TEAM SHELBY FORUM

FYI 2010 info from my dealer

Bish

I just got this from my dealer in Flat Rock, MI, bummer!

IMPORTANT - 2010 MY Shelby GT500 Timing Update

2010 MY Shelby GT500's began production in February along with the new body style Mustang. We stopped building GT500's a few weeks back due to plant constraints and won't resume again until the week of May 4th. As a result, everything that is scheduled or will be scheduled is pushed back. Most of what was scheduled last month and what will be scheduled this month will be June production. In addition, we're only going to schedule a small number of Shelby GT500's in June, which will help us catch up. If necessary, please contact your customers to set their expectations accordingly.

First ordered my Shelby Vert in Feb 09 and was told it would be April till I got it. It was then pushed back till May. I received my Vin the other day from the dealer and called Ford up and was told yesterday that it had the first week of June for the build date. Guess I'll get it sometime or the other. Don't really think the dealers know anything on whats going on.

I got an email from my dealer today and I too have a build week of May 4th, actual build day is May 7th. He said once he sees a build day and not just a week that its pretty much set and it should be built then so we shall see.

ZDOG & Fred, that's good news for the both of you, my dealer says he's hopeful for my order to built in June, but without a VIN number yet I'm not so sure.

I thought the email my dealer shared with me from his regional Rep was interesting in regards to GT500 production being stopped due to plant constraints, I wonder what that is code for? :headscratch:

But I did see a full car carrier of Camaros today in metro Detroit, looks like they might be hitting the lots this week.

ZDOG & Fred, that's good news for the both of you, my dealer says he's hopeful for my order to built in June, but without a VIN number yet I'm not so sure.

I thought the email my dealer shared with me from his regional Rep was interesting in regards to GT500 production being stopped due to plant constraints, I wonder what that is code for? :headscratch:

But I did see a full car carrier of Camaros today in metro Detroit, looks like they might be hitting the lots this week.

I contacted Foed via email yesterday ( since I got my vin last week ) and got aresponse of my build date. My car was ordered Feb 2 (for a MAY build as per the dealer info ) but now the email from FORD says it will be built the week of June 1 - June 8 with delivery 2 weeks afte that.

THIS IS THE 1ST CONCRETE PIECE OF INFO I RECEIVED. THERE WAS NO EXPLANATION OF THE DELAY.

I contacted Foed via email yesterday ( since I got my vin last week ) and got aresponse of my build date. My car was ordered Feb 2 (for a MAY build as per the dealer info ) but now the email from FORD says it will be built the week of June 1 - June 8 with delivery 2 weeks afte that.

THIS IS THE 1ST CONCRETE PIECE OF INFO I RECEIVED. THERE WAS NO EXPLANATION OF THE DELAY.

can you post a link where you emailed Ford please

Don't really think the dealers know anything on whats going on.

Well, you're correct about that. I work for a large volume Ford dealer and I order all of our SVT/Shelby products. As a Mustang enthusiast, I try to stay on top of stuff like this. However, Ford hasn't scheduled any of ours and we can't seem to get any info on why, so we're in the dark like most every other dealer.

I just got this from my dealer in Flat Rock, MI, bummer!

IMPORTANT - 2010 MY Shelby GT500 Timing Update

2010 MY Shelby GT500's began production in February along with the new body style Mustang. We stopped building GT500's a few weeks back due to plant constraints and won't resume again until the week of May 4th. As a result, everything that is scheduled or will be scheduled is pushed back. Most of what was scheduled last month and what will be scheduled this month will be June production. In addition, we're only going to schedule a small number of Shelby GT500's in June, which will help us catch up. If necessary, please contact your customers to set their expectations accordingly.

Mine was ordered in December and built March 17 went back to the factory on March 24 nothing new from that.

Cobra 09

Not to be a Gloomy Gus :cry: But when the car is built is not too important. I ordered mine Dec 08 it was built March 17 still no car! My suggestion is when you contact Ford ask when you can expect delivery to your dealer. :shift:

Blessings,

Cobra 09

I was told by my dealer today that my build date is today 4/27 and he expects it to be delivered in 3 weeks. He said that there are no delay/hold notifications.

Great news, that seems like a week earlier than they said production would resume , a good sign!

I called Ford today they gave me a build date of May 7th. Vin last six is 112936 could not give me a delivery date. Why does delivering the vehicles seem to be such a problem after they are built? :headscratch:

I too have the same build date, and similar vin (actually its 112973). There are alot of variables after they are built, I know striping times could vary and tranist times depending where you live in the US. I just called the customer service line and I was told an estimated delivery date of 5/11 and a build date of 5/7? Im not sure how accurate that is but the lady explained that the build date she is giving me is also called the last maintenance date which is the last day the factory has the car and it rolls out to be shipped. Either way it sounds like the car should be here by the end of May!

You should try calling the 800-392-3673 number to verify when your build date is as long as you have your VIN. I will be calling tommorow to make sure nothing has changed, I have a build date of next thursday.

Called that number talked to someone who knew less about it than me... well not me, but really she told me the same thing my dealer said and she had no idea when it would be shipped, built March 17th.

Good Luck,

Cobra 09

I called Ford today they gave me a build date of May 7th. Vin last six is 112936 could not give me a delivery date. Why does delivering the vehicles seem to be such a problem after they are built? :headscratch:

You know I think everyone who has a vin# should call Ford every day for a status. at some point someone is going to give up some info as to a projected delivery date. I called today and she said my status was awaiting shipping, so I said when was it built she said uh... February.

Cobra 09

I have a feeling we should see something by the end of next week or the week after at the latest. The "hold" should be over starting next week and those made should be shipping along with the ones that are schduled to be built next week.

I have a feeling we should see something by the end of next week or the week after at the latest. The "hold" should be over starting next week and those made should be shipping along with the ones that are schduled to be built next week.

Hope you are right. But on what do you make that feeling, gut?

Cobra09

Yeah just a gut feeling and all the information I have gathered from this site and others. My build date was originally scheduled for early April, but was pushed every week I checked due to the reasons in the beginning of this post. My dealer confirmend 2 weeks ago I have a build date of May 7th, and it still hasnt changed as of thursday which leads me to believe its finally going to get built. Thats the reasons why I think the end of next week we might have some more answers as to whats going on.

Yeah just a gut feeling and all the information I have gathered from this site and others. My build date was originally scheduled for early April, but was pushed every week I checked due to the reasons in the beginning of this post. My dealer confirmend 2 weeks ago I have a build date of May 7th, and it still hasnt changed as of thursday which leads me to believe its finally going to get built. Thats the reasons why I think the end of next week we might have some more answers as to whats going on.

I just searched 3367 Ford dealers inventory for any 2010 GT500 vehicles and I found no invoices, we are still a few weeks out before dealers will be receiving 2010 GT500 inventory. I will post inventory for you when it hits FMC dealer!

Tom

I am almost 100% sure this has to do with the UAW strike regarding the American Axle plant. I dont want to turn this into a political thread but the geniuses at UAW thought by striking for 90 days that AA would give in to union demands. Well AA has moved production to Mexico because of the UAW and this strike costing AA so much money

Archived