TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Our Shelby is in the hospital.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got to thank everyone who helped in this thread. I have a Brenspeed tune for 87, 91 and 93. Since 91 is all I could find I was thinking about buying a boost product. Not anymore. Thanks again for saving me from the agony and expense... :salute:

This has been one of the best threads for me lately (unfortunately).

Of course now I have a question for those of you that had Ford replace plugs.... I just got off the phone with the service manager and I was told the plugs are $20 each for $160 and the labor would be three hours for aprox $350!!!!!!!!!!

I've seen $150 for 7 plugs which I believe your dealer hooked you up with the one plug idea to cover labor in your case. Of course this is very nice if I'm right.....

I saw one for the $175 range on this string so what gives with the $500 estimate I'm getting here? I haven't lost all of my technical skills so I'm pretty sure I can handle plugs but seriously, $500? I would probably bite for $250 total but I would still feel taken....

Any ideas out there? three hours (book) labor seems VERY excessive!

This has been one of the best threads for me lately (unfortunately).

Of course now I have a question for those of you that had Ford replace plugs.... I just got off the phone with the service manager and I was told the plugs are $20 each for $160 and the labor would be three hours for aprox $350!!!!!!!!!!

I've seen $150 for 7 plugs which I believe your dealer hooked you up with the one plug idea to cover labor in your case. Of course this is very nice if I'm right.....

I saw one for the $175 range on this string so what gives with the $500 estimate I'm getting here? I haven't lost all of my technical skills so I'm pretty sure I can handle plugs but seriously, $500? I would probably bite for $250 total but I would still feel taken....

Any ideas out there? three hours (book) labor seems VERY excessive!

theres no way it takes three hours to change 8 plugs, hell it doesnt even take 15 minutes!? my advice buy the plugs put them in your self.

Archived