TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Griggs functional air extraction hood

since we can't get the deep draw hood here's another option

thanks Colin,

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...st&id=43829

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...st&id=43830

Now that's a functional hood. Too bad I'm not feeling it for my ride. I like The Heat Extractor Hood from GoodHood. It looks close to the GT-H.

056-325_1.jpg

I thought Amy said in another post that the deep draw would be available. :headscratch: With all the problems my hood has, I should get one for free. Stripes, scoop, pins, corrosion, it's got it all with 200 miles on it!

That is not likely to happen! Seeing as how your issues began prior to delivery you need to take this up with your dealer. You did accept the car in this condition, correct?

thanks Colin,

What's the ETA on availability?

That is not likely to happen! Seeing as how your issues began prior to delivery you need to take this up with your dealer. You did accept the car in this condition, correct?

As if his issues are isolated?! Give me a break. :censored:

Coming out of Griggs, I bet ya that sucker works.

Jim

Colin told me last weekend that he gained 15mph+ on the back straight at Infineon Raceway, JUST by adding this hood.

Ricer? Are you kidding me? It looks badass IMO. I'd dump my NON-functional 'scoop' in a heartbeat for this.

Ken

I don't get it. If you accept a new car "in this condition", does that mean you don't have a warranty?

Looks like it belongs on a ricer to me.. JMHO...

Yeah to be honest I had my doubts too but I think its just because of the color of my car, and again its function over form. I attached a picture of what it would look like in matte black. And it looks awesome in person.

It is obviously going to let a lot more air escape than the "GoodHood"

Colin told me last weekend that he gained 15mph+ on the back straight at Infineon Raceway, JUST by adding this hood.

Ricer? Are you kidding me? It looks badass IMO. I'd dump my NON-functional 'scoop' in a heartbeat for this.

Ken

No, one of our customers gained 15MPH in his race car on the back straight of California Speedway just changing to this hood. I wish I gained 15MPH at Infineon :lol:

I did notice however that the is faster in the straights and looser in the corners as I have more front grip now especially at speed. I will most likely have to make some adjustments to the car just from the hood change, it made that much difference.

Pricing and availability are being worked on. The blue car has the first prototype "street" hood meaning it uses the factory hinges and latch.

I'll keep you guys posted as things develop.

For example: We are going to make it fit even the tallest superchargers on the GT500.

Colin Sebern

Griggs Racing

post-22916-1240616917_thumb.jpg

post-22916-1240616917_thumb.jpg

Roger, you know I did take the car with these issues and Shelby has sent the parts to fix it. However, the hood still needs to be repainted now due to the blistering around the hood pins. Sending a new painted hood in fiberglass would have been a nicer longer-lasting option. All of these issues will redevelop as they are the same parts except for the scoop. If Shelby thinks that is more cost effective then so be it.

• 2 months later...
Yeah to be honest I had my doubts too but I think its just because of the color of my car, and again its function over form. I attached a picture of what it would look like in matte black. And it looks awesome in person.

It is obviously going to let a lot more air escape than the "GoodHood"

No, one of our customers gained 15MPH in his race car on the back straight of California Speedway just changing to this hood. I wish I gained 15MPH at Infineon :lol:

I did notice however that the is faster in the straights and looser in the corners as I have more front grip now especially at speed. I will most likely have to make some adjustments to the car just from the hood change, it made that much difference.

Pricing and availability are being worked on. The blue car has the first prototype "street" hood meaning it uses the factory hinges and latch.

I'll keep you guys posted as things develop.

For example: We are going to make it fit even the tallest superchargers on the GT500.

Colin Sebern

Griggs Racing

Colin, any updates on the Griggs/Tiger Racing Air Extraction Hood?

The manufacturer is looking for a 2007-2009 GT500 with a tall aftermarket supercharger to test for fitment of superchargers of that nature. The person who lets their car be used for fitment test will receive at very low cost (cost of materials).

The hood is available now in lift off form (no frame, requires pins on all four corners) in fiberglass ($695) or carbon fiber ($1295).

The owner of the GT500 would need to live in Reno/Fernely NV, or Riverside/Pomona CA area.

Colin

thanks Colin,

index-2.jpg

index-1.jpg

The deep draw hood is available to current shalby owners according to Ms. Boylan. See my thread in questions to Amy under post rental GTH SC package.

The deep draw hood is available to current shalby owners according to Ms. Boylan. See my thread in questions to Amy under post rental GTH SC package.

she needs to tell SPP that, they keep saying no. I checked 2 weeks ago and SPP said you have to buy one of the complete up fit package.

The manufacturer is looking for a 2007-2009 GT500 with a tall aftermarket supercharger to test for fitment of superchargers of that nature. The person who lets their car be used for fitment test will receive at very low cost (cost of materials).

The hood is available now in lift off form (no frame, requires pins on all four corners) in fiberglass ($695) or carbon fiber ($1295).

The owner of the GT500 would need to live in Reno/Fernely NV, or Riverside/Pomona CA area.

Colin

thanks Colin. are they still going to make a standard lift/hinge unit?

Collin, do you have data on the change in underhood pressure with your hood? pressure should go down if air flow and cooling are increased, as pressure building underhood is often an issue. My stock gt500 hood would build about 2.5" water peak with max speed of only 127mph at sebring. With my bellypan (which did not work btw, learning experience) pressure went to 3" and the car got much hotter much quicker, so even a .5 change had an effect. This was measured with a digital datalogging manometer, commonly used in HVAC design.

Collin, do you have data on the change in underhood pressure with your hood? pressure should go down if air flow and cooling are increased, as pressure building underhood is often an issue. My stock gt500 hood would build about 2.5" water peak with max speed of only 127mph at sebring. With my bellypan (which did not work btw, learning experience) pressure went to 3" and the car got much hotter much quicker, so even a .5 change had an effect. This was measured with a digital datalogging manometer, commonly used in HVAC design.

An excellent question. The answer is no. However if you want to send me a manometer to use for testing I would be happy to perform several different tests using both hoods at different speeds and forward you the results. I have a buddy in the CHP so I can go and do whatever high speed testing I need and not go to jail.

I can tell you however that the handling characteristics of the car changed after installing the hood. I have noticeably more front end grip at speed than I did with the stock hood.

Colin

Were you using the OEM plastic cover or some aftermarket belly pan? If aftermarket, which one?

Is it somehow not a good idea to use the OEM cover underneath the engine on the track, due to this pressure increase, or am I misreading this?

Thanks for any other info.

Ken

Here is her post I was talking about.

hi, none of the blower upgrades require a hood change and we have an upgrade kit available, all the things you listed are already available, and including the Depp draw hood for current shelby owners. email Bud

Here is her post I was talking about.

hi, none of the blower upgrades require a hood change and we have an upgrade kit available, all the things you listed are already available, and including the Depp draw hood for current shelby owners. email Bud

thanks, I'll see if Bud can help

Archived