TEAM SHELBY FORUM

First Shelby GT @Barrett-Jackson in January

crispy23c

Check this out:

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/carlist/car..._LotNumber=1300

"4.6 Liter V8 with Shelby performance, suspension and appearance upgrades. Serial #001 and the first Shelby GT offered to the public. Proceeds of the sale will benefit the Carroll Shelby Children¿s Foundation."

Great cause for sure. Great idea, too! I mean that from the bottom of my heart.

So.....what scares me????? :sos:

All the greedy as :censored: dealers who will see serial #001 go for big bucks (as any Serial #1 collectible should), and point to the results (surely in the hundreds of thousands of $$$), and say:

Looky at what Barrett-Jackson got for theirs!!!! $20k adm!!!!

Too bad these jackholes see a charity as an opportunity to ream the Ford faithful yet again..... :finger:

There goes the neighborhood..... :rant:

I have to agree with you. Fortunately I was only willing to get taken for a bit extra on the GT500. (Picking mine up next week). I'll eventually own a Shelby GT as well, but that'll be at least 5 years down the road. Considering a Shelby GT-H went for $225,000 or so at a charity auction and it was 1 of 500 (not sure if that was #001), I'll say this one will end at about the same considering it is Barret-Jackson.

Check this out:

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/carlist/car..._LotNumber=1300

"4.6 Liter V8 with Shelby performance, suspension and appearance upgrades. Serial #001 and the first Shelby GT offered to the public. Proceeds of the sale will benefit the Carroll Shelby Children¿s Foundation."

Great cause for sure. Great idea, too! I mean that from the bottom of my heart.

So.....what scares me????? :sos:

All the greedy as :censored: dealers who will see serial #001 go for big bucks (as any Serial #1 collectible should), and point to the results (surely in the hundreds of thousands of $$$), and say:

Looky at what Barrett-Jackson got for theirs!!!! $20k adm!!!!

Too bad these jackholes see a charity as an opportunity to ream the Ford faithful yet again..... :finger:

There goes the neighborhood..... :rant:

It's not so bad that when BJ conducts these auctions, and gets some astronomical figure over MSRP (if they give the procedes to charity) however, what is bad is that the dealer and selling network see these prices, and then misinterpret this as what the 'market value' for the car actually is, and then states "..well...BJ had theirs at 20k over sticker and sold it, so I think I will too." That's just complete ignoramic greed. What's even worse, is when Joe Public walks in and fooloishly pays this newly demanded ADM. One after another, paying ADM (now creating the actual market price mind you). And when those who decide to to pay these ADMs, buys their car, it truly adds to the hype. In the end, each and every one who does end up paying ADM (whether he knows it or not) contributes to the problem and f#ks things up for everybody who wants to pay what the banks, Edmunds, Ford, financially responsible buying public agree the price (MSRP) should be. But then again, everybody does what he wants to do, spending their money the way they want to. This phenomena has been discussed to death.

:beatdeadhorse:

It's not so bad that when BJ conducts these auctions, and gets some astronomical figure over MSRP (if they give the procedes to charity) however, what is bad is that the dealer and selling network see these prices, and then misinterpret this as what the 'market value' for the car actually is, and then quotes "..well BJ had theirs at 20k over sticker and sold it, so I think I will too." That's just complete ignorance. What's even worse, is when Joe Public walks in and fooloishly pays this new ADM. One after another, paying ADM (now creating the actual market price). And when those who decide to to pay these ADMs, buys their car, it truly adds to the hype. In the end, each and every one who does end up paying ADM (whether he knows it or not) contributes to the problem and f#ks things up for everybody who wants to pay what the banks, Edmunds, Ford, financially responsible buying public agrees the price (MSRP) should be. But then again, everybody does what he wants to do, spending their money the way they want to. Butthen again, this phenomena has been discussed to death.

:beatdeadhorse:

I am guilty but I agree 100%.

Archived