TEAM SHELBY FORUM

? for thoses that have their cars

wildthing530000

for the ones that have your cars. are you afraid to let it out of your sight ? worrie about some idiot dinging it up. i know when the ford GT came out a few of my friends said how nice it would be to have, but what do you do with the car ? not like your going to park it at the mall. not even sure i want a slob at the garage changeing the oil in it.... :drop:

for the ones that have your cars. are you afraid to let it out of your sight ? worrie about some idiot dinging it up. i know when the ford GT came out a few of my friends said how nice it would be to have, but what do you do with the car ? not like your going to park it at the mall. not even sure i want a slob at the garage changeing the oil in it.... :drop:

I feel your pain. Thats why I change the oil myself and pray for no warranty work. Mods will be by me as well.

The certified mechanic who changed my oil today at the Ford dealer is the proud owner of an '03 Cobra, and he seemed quite capable of appreciating what he was dealing with. As for the mall, I agree, you are on your own!

But by this standard, folks should demand to be mailed all of the parts themselves so they can assemble it, lest some "slob" at the plant :censored: it up.

Then again, we'd have to fabricate all the parts ourselves, too.

Rubber tree plant, anyone?

Oil well for petroleum based.....

:stop:

:stats:

The certified mechanic who changed my oil today at the Ford dealer is the proud owner of an '03 Cobra, and he seemed quite capable of appreciating what he was dealing with. As for the mall, I agree, you are on your own!

But by this standard, folks should demand to be mailed all of the parts themselves so they can assemble it, lest some "slob" at the plant :censored: it up.

Then again, we'd have to fabricate all the parts ourselves, too.

Rubber tree plant, anyone?

Oil well for petroleum based.....

:stop:

I don't think i've ever taken a vehicle to the dealer for anything that it didn't come back with some issue. People just don't seem to give a :censored: . It's obvious that you can't build your own car, but the less contact you have with others doing the work if you're capable, the better off you will be. Sure, I can afford to pay for the oil change, but if I do it I know it's right. You don't know if you'll always get the A guy. If you hang out and wait and babysit your car it will take two hours. I can change my oil in 20 minutes with no travel time. Just my opinion.

I don't think i've ever taken a vehicle to the dealer for anything that it didn't come back with some issue. People just don't seem to give a :censored: . It's obvious that you can't build your own car, but the less contact you have with others doing the work if you're capable, the better off you will be. Sure, I can afford to pay for the oil change, but if I do it I know it's right. You don't know if you'll always get the A guy. If you hang out and wait and babysit your car it will take two hours. I can change my oil in 20 minutes with no travel time. Just my opinion.

Fair point. If you can do it yourself, do it. :banana piano:

And if there IS warranty work, pop that NRA LIFE MEMBER sticker on the window and leave a few shell casings for your Remington Wingmaster in the cup holders...

Free advice: If you have to leave your car for service - take some time.

Ask the service writer to introduce you to your tech.

Be friendly - don't call him a "slob." (I used to be a grease pit guy and take offense at that - I treated all the cars as if they were mine)

Let him know how you feel about your car. If he's a car guy - he'll be able to tell - because you brought the car in clean and neat.

And - then do what you do in many other contexts - give him a decent tip. A ten spot in the hand and "take care of my baby" will do wonders most times.

Finally, brush back your sport coat while you're talking and let him see the Glock on your belt. :shift:

Be friendly - don't call him a "slob." (I used to be a grease pit guy and take offense at that - I treated all the cars as if they were mine)

Let him know how you feel about your car. If he's a car guy - he'll be able to tell - because you brought the car in clean and neat.

And - then do what you do in many other contexts - give him a decent tip. A ten spot in the hand and "take care of my baby" will do wonders most times.

Finally, brush back your sport coat while you're talking and let him see the Glock on your belt. :shift:

Amen! Excellent advice.

:banana piano:

And if there IS warranty work, pop that NRA LIFE MEMBER sticker on the window and leave a few shell casings for your Remington Wingmaster in the cup holders...

Warms my heart to see that there are other guys out there that think the way I do. :rolleyes: :D

DLW

I am going to have to be very careful with mine. I definitely am keeping a 9mm in it (I have a license to carry a concealed weapon). It makes a nice target for a carjack I would think. I have to remember to take out the weapon if I ever take it someplace for work to be done on it. ;)

sorry didn't mean to insult anybody. but the horrior stories , at local ford dealer my dad took his truck for oil change , tech changes oil but NOT the filter. in march the motor in my truck was ruined when it went in for repair of antifreeze leak , tech did not change oil leaveing antifreeze in oil. there are other stories but you get the ideal..... :sos:

Not all mechanics are slobs. I was a tech for 8 years...trust me, I'm no slob. I get your point though, you want to be careful who works on your car...that's fair.

sport coat? you mean the one with the leather elbows and a special pocket for your pipe filled with Borkum Riff?

Archived