88S375240328. I do not think I will receive any help on this until after the holiday. I am sorry for the frustration this is causing you." What a bunch of crap! You would think they could call someone or look something up to see why the car "has not been touched since October 10th.!"

WTF :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Update:

After a week of harassing the regional rep as to why my car is over three weeks late from ARRIVAL date here is what he replied....."I am unable to find anything out about this unit 1ZVHT88S375240328. I do not think I will receive any help on this until after the holiday. I am sorry for the frustration this is causing you." What a bunch of crap! You would think they could call someone or look something up to see why the car "has not been touched since October 10th.!"

WTF :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Is the Reg. Rep. MC ?

Do you have his e-mail, or are you getting the watered down version from the dealer ?

I've been e-mailing him directly. In fact, I've sent a few choice e-mails this morning and they "seem" to be working on it again. No I have a name of another higher up who is "trying to figure it out" but no e-mail for her.

I've been e-mailing him directly. In fact, I've sent a few choice e-mails this morning and they "seem" to be working on it again. No I have a name of another higher up who is "trying to figure it out" but no e-mail for her.

I hope things turn around soon for you. I hope your rep. goes the extra mile for you. Keep us posted.

I think I remember reading on this forum how someone elses car was missing for a month or so and it just showed up one day. Hopefully the same will happen with mine as well. Then I can be :shift:

And you can give me a ride in your new Shelby. Remember ?

Bribe: I will buy lunch.

Archived