TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser Cover

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You will love the way it looks on the car! BIG improvement over the plastic!

Like I had mentioned in another thread related to this CF diffuser, if nothing else it finishes the CF look that was started in the front and down the sides and buying it at $600 plus shipping (which is just over $100 because of its size) is much better than $800+ plus shipping.

I believe (but am not positive), that someone told me they had priced a replacement front splitter from Shelby for their Super Snake, the cost was over $700? I think? If this is the case, $600 for this rear diffuser with its much larger mass was a Great deal!!................and then like I said, it completes the look.

R

Like I had mentioned in another thread related to this CF diffuser, if nothing else it finishes the CF look that was started in the front and down the sides and buying it at $600 plus shipping (which is just over $100 because of its size) is much better than $800+ plus shipping.

I believe (but am not positive), that someone told me they had priced a replacement front splitter from Shelby for their Super Snake, the cost was over $700? I think? If this is the case, $600 for this rear diffuser with its much larger mass was a Great deal!!................and then like I said, it completes the look.

R

Yes, the front is about $650 from Shelby. This piece covers a much bigger area. :happy feet:

Here are some installation tips that I would like to share with you from my install. :)

1) Leave a couple of weep hole gaps in the bottom adheasive/sealer for moisture to drain.

2) Trim the adheasive tip for a 1/8" bead for the diffuser to facia seam.

3) Be prepared to use a lot of squeeze/grip force for the caulking gun for the 3M adheasive. Similar to gripping the handle bars of a big bore dirt bike at throttle wide open!

If you use a 3/16 bead at the seam (as suggested in the instructions) it will be way to much sealer and you will have a big mess on your hands and lots of excess sealer to clean up. Run the bead at a 45 degree angle forcing the sealer into the seam and any gaps that are present.

I also waited untill the next day to install the bottom screws and the mud flaps. When I installed the bottom screws shortly after the adheasion, they pulled the top edge away from the facia producing a 1/16"-1/8" gap in several areas, so I backed them off and the gaps went away.

One last tip, don't wait to long to work and smooth the sealer. It is not as forgiving as a silicone sealer, it sets up relatively fast and has a granular consistancy producing a less than slick finish, but will match the texture of the original plastic.

Hope this helps! B)

Here are some installation tips that I would like to share with you from my install. :)

1) Leave a couple of weep hole gaps in the bottom adheasive/sealer for moisture to drain.

2) Trim the adheasive tip for a 1/8" bead for the diffuser to facia seam.

3) Be prepared to use a lot of squeeze/grip force for the caulking gun for the 3M adheasive. Similar to gripping the handle bars of a big bore dirt bike at throttle wide open!

If you use a 3/16 bead at the seam (as suggested in the instructions) it will be way to much sealer and you will have a big mess on your hands and lots of excess sealer to clean up. Run the bead at a 45 degree angle forcing the sealer into the seam and any gaps that are present.

I also waited untill the next day to install the bottom screws and the mud flaps. When I installed the bottom screws shortly after the adheasion, they pulled the top edge away from the facia producing a 1/16"-1/8" gap in several areas, so I backed them off and the gaps went away.

One last tip, don't wait to long to work and smooth the sealer. It is not as forgiving as a silicone sealer, it sets up relatively fast and has a granular consistancy producing a less than slick finish, but will match the texture of the original plastic.

Hope this helps! B)

PICS

Here are some pics of my install.

Reardiffuser001.jpg

Reardiffuser002.jpg

Reardiffuser004.jpg

Reardiffuser005.jpg

Reardiffuser006.jpg

Reardiffuser007.jpg

Wow!!! I did not see the installed pictures of your diffuser until now. It looks Great!! I got mine today, diffuser, fasteners, tube of caulk, tip, but no instructions. Could I also get a copy of the instructions you have? I will send a PM to you.

Thanks, Robert

• 4 weeks later...
Here are some pics of my install.

Reardiffuser001.jpg

Reardiffuser002.jpg

Reardiffuser004.jpg

Reardiffuser005.jpg

Reardiffuser006.jpg

Reardiffuser007.jpg

Did you get the email from Scott C. regarding the CF rear mud flaps that are soon to be released, to complete the rear CF look? That is pretty cool, they are doing those flaps in CF also. I am number two on the list. As with the original CF diffuser, he says that there is an "pre-sale offering", it is 20% off currently. He said he would send pictures soon.

From what I understand in the email, the front side of each CF flap will have some sort of undercoating, (probably rubberized), to keep the protected from stones and other debris.

R

Did you get the email from Scott C. regarding the CF rear mud flaps that are soon to be released, to complete the rear CF look? That is pretty cool, they are doing those flaps in CF also. I am number two on the list. As with the original CF diffuser, he says that there is an "pre-sale offering", it is 20% off currently. He said he would send pictures soon.

From what I understand in the email, the front side of each CF flap will have some sort of undercoating, (probably rubberized), to keep the protected from stones and other debris.

R

Robert, I'm right behind you at number 3, but he offered me 40% off...just kidding :hysterical: . Darn that Scott, looks like another month of beans and rice! :spend:

• 2 weeks later...

NEW NEWS! Raceskins is now selling Carbon Fiber Mud Flaps to go with the Rear Diffuser we all ordered! This will be the Last Piece of Black Plastic to be replaced by CF. If we get enough people interested I will get us all a Discount as a GROUP BUY!!

NEW NEWS! Raceskins is now selling Carbon Fiber Mud Flaps to go with the Rear Diffuser we all ordered! This will be the Last Piece of Black Plastic to be replaced by CF. If we get enough people interested I will get us all a Discount as a GROUP BUY!!

Get ahold of Scott C. at raceskinz and get on the list with some of us that were on the group for the diffuser buy that you initiated for us. They are now offering a 20% discount for a early purchase sign up.

Read the post by Robert M (that's me) at beginning of this page..........

R

Archived