TEAM SHELBY FORUM

First Brush with Law Enforcement and No Front Plate

500HP GT

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At what point do you succomb to the law and mount the plate? That's a question I may have to ask myself down the road.

This is going to sound SO bad, but hey, there's no reason why I can't be honest with my friends. :)

I guess I'll stop when they REALLY throw the book at me. The fine is the same price, every time, and the only thing that ever increased was the court costs (it went from $32 when they got me to $57 when they got him). Until someone (be it a judge or otherwise) can tell me WHY I should have to drill holes in my front fascia to display a license plate when 40% of the cars I see around here have illegible REAR plates, I doubt I'll stop. Sure, it hurts the pocketbook every once in a while, but IMO it's worth it.

Now.....if I lived in a state that required a front plate and had a penalty of around $500, I probably would have learned my lesson by now. Either that, or I would have just sucked it up and purchased one of the hidden brackets that emerges out the front fascia via a pump and toggle switch. I always wanted to get one of those anyway, so that as I see the officer hit the lights, I can hit the switch. When he approaches the window, I could say "You must be mistaken. I'm a law abiding citizen! Take a look for yourself! I would never think of violating the State of Ohio's front license plate law". :finger:

stupid law - the states that have the law on the books would save so much money by not having to have them at all.

Exactly! Five years ago, my personalized plates were $53/year. Now they're $90. :rolleyes: Granted, they've had the "two plate law" for a long time, but I guess they had to increase the price because of the increasing value of aluminum. :banghead: Or at least that's what they tell folks.

Exactly! Five years ago, my personalized plates were $53/year. Now they're $90. :rolleyes: Granted, they've had the "two plate law" for a long time, but I guess they had to increase the price because of the increasing value of aluminum. :banghead: Or at least that's what they tell folks.

yep, plus the fact that they have to pay the inmates who stamp them for the state - everything costs money

yep, plus the fact that they have to pay the inmates who stamp them for the state - everything costs money

Oh! Get this! Our plates are no longer stamped! They're painted (or embossed, as they like to call them). Cheesiest looking things ever. As though they didn't look bad enough prior to this. :soapbox:

painted ones probably even cost more $$

Tell me these things don't look ridiculous!

License%20Plate.jpg

Ohio must have about 50 different styles of plates to choose from. Everything from "Great lakes Preservation" all the way to the "NRA" plates. My collector's license plates look even worse than the ones pictured above. :banghead:

Alright NRA !!

praise the lord and pass the ammunition!

LOL! I haven't actually seen one on a car (or any vehicle for that matter), but they're available.

If you ever get bored, visit the OPlates website. You'd be surprised just how many they have to choose from. They even have one for pets! Just go to "special plates availability" and click "view this plate".

But hey, anything is better than the "Birthplace of Aviation" controversy from a few years back. :rolleyes:

well I'm pretty sure that mosts states have customizable plates these days

Yeah, but *this* many? Sure, I'd expect personalization everywhere. Maybe one or two different styles to choose from. But a zillion plates, each with some weird little picture on the left? Maybe I need to broaden my horizons or something, but they just look so strange. Now if they added a Mustang horse or something.............sure! I'd be fine with the whole program, LOL.

Oh! Get this! Our plates are no longer stamped! They're painted (or embossed, as they like to call them). Cheesiest looking things ever. As though they didn't look bad enough prior to this. :soapbox:

Our WA personal plates are the same way. Silk screened. Cheep - "O".

Archived