TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I got seriazed last night

moabman

Got a call this morning that my order was finally serialized. :headspin:

Now, how do I follow the construction? I've got the automated phone number but it doesn't give much info.

Dave has a great FAQ section, but I can not find it. Does any one know which thread it is in ?

Duh :doh: ! I searched and got Alloy Dave's FAQ site here:

FAQ's here

It has some good info and a link on the tire pressure questions I was asking. It also explains the different acronyms that benchmark the manufacturing process. It tells how to get an update (no more than once-a-week ) once I have a VIN but doesn't say how to get that. So... any help would be appreciated and thanks for the tip Rob!

here you go hope this helps.

What are all the different Production Stages, and what do they mean?

Receipt Date: The date that MS&S recorded the order.

When the order is received from the dealers

Serialize Date: The date that MS&S transfers the order to MP&L and the VIN is created.

When the order is received by Material Planning and parts are ordered

Segment Date: The date that MP&L determines which week the order will be built.

When they figure what week that parts will be able to be delivered to the plant to build the vehicle

Sequence Date: The date that MP&L determines which day the order will be built.

When they figure what day that parts can be at the plant to build the vehicle

Blend Date: The date that MP&L determines when the order will be built within the assigned day.

When they figure the specific order that vehicles will be built. This depends on options and line constraints.

Produced Date: The date that VO finished assembling the vehicle

Your unit has been built!

Gate Release Date: The date that VO transfers the vehicle to Transportation Carriers for shipping

Your unit has left the building, and is in the hands of the shipper (rail or truck)

Ship Date: The date the vehicle left the Assembly Plant

Your unit has left the load site, and is on it's way to the dealer

Arrival Date: The date the Dealership received the vehicle

Your dealer has the unit in hand, doing the dealer prep thingy

Sold Date: The date the Customer picked up the vehicle

You came in, looked it over, said, "I'll take it!" and signed the papers

My vehicle has shipped, now what can I do?

Once your vehicle gets to Ship Date you can call VOPC (1-800-962-3746) to get a Railcar Number (The bottom of your window sticker says "Method of Transp," convoy mean railcar). You must speak to an Analyst to get the railcar number. They may ask you for the following information:

1. Your Dealer Code: Found on your order sheet

2. Your Name: Use your salespersons First and Last name

3. VIN or Order #: (I chose VIN so I don't know what they ask for with the order #)

For VIN: They ask for the first 2 digits (Mustangs are 1Z) and the last 8.

-THEN-

With a Railcar#, we can track your vehicle through several rail systems to let you know when to clean the garage. It is also helpful if you think your dealer may sell your vehicle out from under you, as we have all witnessed here. Information just seems to help keep them honest...

Other Frequently Asked Question

Q: I heard I can get a .PDF of my Window Sticker, when and how?

A: Usually a day after Blend Date has been reached the Window Stickers are available. Just post your request, and if it's in the system, we'll post it for you.

Q: What does CONVOY mean on the Window Sticker under Shipping?

A: Shipped via train, on a railcar

Q: Why do some window stickers have someone's name on it?

A: A/X/Z/D 'plan' ordered cars get names on the stickers if 'Plan' ordered from the beginning. You'll see

names like 'X00name00X'

Q: How long will it take from start to finish or from one production stage to the next?

A: They vary! Receipt to Serialize depends on allocation/priority. Serialize to Segment is typically the same day. Blend Date to Produced Date typically takes a week. Typically, Production to Gate Release is the same or one day apart. Gate Release and Ship are usually the same day. Production from start to finish is usually within 24 hours.

Q: What the heck is an ERL?

A: Evil Robot Lady. The voice on the VOPC auto system.

Some things I would change in the above-

You can no longer get a .pdf of your sticker. The gentleman who was doing this service no longer can. Also, just going through this process, I can say my status has been updated more than once a week if there is a reason to update it. Once serialized, your dealership can get your VIN for you, but it's much easier calling the VOPC for updates using the automated system along with your dealer number and order number. Once you reach the week of the build, you can call more regularly for updates with ETA to the dealer changing almost daily for me. First, it was build on the 10th, ETA to the dealer on the 24th, then the next day it was the 20th. Once the car is built, you can get the status of the shipment, but only as to what method it's shipped and the date.

There are a few guys on Blueovalnews.com employee forums who can check the status once you have a VIN, so check with them.

Thanks Jcain & embalmer! I had the number and have called every night (geez, I hope I don't get my dealer in trouble). I had talked to the dealer yesterday because Thursday's are supposed to be the special days when batches get updated. My salesperson said that he knew they were getting a 18" wheel build allocated this week but didn't know if it was mine. I would have deleted the 18" inch option if I had known that it was going to hold up the build. Especially because I'm going to swap out the rims for some F500 rims and a set of 255/45/zr18's. The rouble is that I had already arranged to sell them to my brother-in-law for his 2005 GT coupe that has the 17's and he is really excited to get them.

I got the good news this morning that it was my car. I immediately called the number and it said that the order has been serialized and is awaiting a schedule date and ETA. That makes me think that all I can do is find out the schedule date and ETA as the VOPC is updated. Any ideas?

Finally, I love this site! I'm 53 and this is the 1st new car that I have ever bought. I have been a Mustang fanatic since the 60's. I remember getting a floppy 45 size recording through the mail of Carroll Shelby taking the original GT 500 around the track at Riverside and narrating the ride by calling out RPM's and speeds over that big 427 roar. I played that recording until it wore out, dreaming about the GT 500 all the time.

I was amazed when the new Mustang was released. It had everything I wanted; retro styling and a nice, strong small block V8, not the 427 but a nice light aluminum block with the potential to make more HP. Here was my chance to make up for lost time. I waited and thought, waited and dreamed, and finally, after they started the $500 cash back program, decided to buy one.

The waiting is killing me but this site is making it a little more bearable. Great advice about a great subject- who could ask for more... OK maybe a VIN, schedule date, build date, ship date, & ETA? I'm just hoping that Christmas comes a little early this year.

Thanks Jcain & embalmer! I had the number and have called every night (geez, I hope I don't get my dealer in trouble). I had talked to the dealer yesterday because Thursday's are supposed to be the special days when batches get updated.

I got the good news this morning that it was my car. I immediately called the number and it said that the order has been serialized and is awaiting a schedule date and ETA. That makes me think that all I can do is find out the schedule date and ETA as the VOPC is updated. Any ideas?

The waiting is killing me but this site is making it a little more bearable. Great advice about a great subject- who could ask for more... OK maybe a VIN, schedule date, build date, ship date, & ETA? I'm just hoping that Christmas comes a little early this year.

Here was my timeframe:

Receipt Date: 8/17/2006

Serialize Date: 10/13/2006

Segment Date: 10/13/2006

Sequence Date: 10/25/2006

Blend Date: 11/1/2006

Produced Date: 11/10/2006

Gate Release Date: 11/10/2006

Ship Date: 11/10/2006

Hopefully delivered on Monday, November 20th as per the ERL. I ordered from a small dealership in northern Illinois with a small allocation. I'm guessing the larger dealerships will be able to shave a month off those times.

I also frequent The Mustang Source and Mustang forums?. There's a lot of good info there.

Got a call this morning that my order was finally serialized. :headspin:

Now, how do I follow the construction? I've got the automated phone number but it doesn't give much info.

Hey congrats!!! Shouldn't be to long before your tooling around in your new Stang!!! :happy feet:

Hey congrats!!! Shouldn't be to long before your tooling around in your new Stang!!! :happy feet:

Thanks 90GT and that's a beauty on your signature!

Here was my timeframe:

Receipt Date: 8/17/2006

Serialize Date: 10/13/2006

Segment Date: 10/13/2006

Sequence Date: 10/25/2006

Blend Date: 11/1/2006

Produced Date: 11/10/2006

Gate Release Date: 11/10/2006

Ship Date: 11/10/2006

Hopefully delivered on Monday, November 20th as per the ERL. I ordered from a small dealership in northern Illinois with a small allocation. I'm guessing the larger dealerships will be able to shave a month off those times.

I also frequent The Mustang Source and Mustang forums?. There's a lot of good info there.

Bet you're not going to get a lot of sleep between now and Monday! Let us know when you get "the call"

Bet you're not going to get a lot of sleep between now and Monday! Let us know when you get "the call"

I've spoken with my salesman today. I told him not to let the 16 year old car washers drill holes in my front bumper cover for the license plate bracket. I'm getting one that mounts from underneath. Also, I wanted to check on the status of incentives and such so I know going in what I'm going to pay. I might just stake out the dealership Monday after work - they usually get their cars in the early evening and I want to be there as it's "born" off the transport. I watched the birth of my 3 children and although this will never compare, it will be much more exciting than sitting at home waiting for the call!

This is me next week (hopefully) :shift::yahoo:

I didn't even think about the license plate thing, but my salesman was smart enough to have them not drill or put it on. He threw it in the trunk for me in case I get stopped.

In NY it's a "law" that you need to have it on front and back, but you're not going to get pulled over for it. If anything, it gives the cop a reason to give you a ticket for a missing license plate instead of doing 90 in a 65. :)

Archived